Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Polyester thread suggestions

Will your machine take a Towa bobbin gauge? Superior Threads has a list of machines that take it. It's extremely helpful in getting rid of bobbin tension problems and saves tons of time too. It is expensive, about $50, but well worth the price. I had also gotten an email from Superior Threads that they are having a very good sale on their "try me" threads

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Tension ~ (I'm talking LA here, not a DSM) I was taught that the tension of the bobbin should be tested with every bobbin change. I check mine every time. Most of the time it's good, but sometimes it needs a little tweak. I always test the stitching on a sample sandwich before I resume quilting on my current project.

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I use hemmingworth. The plastic covers help it feed smoothly and also keeps dust off.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I use Glide thread. It works beautifully.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Do any of you have suggestions on embroidering machines? I've just recently started using my singer embroider machine to do designs but sometimes I get loose thread hoops on the back and sometimes on the top. I'm wondering if it's a thread issue or if it's a machine issue. I've tried re-threading top, bottom, cleaning bobbin area, replacing bobbin holder, etc. Next step is to take the machine apart to try and see if something is wrong inside but I want to get some thoughts here first. It doesnt happen all the time but more than half and is super frustrating to not have a strong, clean design.
    Teresa

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have had a BL embroidery machine for several years. I do find that Robison Anton embroidery thread works WELL for me. I have a BabyLock embroidery machine (now on my third BL) and almost everytime I have an issue it'sI because I have used another thread.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

7. Thanks bdmsmith thanked for this post
    4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I have a dream machine and when I first got it, they sold me Floriani thread to go with it. I had a terrible time. I switched to brother and hemmingworth threads (after trying out several brands) and now I have very little trouble. It makes no sense to me as Floriani has a reputation for being excellent thread. I just figure itís a peculiarity of my machine.

9. Thanks bdmsmith thanked for this post