Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oliso

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Oliso

Quote Originally Posted by Vonnie View Post
    I have a Panasonic cordless that I love. I got a good price of around $50 for it on Amazon a few years ago. I know it's at least 5 years because I remember using it to help with making quilt sandwiches on the floor. I would use it to set the 505 spray on a Queen Size quilt. I would press a quarter of the 90" X 108" quilt before putting it back on the recharge base. I bought my long arm 4 years ago. I do not have fond memories of floor basting!
    Vonnie, I also have a Panasonic cordless......I do love it for pressing the blocks/block pieces as I sew them. Have it right next to my machine. I also find it very useful for doing the same thing you do....When I am spray basting on my wall, I can use it to set the layers together as I spray. It's wonderful, just put it back on the charger for a few seconds and I can continue to press.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have both styles of the cordless, flat bottom so it sits up like regular iron when not on charger and the football one that has to be returned to charger when not using. I use the flat bottom (it is a little heavier) when press blocks on the ironing board, but that football one is great for sandwiching time for sure.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    Auntstuff ~ I'm with you. I can't justify spending that much money on an iron. I have an old faithful Black & Decker as well. It's my 2nd one. If it wears out, I'll buy another one.
    I have worn the teflon off the tip, but it keeps on going.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a Panasonic cordless that's the original not the double ender one. Still going strong and use it almost every day.