• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Astatoo
    The Guild President
    • Sep 2017

Oliso

I purchased an Oliso iron about 18 months ago from M*. Last week it stopped lifting, and the "feet" only went in part way so I could not even use it the regular way. I contacted the Oliso company for trouble shooting and together we were not able to get it working. I was sad, since it was no longer under warranty. I must say the company was excellent, offered me a brand new one for only a few $$$$. What an excellent company to do business with! They answered e-mails very quickly, called to help with trouble shooting and were just a pleasure to work with. Kudos Oliso for excellent customer service.

Beth
    Happiness is a FULL bobbin!
  • amartin24
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2014

Re: Oliso

The same thing happened to mine and I was able to get a brand new replacement for $60-$70? I believe. It was well worth it. They were very good to deal with.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Comment

• PamelaOry
      Applique Angel
      • Jan 2019

Good to know! I had trouble with mine and we messed with it and got it working again but I feel like I’m on borrowed time.
      Pam

Comment

• auntstuff
        Missouri Star
        • Nov 2017

I love my old B&D. Like a Timex, it keeps on ticking.
        She who dies with the most quilts is......
        Still dead.
        What's your hurry?

Comment

• cv quilter
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2015

I am going to knock on wood here!!!...I have an Oliso that my DH bought me 2 years ago. So far So good! I do love it, but I think the steam output could be better? The one thing I know is that there is a switch on the underside of the handle that will either shut the feet off or on. Just wondering if those who have problems with the feet not coming down have checked that??? Just askin' cause it happened to me.

Auntstuff,, I agree about the old B & D. They were awesome irons. Not sure what happened to mine, then I went to a Rowenta (loved it) and DH bought me the Oliso. I still have my Rowenta, but think the B&D was dropped and didn't keep on tickin'
          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2015

Knock on wood also. Bought ours in 2015 when DH & I started quilting, with no problems. I know that any iron being used as much as ours, it's all good.
            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• KPH
              Missouri Star
              • Feb 2015

I wore my first one out. lol, silly thing loved to do jumping jacks and then it would cut itself off. I think it was trying to go on strike, but it was too close to Christmas for that tactic to work. My MIL and Mike pooled their Christmas money and bought me a new one!
              Katrina
              From NC, retired in FL
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• grammaterry
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2015

My DD bought me one a couple of birthdays ago. I'm not sold on it compared to my Rowenta. It leaks .
                success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                Terry of NC

Comment

• JCY
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jul 2013

Auntstuff ~ I'm with you. I can't justify spending that much money on an iron. I have an old faithful Black & Decker as well. It's my 2nd one. If it wears out, I'll buy another one.

Comment

• Vonnie
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2013

I have a Panasonic cordless that I love. I got a good price of around $50 for it on Amazon a few years ago. I know it's at least 5 years because I remember using it to help with making quilt sandwiches on the floor. I would use it to set the 505 spray on a Queen Size quilt. I would press a quarter of the 90" X 108" quilt before putting it back on the recharge base. I bought my long arm 4 years ago. I do not have fond memories of floor basting!
                    Vonnie

Comment

• cv quilter
                      Missouri Star
                      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
                      I have a Panasonic cordless that I love. I got a good price of around $50 for it on Amazon a few years ago. I know it's at least 5 years because I remember using it to help with making quilt sandwiches on the floor. I would use it to set the 505 spray on a Queen Size quilt. I would press a quarter of the 90" X 108" quilt before putting it back on the recharge base. I bought my long arm 4 years ago. I do not have fond memories of floor basting!
                      Vonnie, I also have a Panasonic cordless......I do love it for pressing the blocks/block pieces as I sew them. Have it right next to my machine. I also find it very useful for doing the same thing you do....When I am spray basting on my wall, I can use it to set the layers together as I spray. It's wonderful, just put it back on the charger for a few seconds and I can continue to press.
                      A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2016

I have both styles of the cordless, flat bottom so it sits up like regular iron when not on charger and the football one that has to be returned to charger when not using. I use the flat bottom (it is a little heavier) when press blocks on the ironing board, but that football one is great for sandwiching time for sure.

Comment

• auntstuff
                          Missouri Star
                          • Nov 2017

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                          Auntstuff ~ I'm with you. I can't justify spending that much money on an iron. I have an old faithful Black & Decker as well. It's my 2nd one. If it wears out, I'll buy another one.
                          I have worn the teflon off the tip, but it keeps on going.
                          She who dies with the most quilts is......
                          Still dead.
                          What's your hurry?

Comment

• surfergirl
                            The Guild President
                            • Nov 2015

I also have a Panasonic cordless that's the original not the double ender one. Still going strong and use it almost every day.

Comment

• gmpintos
                              Rotary Pro
                              • Jan 2019

I bought an Oliso....I like it.....I agree the steam output could be better. The best iron I had was a Shark. It was only $59 at Wal-Mart. Lots of steam.

Comment

Working...
                              X