Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturday hellos

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday hellos

Good morning! Prayers for Mimi, Bubby and Katrina's Chris...so many forum members have a lot going on right now.

Mom's new caregiver started Thursday, I hear she's a little bossy, not sure if that's a good thing or not. Mom had a tantrum when she found out the caregiver was going to come back today, so my sister told her not to come. The caregiver wants to engage more with Mom, instead of just talking with her. Sounds good to me, but I'm not sure how it will go over with Mom. I will wait a couple weeks and see if we need to try someone else.

Suzanne: Netflix has a new series with the creator of the KoMari method. I watched a couple of the episodes. She is very much about getting rid of stuff and keeping only what gives you joy. The first thing they organize is clothing, which is done by piling all of one's clothes on the bed before sorting. It's quite the eye opener to see everything in one pile!

No plans for the sewing room today. The weather is mild (mid-40's), I will spend some of the afternoon picking up all the downed branches and piling them in the backyard. The city won't send the chipper out again until spring.

I received a call from my LQS about my Monster embroidery machine...she needs a new bobbin motor and upper shaft assembly. I'm not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed that I won't need to buy a new machine.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Boy, I did not want to get up earlier. Temps were in the 40s this morning but is now warming up to the 60s. Yay! So it looks like it will be a beautiful day. I did manage to get out of bed and met my walking buddy at 6 for a 5 mile walk, so now I have my energy boost after showering and getting cleaned up.

Work has been crazy busy this week, so no sewing since New Years Day, when I finished a table runner I was working on. Did some cleaning that day. Loaded a baby quilt on the longarm last night. Hope to quilt it later today. I have an eye doc appointment in less than an hour. Tomorrow I go to meet with a friend I haven't seen in a few years. I offered to make a t shirt quilt for her DH with his running shirts. He was a big marathon runner and she his biggest cheerleader. Now he is battling a brain tumor. I thought they would both enjoy the quilt during his constant treatments. And I can probably get this done while waiting on my order from M* anyway.

Mimi Howard, You have your hands full. Remember to take care of you first. You can't help your dad or honey if you don't take care of you. Praying for you to find a peaceful workable solution to all this stress. Suzanne, hopefully your phone people come at the start of the service window and get mom's phone fixed once and for all, so you can stop worrying about her phone issues. Katrina, sorry to hear about Chris's struggles. Prayers for his family while they are dealing with this. I thank God everyday for the blessings I have, including my health and the health of other family members.
    Blessings to all of you and prayers for those in need. May you all have an awesome week ahead.

4. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all
    hugs for those who need, and prayer for those in need,

the day started very late here today, was supposed to do stuff today but some ones headache prevented, so did something very quiet (mentioned else where on forum) while he flopped on sofa, he been asleep most of the day, with a furr baby holding him down :icon_hihi he just awoke. the furr baby has has decided keeping dad warm job, has ended

have a great evening

6. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post