Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baby Wiggles not a baby anymore...

Some of you have been around long enough to remember my son showing up in the middle of a raging snowstorm the day before Valentine's Day. (He spent some time in the NICU hence all the tubes and wires)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SawyerNICU.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	157176

That tiny little 8lb baby I called Wiggles (real name Sawyer) is turning 5 in a few weeks! He has since been joined by a little sister Daisykins (real name Daisy) who is 3 but has the attitude and opinions of a 16 year old girl.

Name:	72.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	157177 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	157178

Name:	daddynwigglesdec18.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	157179 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daddyndaisyxmas19.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	157180

Name:	daisycookie18.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	157181 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	noonyearwiggles.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	157182

He will be starting Kindergarten in the fall. He loves drawing and making books of his art. His sister loves dramatic play and dress-ups.

As for me. I was managing the irrigation program and doing various other grounds/horticulture work for Vanderbilt University but I quit my job there in December to go back to school full time working on a degree in Elementary Education. (Because I wanted a more difficult job that pays even less. ) I know we have a few teachers/former teachers here.

I had some pretty severe health trouble last summer and I ended up losing about 10% of my body weight. I am feeling better now but I capitalized on the reduction in mass to take up distance running. I haven't run much in the new year because I injured my knee but I actually placed in my age group in a local 10K race just after Christmas and I ran a non-competitive half marathon 2 weeks ago.

Name:	profilepodium.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	167.2 KB 
ID:	157183 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	freeze19.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	180.9 KB 
ID:	157184

I think that pretty well catches us up on what has been going on with me and my kids.
    Loosely based on a true story.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Baby Wiggles not a baby anymore...

Ryan ~ Thanks for all the pics & update. Such cute kids! I hope the health problems are resolved. My oldest son has run some 5 & 10 K races & a couple 1/2 marathons. However, he had to quit due to a knee problem. He's 52 y.o. My DIL is an elem. school teacher. She has many challenges with misbehaved kids, kids from broken homes where the parents don't care, etc. She pays out of pocket for many of her school supplies. You're in for a challenge, but I feel sure you'll be a good teacher.

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Love the recap of your family's life as of the past 5 years! Your kids are beautiful, and your goal of becoming an elementary school teacher is admirable! Becoming an elementary school teacher was my lifelong dream, which I finally realized at age 42, to continue for 18 more years! I wish you much luck in the future! I just know you will be an awesome teacher!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Love the recap. Glad to hear you are all doing well and that you recovered from your health issues. Wishing you all the best as you pursue a new dream...
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a darling family. All the best in your new career. I am absolutely certain, it will be your biggest challenge, but with many rewards.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to see you and your adorable kids and Good Luck pursuing your new goals.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful "blog" and such sweet pictures, Ryan. Your children are adorable. Sorry for whatever health problems you experienced and hope that now you are on the upswing! Good luck with your education. We have 4 teachers in our immediate family. They do not get enough $ for what they do, but they love what they do.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you have overcome the adversity of life and are moving forward. We can't do much more than that to set an example for our children.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Adorable family.

I worked in traditional classrooms before my switch over to Montessori. I wish you all the best. The only thing I miss about my job is the kids.

Explore your options in education.

Keep a skeptical eye on 'trends' and 'illogical logic'. Probably most important of all, keep the good of the children close to your heart, not everything that comes out of Schools of Education are truly in the child's best interest.

Be a fighter/ advocate for your children and remember the rule of three.... Teacher #1- informs parent of an issue for the child (parent's view... not my child), Teacher #2 child still has an issue (parent's never heard of that problem), Teacher # 3- the parents might start listening.

Document everything!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan, they are so adorable. Hard to believe that almost 5 years has passed so quickly. Thank you for the update.