Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thursday hellos

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday hellos

Good afternoon. I finally have a min to sit down. Blustery and cold here. Not a good hair day. I need to do some organizing and purging. I did get an appt for our pug to see an oncologist next Wed. That was a great relief .
    I dropped off my wall hanging at my longarmers. Now I need to bind the Xmas quilt I picked up.

Have a great rest of the day,
    Beth

2. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Alright Miss Anita,

Since you're almost done, it's only right that you take your purging/sorting on a road trip, lol! I would feed you & give you chocolate & then I could come to your house & help with the cleaning. No, don't like it but I figure 2 doing it are more likely to get it done but we'd have to do mine first, LOL!

Gina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon ~ Ahhh, I finally can sit down for a spell. Busy all morning in the kitchen making my big batch of chicken soup for DH. It made 16 qts., the most ever. Last eve. I prepped 6 lb. of carrots & a full bunch of celery. The food processor speeds up the process. It made a LOT. I cooked 3 c. of rice (dry, uncooked), & I had just enough. Had the dishes done just in time for DH to eat his lunch, which always is on the dot of 11:30. One can just about set his watch by what he's doing during the day. Same things every day at the same time.

Today I finished my latest Lori Benton book Many Sparrows. I love her books. I wish another one were available. She's probably working on her next book. I'm now re-reading one of Sandra Dallas's books, Tallgrass. She's a Colorado author. This is based on the internment of the Japanese during WWII in SE. Colo. The Japanese Americans were treated very badly during the war. They were forced to relocate from the west coast to other areas of the country.

The headlines today reported John Elway named a new head coach for the Broncos. I don't watch the football games unless they go to the Super Bowl. The team had 2 losing seasons, so the prev. coach was fired.

It's mostly sunny today & 58 deg. I'm hoping we don't get more than the sm. amount of snow they're predicting.

Well, I'm ready for a c. of coffee & my recliner to do some reading.

5. Thanks Star lover, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't know how I'll ever post in the morning.... but I am looking forward to the weekend!!

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover, Monique thanked for this post