• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SallyO'Sews
    Missouri Star
    • Nov 2012

Re: Scraps scraps and more scraps

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
    p.s. I still have close to full box of scraps (not to mention left over strips, charms, 10" squares, and FQs - it never ends does it?)
    I love your "Chaos," Caroline!

I swear those scraps have babies at night while we're not looking. Happily I have two DGDs who are always asking for scraps - so I've decided to just bring them bags full whenever I see them, which is at least once a month!

I did see a cute idea (can't remember where, of course ) for using scraps of fabric and batting strips: you just sew random scraps onto leftover strips of batting - first scrap right side up, then remaining scraps right side against the previous ones. Once you have a bunch of strips, cut them to the same length (they will all be different widths, depending on your batting), use a solid piece as sashing between them to make placemats or what-have-you. Add backing and bind with the same fabric as the sashing. One of these days, I'll do it!

Comment

• gmpintos
      Rotary Pro
      • Jan 2019

The quilt is beautiful. You have amazing color sense and balance.

Comment

• Sylvia H
        Missouri Star
        • May 2014

Great work on the quilt, and I love the name. I have a similar quilt top. I have decided that I have to make it larger before I layer and quilt it.

I love scrap quilts. Including the one I want to enlarge, I have three tops made just from scraps (and also have a lot more scraps). I really consider them bonus quilts - a very frugal way to stretch the money spent on fabric.
        If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

• bubba
          Missouri Star
          • Mar 2013

I have a quilt I got from my grandma (Dad’s mom) when I graduated from high school that is done like this. Mine is heavier than get out!!! The front is made entirely of double knit polyester and the back is flannel. Mine is not quilted, but it’s tied. We keep it up at the lake. I still recognize some of the fabric in it from clothing I had as a child.
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Mpyles
            Missouri Star
            • Feb 2013

Very nice!! I love it!!
            Mary
            SW Missouri