Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: cancer-for my furbaby

So sorry to hear about Maggie. It's so hard to watch the ones we love suffer.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Being a non-dog person myself I DO understand. I dog-sat for 3 weeks and got attached to that darn dog. I just don't want to own one of my own.

Sorry you are going through this.
    Last edited by Monique; January 11th, 2019 at 10:21 PM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about your news. Your family will be in my thoughts & prayers tonight.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

She's not "just a dog." She's family, and you love her, and your heart is breaking. Hugs to you and to your fur baby Maggie.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry about Maggie and I know your heart is breaking.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Gina, my heart is breaking for you. We had a Maggie also, adopted her in 2004 and lost her to cancer in July of 2017. Holding her as she crossed the Rainbow Bridge in the end was one of the hardest things I ever had to do, but so grateful that I was with her then too.

When her ashes were returned to me, I made her a memorial stepping stone, mixing the ashes into the cement. The stone is by my front door (so she can still say hello to the mailman), and I can still feel her presence near me.

Love your Maggie, and snuggle often while she's still with you. And know another Maggie will be on the other side of the bridge waiting to greet her when time has come.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Awww, Gina - I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet Maggie. Praying the medication will work and you will have her with you for a longer time, and that she will have a good quality of life. When the time comes for you to let her go, remember that you are doing the kindest thing you can do to show your love to her. Hugs to you!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Gina, I have tears in my eyes thinking about you and your Maggie. She was very lucky to have you as her owner and you have given her lots of love and care. I do know how you feel our pets have always become family members. I am praying that the medication will help her. Hugs

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Gina, I just hated to read your post, I knew it would be sad. I think I must have been a dog myself in a previous life because I just love all dogs, sometimes more than people. I lost my dog to cancer a year ago. You get so attached to them so I know how you feel, especially one that is your shadow and keeps you company night and day. They are the best. I know you will not let her suffer even one day. You will know when it's time. Just love her and spoil her all you can right now, that's all you can do.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Sending best wishes to Maggie and you. They leave paw prints on our hearts. They are our best friends and wonderful companions with their unconditional love for us.