Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday hellos!

Good morning friends. Wednesday already? Not sure what the weather will be like for today. The weather cooperated with me yesterday and I was able to make it to Guild. We had a guest speaker, Happy Wife Quilting and a sale table. Yes I did buy a few things. I got to Walmart to look for my laptop but it isn't in yet. I did get some Christmas gifts for next year and really really reduced prices.

Hubby isn't feeling so great these days, tooth ache. But, will he go see about it? NOOOOO at least not yet. Well he better get it fixed and soon before we leave for vacation because I will leave without him if I have to, LOL!!

And so today I will continue in the sewing room.

Have a great day everyone.

Continued prayers for those in need.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday hellos!

Good morning Monique and all.

Yup, he'll go when it hurts enough. Of course, I'm the same way. I hate docs of any kind.
    Happy your day went well and you were able to get more fabric to curate.

Trying to do some white stuff this am. I hope it fails. My the wind, it's just howling! I hope that old tree is happy where it's at....sure don't want to get up close and personal with it! Will be soooooo happy when it's gone.

Got more organizing done, .......wish the house, dishes would clean themselves and dinner would cook itself! I need to clone myself.....mmmmmm, the best Christmas gift EVER! But I guess I'd be arguing with myself and make us both miserable. Sigh.....

Lots of prayers for many here. Love and hugs to all. Have a wonderful, peaceful, fun-filled (whatever that is for you) day!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

It was busy yesterday, once Zeke calmed down and started enjoying the day. He kept up with the workers as long as they were within eye shot. A lot of time yesterday was spent seeing where the guys were. One of the best spying places was sitting on my sewing desk. Sadly, with the blinds open, it was really bright in there. The fencing and gates are beautiful! Found out our neighbors are being transferred to Maryland. Cassandra has to report in March, Renardo and daughter will move up after school is out. Crossing my fingers for nice new neighbors.

I after the kiddos left for Nana and Nandy's I worked on cleaning until I got bored with that, then worked on hexies. The guys will be back this morning to finish the decking. The framework is up, so it shouldn't take them much longer.

Jonathan comes sometime today. Morgan is off, so it won't be at 7, but the construction crew will be here shortly after 7. lol, she'll have a hard time finding a place to park!

Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was busy. Had my dental visit. I know I'm weird, but I love going to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned, anything else, not so much. This was a new place closer to home, so I did have a tiny bit of anxiety, but I did like both the hygienist and the dentist. Then off to quilt group at church to turn in the baby quilt I finished and let them know I won't be coming on a regular basis since I went back to work. The next app was to have hearing aids tweaked. After that finally had a few hours of mothrr/daughter time. I was pooped when I got home.

The packing cube was delivered yesterday for DS's move to Oregon. I'm going to miss hiim, but I know he'll enjoy being with his friends.
    Ok, time to get in car and head off to work. Hope you all have a great day.

8. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Yesterday was a difficult day for me. I spent 5 hrs at the vet hospital. While looking at Georgie’s liver, they detected a mass in her bladder. With further testing to be done , the vet still thinks this bladder cancer. So we will meet with the oncology team once the confirmation is made. I was drained physically and mentally. My DH was able to collect a urine sample first thing this morn while following her in the dark.

Today has to be a brighter day for us.

Beth

10. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. We finally got our Christmas tree taken down yesterday. I just had a hard time getting moving yesterday. Then my computer gave me a bit of a fit by the speakers not working. So I just shut it down and walked away. Ugh So I headed up to my sewing room and spent some time there. I made a small wallet for my sis and worked on the Secret Santa January gift. Then I came back downstairs and took the ornaments off the tree. The lights would wait until hubby came home. Back to the computer, turn it on, open the video dil sent of Zeke and yippee!!! I have sound. Don't know why it didn't work earlier but I'm just happy it is fixed now.

After dh came home, we took the lights off the tree, brought the bins back out to the garage and then cut the branches off the tree and put them out as protection over our veggie beds. Today I will put away my little tree that my grandfather gave me when I was 2 (first decoration out every year and last to be put away). Now it will be time to focus on getting the house ready for son, dil and Zeke's visit at the end of the month.

Monique, glad you got to go to guild and sorry to hear about your hubby's toothache. I hope he gets help soon. Beth, so sorry to hear about Georgie. {{{{{Hugs}}}}} to you as you deal with this.

Time to go see what I will get accomplished today. Have a good day everyone. Prayers and hugs to all those who need them.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

12. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ Yest. was our guild's all-day sew day. I'm never able to participate in these events due to my caregiving responsibilities. However, I did make a run up to the Moose Lodge (where they meet) to donate some fabric. Our guild makes pink quilts each year for those dealing with breast cancer, or to breast cancer survivors. Guild members nominate recipients. I had several pink fabrics in my stash which I wasn't using. Also donated some plain white fabric.

