Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday hellos!!

Good morning friends. We are having terrible winter weather today. Snow, freezing rain, rain, snow. Not sure what the roads will be like today. I have Guild today, hoping I can get out later. We shall see.

I spent the day working at my sewing room. The table I brought home from Bonnie's didn't look so big in her room. I made it fit, having to get rid of another table I had. My floor isn't level so I had to prop up the front of the table, not not sure if I am sitting high enough, *sigh*. Made sawdust in the kitchen, cutting some wood with a hand saw, thought about using the electric saw but decided hand saw was safer. I think the room is more efficient the way I have it set up, think is the operative word here, haha. My space is only a small bedroom with a slanted ceiling.

I have a bag of *stuff* to get rid of, including 15+ pairs of scissors in various sizes. I hope to get this stuff out today if I can make it town. If I don't get out today then I shall continue with the sewing room.

Thoughts and prayers to those in need.

Have a great day.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday hellos!!

Good morning. We had a little precipitation last night. Clouds and 37 this morning. I do not have to tutor today so I have a free morning. I need to get the backing fabric ready for my wall hanging. I am taking it to the lady who quilts my quilts.
    This afternoon I take our pug back to the vet hospital to see the vet about Georgie’s lung issue. We are usually there for 2-3 hrs. I will have plenty of time to decide what to make for dinner.

Have a good day.

Beth

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,

A rainy start this morning hoping it clears up later as I feel like making a trip to the quilt shop. I've been down with a head cold and home for a week so this is "good health therapy" for me. My husband gave me a generous gift certificate to the shop for Christmas, as if I need more fabric but I'll do my best to spend some of it! However there is no sewing until I can get that disaster I call a sewing room cleaned up. It's gotten rather overwhelming so it may be a while before I get the nerve to do it.

Today I'll take the Christmas tree down, this is the longest I've ever kept it up usually it comes down New Year's day but this year I put all white free standing lace snowflakes, angels, ballerinas, and butterflies on it and I love looking at it. Most all were done on my embroidery machines with the exception of the ones Barb (Bubby) sends me each year either for my birthday or Christmas.

Sending good thoughts and hugs out to those who are not feeling well or just need a few extra. Time to hit the Keurig up for some coffee.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

6. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning to all!

How fun Monique.....a "new" sewing room! Not so sure I'd enjoy making sawdust.......but I agree, safer.
    Beth, Hope Georgie gets a good report....mmmm dinner.....it never ends.....sigh....
    Cathy, I had my tree down the fastest ever, for me. The next day! I was just sooo ready for it all to be done. But with such special ornaments, I can see why!

The purginging, folding, organizing, storing continues on my sewing stash and stuff. Making headway, but my, so much. But I've been merciless and feel really good about it. Jump in first thing this am and accomplished a lot!

We have a winter mix yesterday. Sleet, "white stuff", rain, high winds, more rain......such strange weather for January.

Hope y'all have a great day. Prayers for those who are ill, grieving and struggling. Hugs for all!

8. Thanks pcbatiks, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ We had lots of wind yest. Some of the mtn. passes had gusts up to 65+ mph -- lots of blowing snow. We stayed in the 50's yest.; the wind chill was uncomfortable. Sunny skies.

Got my turkey patties mixed up yest. a.m. In the afternoon I did more FMQ. I could do only 25 min. before my L. hand went numb, but I'm making progress. So I put on my wrist splint & cut up fabric to lay out 1 block of the Japanese Plus & Cross. I'm working on that here & there.

I like most of the fabrics in today's DD, but I just don't need any more fabric. No more time now.

10. Thanks Star lover, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

According to the weather guy, this is our last good day for a while. 60 today and then in the 20's with rain/snow/mix. So, I will feel guilty if I don't go out in the yard and at least do a long walk.
    I'm going to go post a question about quilting and hope you all will answer me soon so I can finish up that quilt I've been working on for months. I drempt last night that my plan won't work so maybe you can tell me.
    Yesterday a neighbor friend of DH's came over to talk guns and I found out his wife quilts. I think she is a topper. Anyway, I sent her a box of some of those fabric sample books (I have gazillions) and thought it would be a good opening to meet her. They've only been married a short time and she is "much" younger than him. I'm thinking maybe 20 yrs younger. Maybe she'll invite me over. He says she is on a lot of forums but doesn't know how to do the quilting. I told him I'd be glad to help.
    Well, off to post my question. Prayers to all.

