Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday hellos!!

Good morning dear friends. Another day another dollar.

I spent the day looking for something that belonged to my mother but alas I came up empty. I must have given it away or I put it someplace that I would never find it, LOL!! And so I started packing my suitcase. Sorted my 'drug' bag. This little bag carries everything I might need. I did take out things that needn't be there. Then it was into the spare room where I can hardly move. Did some organizing in there, a pile more stuff to take to the church this morning. Tired of looked at 'stuff' and moving it around.

Today is Victoria's Quilts. I will drop off the stuff and then go quilt.

I think I had asked for prayers for a friend who was battling for her life. Well I am happy to report that although she is not out of the woods yet by any stretch of the imagination, she is making a little progress. The family has set up a blog where they give updates. Yesterday they took out the breathing tube and she spoke a little, saying she felt ****ty. Well that is Sandy. She is still in renal failure, her heart is damaged but we shall hope for the best. Thank you for your prayers.

Tomorrow Les is taking his sister for her surgery. She is having hardware removed from her ankle. I am hoping it is not too long of a day for him. I would go with them but I am battling a cold right now. So I will stay behind and get more cleaning done. I might even sew something.

Well have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks PamelaOry, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday hellos!!

Good Morning,

Traffic seems to be pretty steady this morning. I guess everyone is back to the normal grind. I made all of my phone calls, except the dentist, yesterday morning. Somehow, after telling Jim what the plans for Jonathan were this week, Morgan didn't get the message. He called home yesterday at 11, and she still had all three kids at home. Having all three at home is challenging when the oldest is 6 and the other two are more demanding. He came over after lunch, then had lunch over here, so I found out. He stayed until they came back for dinner.

Dinner hit the spot with me, roast beef with potatoes, carrots an onion. The crock pot is still my friend. It was a little short on salt, but it still tasted good. You can always add more salt, but you sure can't take it away easily.

I worked on hexies while I was waiting on Jonathan. I guess that will be my main project for a while. I want to get that finished! I was thinking I would hand quilt it, but with the kids here so much, I don't think that's going to work.

Monique I'm adding your friends and relatives to my prayer list. I've decided I don't like January any more. I used to hate it because of the excessive mid year testing, now, it just seems like there's just so much sickness and death in January.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone!

Oh Monique, I've been in your shoes before......so,etimes I find the thing days, months later......sometimes, never. I've been looking for a letter now for over 15 years. I'm sure I didn't throw it away, but perhaps it got "stuck" to something else......I feel your pain.

So happy for your friend Sandy, at least her friends and family have more time with her.

Hope you're feeling better soon! Seems like wine is the latest cure! I never drink the stuff.....except my brothers home made! Oh, it's not like anything else I've ever had. I end up sipping.....and hating stuff others serve. His? Delicious! Might make a cold seem better anyway. Love and get well hugs to you!

Well I sewed the sashing onto the rows. Now to sew the rows together. I'll try later today. Yesterday I had a slow bathroom sink drain to deal with. After some coaxing, she's a running super now! I hate slow drains!

I was soooo tired last night I went to bed at 9, and don't remember much till the alarm went off at 4. I didn't want to get up, but did, so now my day is off and running!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Love, hugs and prayers for many!

5. Thanks PamelaOry, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ Wow, someone has an alarm that goes off earlier than mine, which is at 5 a.m. I thought I was the early bird. Believe, my early alarm is from necessity, since I'm a caregiver. It's been years since I've been able to "sleep in."

Yest. afternoon I had a productive sewing time: FMQ for 30 min., then pieced 1 quilt block, then started working on 12 burp cloths. I keep a stash of baby flannel fabrics for this purpose. At a quilt show last year I had purchased several 1/2 yd. cuts. A FQ works perfectly; just envelope it & stitch shut the end & sew all around the perimeter. I finished them in the evening. I'm ready to put the baby quilts & burp cloths in a gift bag for the baby shower tomorrow.

Today I'll take DH to the optical center to pick up his glasses. Old frames, new lenses. His Rx changed. He's delaying cataract surgery as long as possible.

No more time now.

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning to all.
    It's a little bit warmer here today and we may get some sun this afternoon. I'm finally getting back to normal after catching the flu at the end of 2018. Yes, I had a flu shot, but it's probably not adequate when someone coughs right in your face and you inhale. Yesterday I was able to starch, press and stitch the backing for a large lap quilt that's been on my UFO pile since 2014. It was originally a Disappearing Four Patch, but I've found I loath that pattern. So I just made it into a checkerboard pattern. It's basted and now waiting to start quilting today. Unfortunately, after that I probably won't have any energy to clean......
    This is the year I'm going to finish all my UFOs and not purchase anything unless it's necessary for one of these projects. I have only eight, so if I finish one a month I'll be able to start a new project at the end of the summer.
    After hubby drinks his coffee, we're going to cut the legs down on my sewing table so I don't need to hunch my shoulders up to my ears when I'm sewing. Here's hoping that the new pipe cutter works well....
    Hope all have a wonderful day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ladies,

Back from a girlfriend's weekend, it's back to the regular routine. Right! Who am I kidding? My life is anything but routine. I can look at a more-less free schedule, and next thing I know, it's filled up. I will have to sneak in to shower. DH obviously could not sleep and was up most of the night. Evidence is the glass of milk and bowl of cereal on the counter.

