• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeniseSm
    Missouri Star
    • Nov 2013

Re: The most economical way to use Bluprint / Craftsy

Originally posted by midnightline View Post
    Thanks for the info. I suppose I should have seen this coming. Craftsy has been doing questionable things for a while now - for example many of their fabric lines are deliberate attempts to mimic fabric designers' styles (e.g. Jinny Beyer, Me and My Sister, and you can't tell me their latest line isn't intended to be a discount Tula Pink collection).
    That is so wrong. The Looking Glass fabric line is definitely a steal from Tula Pink. For shame.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• PamelaOry
      Applique Angel
      • Jan 2019

I’m not very familiar with crafts/blueprint so had to look this up. It’s obviously a knock off! Any temptation I had to check them out just went out the window.
      Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
      That is so wrong. The Looking Glass fabric line is definitely a steal from Tula Pink. For shame.
      Pam

Comment

• wildernessquilter
        Quilting Guru
        • Sep 2015

So I have not been on Craftsy for sometime now and I guess I won't be anytime soon if they are gone, what happened to all of the classes that I paid for ( for lifetime access ( they are gone) .
        Sue

Comment

• KPH
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by wildernessquilter View Post
          So I have not been on Craftsy for sometime now and I guess I won't be anytime soon if they are gone, what happened to all of the classes that I paid for ( for lifetime access ( they are gone) .
          Sue
          They should still be there. Have you gone on Craftsy/ Bluprint using your Craftsy username and password from Craftsy?
          Katrina
          From NC, retired in FL
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• GuitarGramma
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Doloris View Post
            so what happened to the patterns I had saved on craftsy
            Hi Doloris. Here's what to do:
            -Sign in to Bluprint using your Craftsy user name and password—they still work!
            -Click on Library
            -Click on Own Forever Library
            -Click on Patterns.
            All the patterns you paid for will be there.

You can tell which of the designers got dropped by Bluprint and which ones Bluprint allowed to stay. If the pattern is grayed out with a download arrow, that designer got dropped. If you see a colorful, professional looking logo, that designer was allowed to stay.

All my patterns were still there, about half were grayed out. The only ones that had been changed were the ones by RipStitcher, i.e. the Bionic Gear Bag and its accompanying patterns. When Sally Thompson (RipStitcher) was given the paltry one week notice from Bluprint that they were dropping her as a designer, she felt she had to do something. She cut out the lengthy tutorials, added her new contact information, and kept the actual patterns in the files. There are many who will consider this an improvement, because her 89 pages of tutorials were overwhelming.
            Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• just4me
              Designer Diva
              • Jan 2016

Subscription? I've never paid a subscription to Craftsy but I have an account and have purchased patterns over the years. Can someone explain this to me?

Comment

• DeniseSm
                Missouri Star
                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by just4me View Post
                Subscription? I've never paid a subscription to Craftsy but I have an account and have purchased patterns over the years. Can someone explain this to me?
                Craftsy was purchased by NBC who changed the name to Bluprint. All your Craftsy stuff that you paid for is still there. Only the name has changed. If you try to log in to your Craftsy account you will be redirected to Bluprint. Your log in and password are unchanged. it is not necessary to purchase a subscription to access your prior Craftsy purchases.

Just to be safe I downloaded all my pattern purchases to my hard drive.

Did this answer your questions?
                Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• just4me
                  Designer Diva
                  • Jan 2016

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
                  Craftsy was purchased by NBC who changed the name to Bluprint. All your Craftsy stuff that you paid for is still there. Only the name has changed. If you try to log in to your Craftsy account you will be redirected to Bluprint. Your log in and password are unchanged. it is not necessary to purchase a subscription to access your prior Craftsy purchases.

Just to be safe I downloaded all my pattern purchases to my hard drive.

Did this answer your questions?
                  Thankyou Denise. So....if someone was able to purchase patterns etc without having a subscription (ie me), what is the purpose of the subscription? Did it entitle you to something more?

Comment

• Kgrammiecaz
                    Missouri Star
                    • May 2013

Originally posted by just4me View Post
                    Thankyou Denise. So....if someone was able to purchase patterns etc without having a subscription (ie me), what is the purpose of the subscription? Did it entitle you to something more?
                    A subscription gives you access to all classes all the time. You also get lots of extra sale offers, many are higher percents off. You get free shipping on all orders. Subscription is really not expensive, to me the free shipping and access to all classes all the time makes it worthwhile.
                    Karen
                    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

• jjkaiser
                      Missouri Star
                      • Oct 2013

Nope ladies and gentlemen, you have it all wrong. The most economical way to use Craftsy is to cancel your subscription!! (Just thought I'd throw that in. My dh is always shaking his head at my dumb jokes.) Obv I am not a Craftsy person, I mean I don't use it.
                      Jocelyn
                      South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• cindirae
                        Binding Belle
                        • Oct 2013

How do you see your patterns and classes on the Bluprint app? I’ve not been able to find them.
                        Tenacity: The quality or fact of being very determined; determination.

Comment

• DeniseSm
                          Missouri Star
                          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by cindirae View Post
                          How do you see your patterns and classes on the Bluprint app? I’ve not been able to find them.
                          I use the website not the app but try this

Sign in to Bluprint using your Craftsy user name and password—they still work!
                          -Click on Library
                          -Click on Own Forever Library

your patterns and classes should be there

Comment

• GuitarGramma
                            Missouri Star
                            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                            Nope ladies and gentlemen, you have it all wrong. The most economical way to use Craftsy is to cancel your subscription!! (Just thought I'd throw that in. My dh is always shaking his head at my dumb jokes.) Obv I am not a Craftsy person, I mean I don't use it.
                            Too funny! And I hadn't thought of that because, well, I love Craftsy's classes.
                            Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Working...
                            X