12. Thanks Star lover, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good day everyone,

We have the same yucky weather as Monique. DH is snowblowing the driveway. Snow looks light and fluffy. It seems to be tradition during the winter months of Guild meetings to have a storm. So tonight I will drive off DH downtown for his first of 10 week course of ground flight school. There is no parking nearby and he wants to get familiar with the area before he decides to drive himself or bus it. I have guild meeting, so I can do that before and pick up after. My cleaning lady is coming by this aft, and it's much needed as the cats are loosing more hair, as they are in a period of chasing each other.

I posted last night about mom's trip to hospital appointment. Exhausting is the word of the day. When I got back, I slept 3.5 hrs and still slept my regular time last night. I did skip my VQC group meeting. My GF Pat confirmed she is off next Monday. She turns 65 on Sunday, and so we are going away Sat & Sun for a girlfriend weekend of RT (retail therapy). I may not see a fabric store as she doesn't quilt, but who knows. Monique - staying in Perth. May go to Almonte on Sunday as not all stores are open. I don't think you will miss the snow in Cuba. That will be fun.

I am sorry so many on the forum are facing sorrows and health challenges. Sending hugs and positive thoughts for strength and peace.

RockingLou & KarenC - I catch up on your busy lives. It reminds me when I worked, and travelled frequently in my job. I honestly look back and think, wow I must have been super woman. I guess I had an endless supply of energy in my youth, and a good support system. I know you must be super organized and you seem to have it together. Kudos to working moms.

I am going to a retreat at the end of February with a girlfriend. It is organized by one of our guild members at a private lodge. I just hope that she gets sufficient numbers to make a go of it. We are tagged to make one meal.

Enjoy your day. Safe travels. Stay warm. Stay dry.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

14. Thanks Star lover, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. Dreary morning so I have been moving very slowly. Still need to get the Christmas tree down. We keep it up until Little Christmas. We have enjoyed it so much but it is starting to really drop its' needles so it is time. Still smells wonderful. We trim off the branches and use them for mulch on our vegetable and flower beds and we keep the trunk and cut it up next fall (or sometimes the fall after, lol) and use it in our fireplace.

Monique, I understand about the slanted ceiling. The room I originally had for my sewing room had a really large slant and it made it difficult to use a good portion of the room. I switched to the room next door and it has a much smaller slant on the ceiling and is much more usable for my sewing room. I added a new table in mine too so now I have three of my machines set up in there.

Cathy, I hope you get over the cold soon. I think a trip to the lqs will certainly help you feel better. I haven't been to any since before Christmas and I haven't even ordered any fabric from M* for quite some time. I've been good so far this year but don't know how long it will last. That fabric just calls to me.

Time to get a move on. I don't seem to have much ambition today. I used it all up yesterday. Looks like we are all having some icky weather. Be safe out there if you are going out and have a great day.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

16. Thanks Star lover, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well it's after noon and the guys working here on the front fencing and deck railings have been here since 7:15. Jim brought in the kids shortly after the first one arrived. Zeke did not want to be here at all. He wanted to be at Nandy and Nana's. It took over 20 minutes to get him interested in something other than crying or screaming about it. Once he realized there was a guy on the back deck he didn't care about anything else. He watched that guy tear down the stairs and pull of all of the railing. Then he was ready to have breakfast. He was glad when Nandy pulled up to take him back to their house.

Tomorrow will be Jonathan's homeschool day. Morgan's off, so he won't be arriving at 7 AM. Thank goodness!

I've swept under the dining room table since the messy eaters won't be here again until Friday. I'll steam clean the kitchen and then head to my bathroom to clean it. After that, I'm seriously thinking about pulling out one of my Christmas fabric boxes to cut some strips.

Well nothing is going to get done while I'm sitting here. I hope you all have a great day.

Prayers for those in need and prayers of Thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

18. Thanks Claire Hallman, Star lover, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we had a couple of days with a strange sighting in the sky. It was rumored to be the sun making a brief showing. Sigh, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Mr. Sun came back again soon. This gloomy weather is not conducive to me being very productive. I've had a pulled muscle in my shoulder that's making me feel like a candy cane & not a good one. But now, at least, I can take a deep breath without having to worry about more pain.

Prayers for all going thru tough times whether it be personal issues, personal health or family members. Hopefully, all will be okay soon. Take care of yourselves & each other.

Gina

20. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post