I put in 25 min. of FMQ; it will get done little by little. Also pieced 2 quilt blocks; I'm working on the Japanese Plus & Cross as time permits. It makes a 13" unfinished block.

This a.m. is Bible Study Fellowship; it's my week to play the piano. I'll play for the 3 wks. prior to my surgery, then the other gal will play till I'm recovered. I've noticed considerable dexterity issues due to the partial numbness in my L. hand. I'm ticking off the list everything I need to do before my surgery. This eve. will be veg. prep. again for making chicken soup tomorrow.

No more time now. Have a good day.

14. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone.
    It was a bit milder yesterday, so we were careful when going out. This is the melt-freeze-ice slip and fall kind of weather.

Mom was transferred back to her room yesterday, and I got a call almost immediately from her asking if I was going to see her. I said no, as I had things to do. She has come to expect to see me every day. I can't keep that pace and survive, but I will call her. I will let relatives know she can receive calls now.

I finished FMQ the cushion covers and put together while the cleaning lady was here. I think she was surprised how clean the house was. I told her that I had a service come in once, but really they came twice. They were efficient, less talkative and cheaper. But I will continue with her.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	156995

Then I drove DH downtown to his evening class and drove to quilt store to pick up more Husq bobbins. Then guild night. It was an interesting speaker, which I had met several times in our travels or wuilt shows. His quilts have been at national shows, Houston, Chicago, Paducak and others in Canada. His journey through ADHD, depression and coming out influences his quilt style. Very modern, which I like, but not so much as his squarss are tiny. Then I picked up DH after guild. Timing was right but I drove slow as there it was raining with temp hovering at zero. Somehow, my eating patterns have been off, so I was craving food, so I drove down our main street at 11pm. Everything was closed except McD. Oh well, we had Angus beef burger and fries. I don't normally eat late at night, but I felt I was starving. I slept well once I got to bed after 1am.

Today is our free day, but will get filled quickly. I need to get birthday card for my GF and book our hotel for the weekend getaway. Either today or Thursday, DH suggested we go look for 2 lazy-boy chairs for the sunroom. This is where we spent most of our time, and the chairs are in a horrible state of yuckiness. If he's not too exhausted, we may go to Costco.

Mo qiue - if Les has toothache, I can volunteer to accompany you. Haha.
    Katrina - I am certain you will enjoy your deck once it warms up.
    Beth - so sorry to hear about Georgie's health issues. The stress is exhausting.
    Joy - you are so good to plan your post-recovery needs and still taking care of your DH's needs. Is it an option to get some help with those other things you do, just to provide some relief before and after your surgery? I know you can do it, but maybe let someone else help is not a bad thing.

Have a good day everyone. Stay safe. Stay dry. Stay warm.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

16. Thanks Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Bless you Joy for being so organized.
    Sorry about your pet Beth
    Glad the computer was smart enough to fix itself Ginny.
    My MIL is back in the hospital...third time since Christmas! Afib issues. They think its because she isn't eating. They want to put in a pacemaker but it isn't scheduled till the end of Jan. You would think with this many issues they would just go ahead and do it. I guess I will need to trek into town to see her today. I'm grateful to her friend that took her to the er yesterday.
    The wind is howling. Its suppose to be bringing in a whopper of a storm on Friday. Wind will rage at 30-60 miles an hour for the next two days they say.
    DH got the truck stuck bringing logs up from the field to take to the sawmill. So he got the excavator and had to bring it up and around and then back down the road to tow up the truck. Yesterday I walked down there and BOY HOWDY! he brought the excavator up right thru my flower beds and just tore them up. Huge gouges. I tried to fix it with a rake but its a no go. I don't have the strength to move that wet packed dirt. I have roots everywhere from the hosta's that are all turned over. I mentioned it to him and he said...I'll take the excavator down there and fix it...hum...
    Ordered a walking foot from Walmart on line yesterday. They already shipped it. Site said it would be here by Tuesday. They are pretty fast. And, for the generic foot they were $20 less than everyone else except the ebay sellers from Hong Kong.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning -sort of. I'm fighting a sinus infection that was wanting to involve my ears. A trip to the dr yesterday netted me a pair of shots and a prescription to get rid of the stuff.
    The kids at school are finding it amusing that my voice is doing all sorts of weird things. They are not as happy that I'm using my whistle to get their attention in the lunch room!
    I have some work to do in the sewing room. I need to put together the projects I'm taking with me to the beach with the ladies. It's about time for our annual Ladies Who Beach trip! Whoo Hoo! I'm hoping to have all the parts for my Secret Santa project ready to go.

I'm off to find a new box of Kleenex and get ready for work. I hope you all have a fabulous day!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post