Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Angle challenged

Good morning all.....after years of watching quilt shows, collecting patterns and a stash of supplies, I am finally sewing quilts. I have been inspired by Mary Ann Fons to make Quilts of Valor. My current project uses Jenny's Cascade pattern. Like Jenny, I am angle challenged. So, taking Jenny's good advice, I layed out pieces and sewed a block to follow. Attachment 157013Attachment 157012
    I realized that I had cut some pieces wrong. So I recut pieces I thought were cut correctly. They were cut for view 2. I like view 1 better and the pieces needed to be cut with the angle cut left rather than right. Fortunately, I have enough fabric and the misangled pieces will be reused. I am glad I did not precut all my fabric.....and thank you Jenny, for good advice for the anglely challenged. Hope everyone is prepared for bad weather this weekend.
    Last edited by gmpintos; January 10th, 2019 at 12:16 PM.

2. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, KPH thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Angle challenged

Welcome to the forum! I know I'm anglely challenged. I haven't tried that quilt yet.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio. This is such a good place for quilting advice.

My angle challenge is paper piecing. I get all turned up and backwards doing it, so I have decided to admire others work instead. I do English paper piecing with no trouble, however, go figure.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

5. Thanks gmpintos thanked for this post
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from the Catskills. It is the print that is the challenge in this quilt. I am proceeding step by step in the same order each time. I have a pile of chain piecing to see and I am watching blowing snow fluries.

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Fran View Post
    Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio. This is such a good place for quilting advice.

My angle challenge is paper piecing. I get all turned up and backwards doing it, so I have decided to admire others work instead. I do English paper piecing with no trouble, however, go figure.
    Paper piecing is not my forte. I don't even have to be anglely challenged for that, lol.

And welcome from Canada.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

9. Thanks gmpintos thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been working on a star and couldn't see how the pieces I had would work but was so surprised when after following directions, voila...it worked.

11. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome to the forum from Michigan. We all have challenges.......yet, cause we're determined, and creative, we press on. That's why quilters are great! Enjoy the journey!

Attachment 157033