Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good morning Monday

Back again.

Thanks for PSA on dryer vent clean-ups. Anita, that's a job well done. I save my lint from each load. Then I spread bunches of it in the spring when birds come back and looking to make nests. Michele - how scary for dryer fire. Sharon- we have to check all our vents regularly. Even with screen guards, the winds are fierce and critters are very ingenious.

Mom's appointment went well once we got there. It took over an hour & half to get there, as they picked up 2 other people also going for hospital appts. Mom was getting nauseous, and I was hoping she wouldn't be sick. It was wait for X-ray, and then they realized that we had to go to another area of the hospital as they didn't have a lift. Then back for appt which was pushed back. Finally saw the surgeon. He said she is healing well, and could start doing some physio. She will not walk again, but she may be able to support herself with assistance. Our trip home tool 15 mins. I spoke to nursing staff. They might move her out of convalescence wing.

I didn't go to VQC group this aft as I was exhausted. I layed down and slept for 3 1/2 hrs. My back gave me sharp twinges. I hope I didn't throw it off. Pushing mom around one of the largest hospitals in the city, I may have overdone it. With her weight & chair, it's well over 225 lbs.

Going to rest tonight as tomorrow is another busy day. I am looking forward to the weekend. My GF & I are going away for some RT.

Sending hugs.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all
    t'was a night of staying awake no matter the calm measures, could not switch off!! when got up for a bit of human interaction was watching a craft channel, a lady mentions while making a greetings card, the presenter smells, at which point the presenter reacted and, explains has a bad back, the cream smells minty. and goes on to say what it is,

certainly raised my eye brows.
    sending virtual hugs, cuppas and prayer for those in need.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Evening, try as I might I don't know that I'll ever get to post before 9 pm....

I get up at 5:30, shower, make lunches for the kids, wake them at 6:15, we all have breakfast together, brush teeth and finish packing bags, then we depart the house at 7am. Work all day... unavoidable traffic on the return trip from school...

This afternoon it was GORGEOUS weather out so I went an alternate route home and took the kids to a playground. I walked in circles the whole time (people probably thought I was crazy) but I got a few thousand steps in! When we got home I sent the kids straight to the showers and we had various leftovers for dinner. I know leftovers are a wonderful theory but I heated up and served so many different items, the only thing all 3 of us had at the same time was broccoli!! I had chilli, pizza, hot dogs, chicken fingers, peaches, pears, and broccoli out all at once, tomorrow we will be simple: boiled carrots and steak. It's my favorite meal to cook because everyone cleans their plates!

The kids did their homework and I've been catching up on laundry in an attempt to break even before swim lessons kick in on Wednesday (which only generates more laundry!) and I finally got them tucked into bed at 8:30... did some more chores and sat down around 9.

This is pretty much my daily routine so I'm not sure how I used to have time to be online.... Oh, I had no commute, a cleaning lady and my husband cooked dinner. That's how!! Ha! I wouldn't go back to Kazakhstan again anyway, and I honestly prefer the independence. I'm going to hit the sewing desk for about an hour then go to sleep. I think I need a nightly hour of sewing to keep me sane.....

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like everyone has been busy. I guess I'm on Rocking Lou's schedule today. Worked 7-7 today and am finally having a chance to check in. Work is just super busy with finalizing yearend payroll adjustments for last year and getting everything in for the first payroll of 2019. I have confidence though that it will get better. Finished quilting a baby quilt for quilt group. I still need to go in there and sew on the binding before tomorrow morning. I will go to turn in the quilt since I'm not sure when I'll be able to join them again. Have tomorrow off for some Dr. appointments, so at least I'll be able to go in and drop this off. I also have a few other errands I'll be able to run tomorrow. Prayerful thoughts for everyone in need.

Oh yeah, thanks for the comments about the dryer vent. I don't think I've ever done that before. Guess I've been lucky. Need to google that and take care of it. Thanks

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover, Monique thanked for this post