• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threadbndr
    Batting Beauty
    • Jan 2017

WiP Jan 11 - 17, 2019

Wow, people have had some great progress lately! Congratulations to everyone.

I got another one of the Aunt Lottie's Garden applique blocks done. That's 15 of the 30 for the center of the quilt. Halfway!!! Of course, there's borders and border cornerstones yet to do after I get the middle done, but I'll take the progress where I can get it LOL.

We are supposed to get two to four inches of snow tomorrow, so I'm going to hibernate and craft!
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

Re: WiP Jan 11 - 17, 2019

Karla, seems like you are making progress as well.

Last night, I made a phone/ remote caddy to attach to my mom bed rail. I seem to be spending a lot of time going there to resolve issues with her care, and when I get back I'm too exhausted to sew lots.
    image.jpg

I will go sew two pillowcases for my girlfriend, and will bring to give them to her this weekend for her birthday. The fabric matches the quilt I made her last year. Other than that, I'm still plugging away at assembling the Boomerang quilt. It's challenging since the wall is not big enough. It is what it is, and I will get it done.

Have a good week sewing. I look forward to seeing your WIPs.

I
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• DeniseSm
      Missouri Star
      • Nov 2013

Finished assembling all the Tessalla blocks together. I used one of the alternate layouts shown on page 6 of the pattern. This week I will be dragging my quilting table out from storage in the garage and begin quilting some of the tops I have been piecing. I am getting a really late start this year so my goal is to finish four quilts before the weather warms up too much.

100_4816.JPG
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• RockinLou
        Missouri Star
        • Oct 2014

I finished the little table topper I was working on last week, I'm now working on quilting the little hot pad to go with it ... nothing big but getting a little time in for me most days. I need to get to bed early tonight so I don't know what I'll accomplish... but I'm going to do a bit everyday.

Comment

• MaryUK
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2016

I'm finding my January UFO hard going!! It's Jenny's Wallflower quilt, although I'm only doing 30 blocks - that's 180 petals to blanket stitch down!! I've done 51 so far, only 129 to go!! As it's sew tedious I veered off to finish a Linus quilt but I'm back on it now.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Comment

• Claire Hallman
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2011

I realized I have three quilts sandwiched. I need to get cracking with the fmq so I can start piecing something else. I also have a top ready to sandwich, maybe this afternoon I can reduce that sandwich number to two.
            Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• DeniseSm
              Missouri Star
              • Nov 2013

Please be kind, here is my first ever attempt at ruler quilting on my domestic sewing machine, a Brother PQ1500.
              100_4818.JPG

First I used the walking foot to stitch right down the middle of the colored fabric. You can see this line is nice and straight with even stitches. I used this to stabilize the quilt instead of SITD on every seam. Then I tried to use the westalee ruler foot with a straight ruler. My sewing machine had a fit and kept throwing stitches. When I switched back to the hopping FMQ foot that came with the machine it immediately stopped skipping stitches. So even though you aren't supposed to, I used my hopping FMQ foot with the extra thick quilting rulers. For a first effort I am pleased with the result.

The worst part is the hopping FMQ foot that came with my machine is an oval (not round.) So I can only use the ruler on two sides, and the spacing distance is different on each side. I still am getting straighter lines than if I FMQ without a ruler.
              Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• cv quilter
                Missouri Star
                • Feb 2015

Looking good, Denise. Pretty darned great for your first attempt. It's interesting that you ended up having to use your hopping foot. That was a challenge. But then, you never back down from a challenge. lol
                A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jun 2011

looking good, I am jealous.
                  I did manage doing a curved half clamshell along a border which turned out ok but it can't bee seen since the thread is a great match.
                  Keep plugging away and one day it will seem easy.
                  Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• kimsophia
                    Missouri Star
                    • Oct 2014

The felt fishing magnet toy got shipped off to my friend adopting the two little boys today. I hope they have fun with it.
                    P1030562.JPG

Comment

• jjkaiser
                      Missouri Star
                      • Oct 2013

Wow kimsophia, those fishes are really cute and the boys will be in heaven! Denise, what can I say? Everything you try seems to come out perfectly! I am in awe of how you can always pull it together just using solids. I think that is way harder than it looks. 99% of my stash is prints so when I try to throw in a random solid, my head wants to tell me hey, that doesn't go there! Me, I am plugging away quilting a king size batik. The end is in sight. Thank goodness--I am getting a little sick of looking at blue and purples. About one more month and I will be done. I can't wait.
                      Jocelyn
                      South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

Working...
                      X