Today I will get the car washed. It's the mildest it's going to be all week -4c. We are in deep freeze phase. This past weekend was -27c to -18c. Apparently we get acclimatized to cold weather. Never, she said! Then I will go to see mom, and I know I will have to request a meeting with director of care, as mom is not receiving the care she requires. When I saw her on Friday, she was confused and quite angry. The caregiver that spends time with her, said they had put her to bed when there was an activity she wanted to go to. She needs interaction with people, not left in her room all day.

There is so much that I want to do, before I give myself time to quilt. I will have to speed up. More coffee should do the trick.

The victims of last Friday's commuter bus crash were announced. All 3 were federal public servants. A 56yr man, and 57 & 65yr old women. A young woman has had her leg amputated and clinging to life with a blood clot in lung. There are another 22 people in hospital inserious condition. There were over 90 people on this double decker bus. The city has been shocked and grieving. Prayers for families.

Have a good day everyone. Sending hugs and positive vibes to those in need. Stay warm. Stay dry and be safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

9. Thanks Monique, PamelaOry, Star lover, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning All. I am with with Katrina, January GO AWAY! Dad is still progressing forward and starting today I am switching my visits to hospital after 5 pm each day unless I am requested to be there in the daytime. From 8 to 5 they are in/out all the time, occupational therapy, physical therapy, housekeeping, shower time, etc. changing his schedules on the fly. My SIL came over and helped me yesterday in scraping wall paper off the bathroom walls in his bathroom. The bathroom was already started for fixer up time before his infection and amputation, now we have to finish in double time and with things we didn't plan on incorporating, like safety bars etc. Can do the bedside portable potty for ease in the beginning but come bath time, well can't exactly take him to the back yard and hose him down! Lucky for me his sense of humor is back! Staff as hospital say he is a character with a capital "C". Yesterday when one of his therapist was leaving asked if he needed anything else before she left, he said yes "A Hug". She said What? He said I need a Hug. She looked at me kinda puzzled and I just shrugged my shoulders and said "Hey he's a hugger!". He got his hug and a smile came to his face.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It’s sunny and 30 deg . Expecting rain or snow this weekend. I am hoping for rain, since I am traveling to Maryland. I am getting all my supplies organized, so no sewing yesterday. I also have to get the dog meds and food organized. I am off to tutor my Japanese gals. We took a break for the holidays.

Have a good day.
    Beth

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. It's been a few days since I've been here. Seems longer. I miss it when I can't pop in here. DH came down with an intestinal virus on Thursday night and was sick well into Friday and still felt out of it into Saturday but was able to eat lightly, soup, toast, tea, applesauce, etc. I thought, great, he is getting better. And he was... but then I started with it and it wiped me out and knocked me down for a couple days. I am feeling better this morning. Hubby stayed home yesterday so at least I had some help since he was on the mend. I was able to eat last night but couldn't sleep. I didn't fall asleep until sometime after 1:30 last night so I slept in until 8 this morning. The worst part of all of this is that we can't go see Tessa.

Monique, glad to hear your friend has made some improvement. And I hope you find that letter you have been looking for. Katrina, I love my crock pot too. It was great when I was working but I find I still love using it now that I'm retired even though I have more time to cook. Why spend time in the kitchen when I could spend time in the sewing room. Anita, my mom was a believer in a glass of wine, slightly warmed to help with a cold. I enjoy a glass of wine but must admit, I have never tried her cure. Joy, I am sure the recipient of your baby blanket and burp cloths will be thrilled.

Barbara, so sorry to hear you had the flu. I only have had the actual flu once and boy oh boy, it really kicked my butt for weeks afterwards. I hope you are still taking it easy. Suzanne, welcome back from your girls weekend. I hope you are able to get the situation with your mom resolved. Mimi, glad your dad's sense of humor is back. That is always a good thing. Good luck getting things ready for him. Beth, I hope you have good weather for your trip this weekend although I must admit, I am ready for a nice snowfall.

OK, it is time to see what I can accomplish today. Hubby says I need to take it easy but I sit here and see things that need to be done so I will try to spend my energy wisely. He did go back to work today. Have a good day everyone. Be safe all those dealing with nasty weather across the country.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning All.

Things are peaceful here. I have been working on getting my works in progress moved forward enough that I could clear my cutting table and start my first accuquilt project. I was finally able to start it yesterday. I’m doing 12 in. Diamond star blocks. I was hoping it would be quicker than it was. Maybe it will go faster as I get more used to it. The accuracy was amazing,that did not disappoint. Because I’m using a fat quarter bundle and taking care with color placement I’m thinking I need to cut it out one block at a time but maybe as I get going I’ll figure out a quicker way.

I said a prayer for those dealing with pain today, may God send relief and comfort. I hope everyone has a peaceful day and is able to stay warm!

Pam

14. Thanks Star lover, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post