• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patty J
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Weird Holiday today

Hi Everyone, Snowy and cold here in Wisconsin--a perfect Day to Celebrate NATIONAL POPCORN DAY. So pop some corn in the microwave or on top of the stove add melted butter. Sit back , cozy and warm with a good book. Enjoy your popcorn,
  • DeniseSm
    Missouri Star
    • Nov 2013

Re: Weird Holiday today

I miss popcorn. As I got older the husks were getting stuck underneath my gumline and caused big problems. Orville used to make a microwave one with olive oil and lime juice. They don't make that one anymore. Loved it. Miss it.

At least I still have dark chocolate.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• bakermom
      Missouri Star
      • Sep 2010

Thinking of making caramel corn later. Good way to enjoy being snowed in
      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

• JCY
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2013

I used to eat a lot of popcorn before I developed Type 2 Diabetes. Rarely eat it now. I do love the home popped kind with melted butter on it. I quit eating MW popcorn a long time ago due to the chemicals. We used to have popcorn in the college dorm. I had one of those electric poppers. The smell wafted down the hall & people would show up at your door.

Comment

• bakermom
          Missouri Star
          • Sep 2010

When the kids were home popcorn was a bedtime snack nearly every night. it was filling and affordable for a large family. DH and I still enjoy it.
          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2015

Ahh. I love popcorn, but now I can only eat it without chocking if I put lots of butter on it. If I dont I choke on it. Consequently I don't eat it that often.
            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• jjkaiser
              Missouri Star
              • Oct 2013

I love the smell of popcorn made on the stovetop. Smell of microwave popcorn always made me gag.
              Jocelyn
              South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• laura44
                Missouri Star
                • Mar 2014

Love movie theater popcorn! Lots of butter!!! I could eat a whole
                tub of it. Not to good for me though....

Comment

• bakermom
                  Missouri Star
                  • Sep 2010

We use the crank style on the stove top. makes a huge amount but can you ever have too much popcorn?!

― Albert Pine

Comment

• RockinLou
                    Missouri Star
                    • Oct 2014

I love popcorn... I did it stovetop in Kazakhstan all the time and the kids loved it. I'll have to remember that for a movie or game night here sometime... I have a silicone bowl that I can microwave it in here - none of the weird chemicals and all the convenience of the microwave. I always end up melting butter and putting salt on it. Yum....

Comment

Working...
                    X