Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Note to self

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Note to self

Do not lock yourself out of home. 3.5 hours and counting locked out of house. Not very smart on my part. Waiting for DD to get here with key. Hopefully within the next hour. Luckily it’s been a pretty day so I worked in yard a bit. Also borrowed a phone charger from neighbor. Huge thanks to him. You can bet I will not lock door between laundry room and garage again!

Oh well. Have a great day

2. Thanks SallyO'Sews, Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Note to self

Frustrating! Glad it was pretty and you could get some things done while you were locked out.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I see you live in Texas so I would say there's a whole lot worse, and colder, places to be stranded outside! Your dh will not let you forget this for a long time tho--until it happens to him!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I keep a spare key OUTSIDE the house for just that reason.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

That is why I keep a spare in my purse and one in garage too.

Beth
    Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a keyless entry garage door opener? I haven't used house keys in ages.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my. I guess in my case I would have to hae broken in . Hope you are ok

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I would hate for that to happen. I now carry a house key in my purse. When step son lived with us, he would lock all docks from garage, laundry room. Locked me out once. Never happened again.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am back in the house now. Have been for several hours now. DD got hear about 6:15 or so.

JJ Kaiser - no DH, so don't have to worry about him not letting me forget this. And if I was still married, I could bring up all the times he would run out of gas in his truck and need to be rescued. And yes, at least I am in TX and had nice weather. Although I think if I was somewhere cold, I would have called a locksmith or gotten a ride to go get the key from DD.

Joy - I'm like you. Haven't used a house key in ages. I use a garage door opener and always leave the door from garage to house unlocked. We had locked it earlier because DS had my garage floor concrete sealed and coated. It looks great, but we had to keep the garage door partially open for the fumes to dissipate and make sure it was completely dry before moving stuff back in the house. So since we left that door open, had to lock the door to garage. Everything was fine and dandy until I walk out to check on the floor and forgot to unlock the door. You can still open the door from inside even if locked.

I have keys in my purse, but that was locked in house. You have all made good points, and I think I will put a key in the garage for sure.

Since DD needed to come bring me the key, she also brought over DGD to spend the night. Little thing is already asleep in her crib. She is such a good baby,

12. Thanks Star lover, Claire Hallman, Astatoo thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Karen I misread your post thought you said DH not DD! Well a bonus in this for you, the baby gets to stay overnight. Now that is what I call a Happy Ending!!