Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2019 Secret Santa Group is now open!

Just wanted to let everyone in the Forum know that I've opened next years 2019 Secret Santa in the Groups section of MSQ. We will be accepting new members up until March 15 and then membership will be closed for the year.

We had a wonderful time this year making 12 gifts each as we played the part of Quilting Elves to each other. Whether you like to challenge yourself with new techniques or just get down and dirty making gifts for your special person I think many will enjoy the camaraderie of this Group. If you would like to see gifts we received from each other this year check out our Gallery from 2018. (We are still putting up pictures but many are already up) https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=290

Want to join? Check out our Group introduction, Rules, greeting to new members and yes...we've even announced our theme for January!

Carlie Wolf, Moderator

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

2. Thanks auntiemern, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2019 Secret Santa Group is now open!

I'll be joining! On the way to check out January's theme right now!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks auntiemern, Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Carlie, I cannot see the pictures posted in the group and would love to. It says I must be a member of the group to view them. Can the permissions be changed or something?
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The gifts that have been posted so far are pretty amazing!
    Carlie asked us for closer pictures so you all could see the craftsmanship these folks have put into these projects.
    Even if you aren't sure you want to join, you should check out the neat gift ideas!

I would encourage you to join. It's been a good way to try some new projects and work with some themes and fabrics I might not have otherwise.
    There is also the excitement of sending your work off to make someone's day a little brighter too!

Thank you Carlie for organizing this for 2019!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

7. Thanks chelea, auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Alina, hummm, I'm having a problem with that. I thought if I made the group public then everyone can see what's in the Gallery. I guess it didn't work out that way :-/

I'd suggest you just subscribe to the 2018 joining and then you'll be able to see. Since that group is completed for 2018 it shouldn't matter if you join since there is nothing left to do, you won't be getting a questionaire or anything. I noticed some other people did that. Let me know how that goes.

Barring that if any of the moderators from other groups know how to make it so anyone can view a Gallery can you get in touch with me to tell me how to do that????

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Carlie. I joined and was able to see all the lovely gifts! Such creativity and thought went into these. You all did a wonderful job!
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How many Secret Santas were there in the group?
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

As many as the number of people who sign up joining the group. When we close the group in March I assign each person a Secret Santa from the membership. Last year I think we ended up with 23. We decided last year to close the group a little earlier so people could get their names faster. Once they get their names they can look up more information about that person from the forum user notes, about me section for in the discussion groups A little Bit About Myself. That way they can tailor some of the gifts for the person they have.

btw, if you click on those pictures in the Gallery you get to see a larger picture. Also when you see the Gallery at the top of the Group also click on view all otherwise you only see the first 6 or so.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    - embroitique

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toggpine View Post
    The gifts that have been posted so far are pretty amazing!
    Carlie asked us for closer pictures so you all could see the craftsmanship these folks have put into these projects.
    Even if you aren't sure you want to join, you should check out the neat gift ideas!

I would encourage you to join. It's been a good way to try some new projects and work with some themes and fabrics I might not have otherwise.
    There is also the excitement of sending your work off to make someone's day a little brighter too!

Thank you Carlie for organizing this for 2019!
    I agree with closer pictures. I was trying to squeeze all the gifts into a few pictures and they got blurry. I thought to do a picture of each but then I thought it would be to many and members would complain. The work Carlie did my pictures did not do them justice.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I would highly recommend participating in this group, no matter where you are on your quilting journey. I had a lot of fun and learned some new techniques. It's a supportive, friendly group and I'm looking forward to my second year. My Secret Santa did an amazing job. I posted pics of all my gorgeous gifts.