Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday hellos

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday hellos

Good morning friends. It is going to be an ugly day today. Terribly windy today with much colder temperatures coming. UGH!! Not sure if I will venture out or not. I cleaned out some more yesterday and have filled another bag full of 'stuff' I don't want/need/will never make. My sewing room is taking shape with a little more room to manouver around. Getting there bit by bit.

I got a call from a LQS that a pattern had arrived for a wallet that was on display. My friend Lynda is going to stop in tomorrow and pick it up for me. They have a sale right now with 25% off until Sunday. This is the store where I bought her gift certificate so she will get more bang for her buck.

No, I haven't started packing yet for my trip. I want to get the sewing room up and running first. So today I guess will be more of the same.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks baslp, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday hellos

Good morning to everyone!

Good feeling Monique, getting through everything to get your area ship shape! You'll get er done! .....and yup.....baby it's COLD outside! Even worse with that howling wind! They said with wind chill, were below 0'!!!! Not going anywhere today!

Just about done with my sorting, purging, etc. think I should finish today. Sure looks purdy! I have 2 large plastic garbage bags to donate. Not sure where it all came from......or how come I don't have more spare space......maybe I'm not to add to the stash anymore? It's not like I don't use it, or purge every now and then.....ah well. I'm an addict......and want no cure!

The house needs cleaning, so guess I should get to it......or not......

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. May it be blessed and filled with joy and health. Hugs for all!

4. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Monique and all those who follow.

Monique, I hope get your sewing room to your liking. I envy you packing to go to Cuba. My grandmother has post cards from her brother's trip to Cuba when it was an open port.

Yesterday morning was Jonathan time. I was totally unprepared. I didn't have the stuff ready for his experiment, nor his daily language lesson and he called me on it. Oh well, he had a much more instructive day without the 'normal stuff'. He found my old Squirrel calendar from last year. We spent over an hour setting up and 'co-writing' a story. Morgan brought lunch and the two younger kids. Then they all played with puzzles while mom took a nap.

The fencing, gates and deck railings and steps are all done. Don suggested going to a Glidden paint center and picking up a certain kind of Glidden paint for the decking. I figured I'd pick up a 5 gallon bucket, to do the fencing and the decking. Only things in none of the Glidden stores listed on Google are there anymore. I'm going to call them back and ask if there is another brand that I should use.

Jim called yesterday afternoon, they're talking about getting a dog. That brought the service dog for me back to his brain. I'm in the I talked to the woman and she gave me a list of things to do. I haven't figured out who to call to do those things... you know I've been kind of busy, keeping his kids, fixing the house, making sure I don't harm his little brother (which may happen soon if he doesn't get a job!). So, Friday... my day 'off' I'm keeping the kids while he goes to church, then Saturday, I'm keeping his kids while he grades papers over here- because Morgan has to sleep (night shift ER), and we 'll talk about the dog, and where I have to go for mobility training.

Chris's funeral is Saturday. I won't be going but I've already sent cards to his grandmother, both parents and sister. I made a donation to the Cancer Society from my family. I know the last thing I wanted was a bunch of plants to care for and by donating to a good cause at least the money goes for something good.

Well, the sun is coming up, and I need to get some sand so a little whipper snapper will have his experiment for later today. I should be better prepared today. lol, maybe... since we'll be editing there's not much more I can do with out him here.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ I was rudely awakened at 4:30 (30 min. before my alarm goes off) with a Charlie horse in my L. ankle. I hate it when that happens! Nothing to do but get up & try to walk it off & hope it would quit. I rubbed some Arnica gel on it. Oh well, as least I got here earlier this morning.

No sewing yest. I had Bible study in the morning, then a Wendy's lunch -- visited with 3 friends there. Then the groc. store for chicken & a few things, and a stop at Office Depot/Max for printer ink. Even with the sale discount, it's way too much money for ink, IMO. These computer companies make their money on ink, I think. I'm trying to be more judicious in what I print.

In the afternoon I cooked up a kettle of apples for sauce. Yest. eve. I did the veg. prep. for chicken soup today. The whole chicken I bought is 6.25 lb., which along with 2 pkgs. of legs, will make a large batch. So...I'll be in the kitchen all morning.

Yest. we had a sort of sunny day, but considerable clouds as well. High was 50 deg. It's supposed to be warmer today, then a chance of snow tonight into tomorrow. Maybe only 0.5-1" here, but more in the S. Denver area & foothills. We really need the moisture. There has been good snowfall in the mts. this winter, which always helps the summer water supply for the Front Range.

I hope everyone has a good day. Prayers for all those & their loved ones who are going through tough times.

