Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice - Roxanne's Baste it glue

Sunday I started turning the edges of DH's elephants for GS baby quilt. My glue sticks were all dried out and LQS closed. So I used Roxanne's glue. I did press to keep in shape. I used the Apliquick method.

I noticed that after it dried, it left marks on the good side. I am hesitant to have him satin stitch these to the fabric if it doesn't go away after washing. I have 3 more to make. I have enough fabric to remake but prefer not to.

Anyone else have this happen? Suggestions are appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	156976

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Advice - Roxanne's Baste it glue

I have used Roxanne's glue for wool applique and have never had a problem with it squeezing out like that. I do know that you only need a few tiny dots of it and not a long strip. Perhaps that is why or the pressing? I don't press after the glue is put on. Do you usually use the appliquick glue? How do you like it? I looked up the method with the metal rods and all and it does appear easier than fiddling it with your fingers. The product description for Roxanne's says it will wash away with water.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I would use a scrap of your fabric and apply the glue and iron, as you did the first time. Then wash it to see if the marks will wash off. Whenever I have an unexpected outcome, I try to replicate the problem and find a solution before continuing.

5. Thanks Old Newbie, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amartin24 View Post
    I have used Roxanne's glue for wool applique and have never had a problem with it squeezing out like that. I do know that you only need a few tiny dots of it and not a long strip. Perhaps that is why or the pressing? I don't press after the glue is put on. Do you usually use the appliquick glue? How do you like it? I looked up the method with the metal rods and all and it does appear easier than fiddling it with your fingers. The product description for Roxanne's says it will wash away with water.
    Alina - you could be right. I did try to spread Roxanne's glue like a glue stick. Pressing obviously didn't help. I took a class by Kathy C Wylie, the creator of Apliquik tool. While she was suggesting her glue, any other glue stick does work. While it does take some getting used to, no finger can make round dots between 1/8 to 1/4" perfect like this method.

I will try to replicate on a sample and wash.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Roxanne’s is water soluble. Relax. Just wash the quilt when you’re done and it will come out easily.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post