Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default cancer-for my furbaby

We just found out yesterday that our senior citizen furbaby, Maggie, has bladder cancer. There's a pill our vet can give her to help reduce it but won't get rid of it. We've been given 6 months to a year. I've already cried buckets & know there's more to come. She's been my little shadow since I brought her home from an estate sale 4 years ago. She lays in my lap whenever I sit in my recliner, lays by my side on her blankie next to my office chair, on a blankie in my sewing room. I know she's just a dog to folks that don't like dogs or cats. To me, she's my baby even though she's 13 years old. Going forward, I don't know what kind of side effects the meds will have. Jerry & I are in agreement that we won't let her suffer in any kind of pain. She has our neverending love and support.

I know there's more human illness/loss happening to our forum friends & I pray their pain is eased or stopped. Right now, my heart is in pieces.

Please pray for us to know when we need to take my Maggie to the entrance of the Rainbow Bridge.

Gina

2. Thanks sewbizzy, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: cancer-for my furbaby

Oh Gina, my heart aches for you. I too had a sweet shadow years ago. Our fur-babies capture our hearts. They ask nothing of us, yet they give sooooo much. I'll keep you all in my prayers. Love and hugs!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

You can’t help who or what you fall in love with and we’ll support you as you support her at this difficult time.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Gina....I'm so sorry to hear about your little Maggie. I know the shock and heartache when this happens to our babies. She will want to do more snuggling with you than usual and that's a wonderful time for both of you to share. You will know in your heart when the time is right for her to go to Rainbow Bridge. Until then enjoy the precious time you have. (((HUGS)))Name:  Hugs.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  10.8 KB

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Gina,
    I'm so sorry to hear about Maggie. It's really difficult to see our pets suffer. I know you will know when it's time for a final goodbye.
    Sending you hugs,
    Suzanne

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Iím so sorry to hear about Maggie. Youíve given her a good home and have always done whatís best for her. Make more happy memories while you can.

When we had to say goodbye to our beagle Rosie (my avatar) I was devastated. But as I held her in my arms the last time she looked up at me as if to say she knew we were doing what was best. It meant a lot that she comforted me in the end.

Itís not easy saying goodbye. Thatís the thing with our furbabies, theyíre gone too soon. All my best to you and your family.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like our fur babies get a lot of same diseases as people. They're just as special to us. Enjoy your time together. You'll know when it's time. It's always hard to say good-bye.

9. Thanks cv quilter thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear that your fur baby is suffering. Cancer is not fun for anyone, human or animal. I hope that you will know when the time is right.

11. Thanks cv quilter thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Gina, I am reading your post with a "catch in my heart". Our little Cavalier King Charles (a rescue at 5 YO) was ultimately diagnosed with cancer, her spleen removed, and since has had multiple health issues. She was then 7+ YO. To be honest, they wanted to do treatment for cancer as they said that the cells could have multiplied inside of her, and couldn't be detected. We were also told that treatment may very well not make a difference or give her more time. We decided that we weren't going to do the treatments, and we are blessed...so far our little girl is still with us. The outlook was not good, but we knew we didn't want to put her through the treatments, and the effects of them. She gives us love, we return it and so far God is good. We still have her. I'm saying our case is the not one to base your actions/opinion on, but we are just thankful for the time that we still have with our Snickers. I wish you many more days/week/months/years with your little fur baby. I love our little girl.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear this. I certainly understand your sorrow, we just led our dear Asta on that journey a few weeks ago. (((((hugs)))))

Beth
    Happiness is a FULL bobbin!