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning !! Sun is not up but I am! Don't remember seeing 9 pm last night. I got a call from the hospital around 7 last night that they were moving my dad up to 4th floor, the rehab floor. That wasn't supposed to happen until this morning sometime. I left hospital earlier than usual yesterday to start packing bag with regular clothes to be ready for the move. Nurses told him he would be in big open area (gym type room) so he would need regular clothes, no Flashing allowed! Did I dash back to hospital with street clothes... noooo sir reeee. Surgeon had stopped by to change the dressessing (they do the first changing) and was happy with the result, so they decided to move him right away. They chose to change the schedule and I chose to not change mine. Took the night off.! Told nurse on phone tell him "sweet dreams" and I would be there in the morning.

I asked my DIL if she or my son had prepared the grandkids for what to expect when they finally see their great grandpa, the amputation and all. She said they think its cool, their papa is a pirate! They are like 9 and 11. This should bring a smile to his face when I tell him that this morning.

Time for more coffee and on with my day.

10. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. It is a cold one here today. 32 right now but so windy it makes it feel like it's in the low 20's. I do need to go out this morning to pick up my sister. We are having a "sister" day. She leaves for Costa Rica on Monday for about 5 weeks so it will be a while before we get to spend time together again. We will probably just go out for brunch and then head back here and stay warm and cozy.

Not much else new around here. We are getting closer to when dh will be home full time. I will need to get used to that. LOL

Have a good day all. Stay warm and safe.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

Mimi Howard - I get it when you can't drag yourself to the hospital. It is all so exhausting and stressful. What we forget is that there are trained staff to look after our loved ones. I did the same on Tuesday when they moved my mom to another room, I said 'go ahead & do it'. When my mom called me after her move to ask if I was coming, I said 'no'. She doesn't need anything except visitors/company, and I had things to do and needed to rest. When you're the only one, it's difficult.

It looks like everyone is getting their spaces organized, purged and decluttered. I try to keep this up on a regular basis. I'm a bit OCD. But I do a big clean-up in spring & fall. If it's cold and indoor weather, I try to sew as much as I can.

Yesterday, I sewed a few more rows of the Boomerang quilt. It's more challenging not to get the same colours near each other. On my 3rd row, I was tired and should have stopped. When I pinned it up on the wall, I realized I was one block short. Jack the Ripper & I have become good friends on this one. MimiHoward - the blocks stick to the flannel sheet, because I sprayed 505 all over it. I am thinking of making home made basting spray to see if it would hold. Then I went to have my nails done, no bold colour, just natural. I am amazed at how I can use them for finger pressing like Donna Jordan. Who knew, a quilting tool! We had leftover chicken and dumplings for supper. One of my comfort foods.

Today, I will visit mom and take measurements to make her a caddy to attach to bed railing for her phone & remote. Then the cats have their annual check up at vet. PJ has a lot of sores under armpit, which needs to get checked out. Then DH has a fleet meeting tonight. I haven't decided if I'm going to go & sit in the lounge.

Sending best wishes for health. Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

14. Thanks Monique, baslp, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Cold and brisk here today....we're in line for a snowy weekend. So I hit the store yesterday to lay in lots of soup making ingredients. Nothing I love more than a pot of soup bubbling on the stove while the flakes are falling.

Joy - I hate those danged leg cramps, especially when they wake me up at night.....but it seems the older I get the more I get them.

Mimi - I hope your Dad's move went smoothly. Keeping him in my prayers. You should get him an eye patch for when the gkids visit - after all he is a pirate - LOL

I've been sewing up a storm of late. Got commissioned to make 3 Everyday Totes (Crafty Gemini) for a friend's ggirls. This is the third and last one for her photographer ggirl.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera-bag-2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	157014

I posted the other two earllier in the week....one a girly tote and the other an artist tote...if you get a chance hop over and have a look see.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Getting a hair cut today and then off to the hospital to visit with MIL
    yesterday I did a bit of piecing and made a center star. Maybe that will keep me motivated to work on something while I wait for the walking foot. I'm not one to have two projects going at one time.
    Made a different Mac and cheese recipe last night that was oh so creamy. Made 4 servings and they are gone! Cat insisted he needed some too.
    Sun is out but the wind...oh my. The weatherman says we are definitely getting snow this weekend he just can't say how much. They've been talking about this since Monday. Wouldn't even let us enjoy those 3 good days we had. They just dwell on the negative. Its sad.

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Star lover View Post
    Good morning to everyone!

Good feeling Monique, getting through everything to get your area ship shape! You'll get er done! .....and yup.....baby it's COLD outside! Even worse with that howling wind! They said with wind chill, were below 0'!!!! Not going anywhere today!

Just about done with my sorting, purging, etc. think I should finish today. Sure looks purdy! I have 2 large plastic garbage bags to donate. Not sure where it all came from......or how come I don't have more spare space......maybe I'm not to add to the stash anymore? It's not like I don't use it, or purge every now and then.....ah well. I'm an addict......and want no cure!

The house needs cleaning, so guess I should get to it......or not......

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. May it be blessed and filled with joy and health. Hugs for all!
    Good morning everyone.

Anita, I was just wondering if you are going to share pictures of your newly organized sewing space. Did you take before and after shots? Congrats on getting all that work done so quickly!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post