• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threadbndr
    Batting Beauty
    • Jan 2017

WiP Jan 4 - 10, 2019

I'm still not used to marking things "2019"! We very nearly had a time warp WiP post

First of the month/year/quarter and closing for all of the above is hitting me hard at the office. Even though this was a short week, it feels like it's gone on forever and I'm really not looking forward to a full week next week!

This coming Monday, I have my mammogram scheduled. PSA = Get your "girls" checked!!!!! Make the appointment and keep it.

On the quilting front, a couple more blocks will be finished up this weekend - one for 'Aunt Lottie's Garden' (number 14 of 30) and one for 'It was the 80s' (19 of 25). At some point there WILL be enough to start assembling, right?
  • RockinLou
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2014

Re: WiP Jan 4 - 10, 2019

I'm back to work on Monday too and I'm dreading it... tomorrow 1 have 4 more projects to finish grading and lesson planning to do so that I can *hopefully* take it easy on Sunday.

I have a little table topper and hot pad on my sewing table, I've been playing with it while DD worked on a patchwork blanket for her doll. She has charm squares to make one for herself too, but she still needs a LOT of support with working the machine and keeping things lined up and straight. I'm proud of her for trying though!!

I also have a a runner I want to work on this month, that is next on the table to cut out. Oh, and some fleece sweaters for the kids and I that I bought everything for in November... but that definitely will not be this week!

Back to the grind on Monday, so we'll see how much I manage to accomplish this week...

Comment

• KnitWitRosie
      Missouri Star
      • Apr 2014

Doing some playin in the sewing room this weekend and kicking it off by doing some quilt-as-you-go placemats for Valentine's day. Saw this pre-printed batting in a YouTube video and wanted to try it out. Looks easy enough.... Lol. All fabrics are prepped and cut, just need to start sewing :-D

~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
      "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
      "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
      "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Comment

• kimsophia
        Missouri Star
        • Oct 2014

I finished the bindings and hand washed my two new table toppers in the sink to get the Elmer's Glue out, and squeezed them out on bath towels. Now they are air drying over our handy drying rack (the exercise bike).

I've spent a fair amount of work mending my floating hexagon quilt top. I hand applique the pieces back together with invisible thread. That thread is similar in width to my long hair so if I cut a piece off and drop it on the floor, I may wind up trying to sew with my own hair

I have an embroidery sampler started but am not sure if I want to get back into that...it is quite difficult to see the holes in the 28 count linen. I have magnifier goggles but they pinch my nose to wear them long...although by then my neck is sore enough to take a break from bending over the work, so it all works out.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2015

So far this month, I am still assembling the rows of the Boomerang quilt. I use numbered pins when I sew the rows, as it's easy to sew the wrong ones together. So far it works, but slower. I have a large design wall, but not enough for a king size quilt, so I will have to lay out in sections. I made the blocks (~240) last year, and I think from my notes that I may still need to make more blocks. If not, it will be the size it is. I love that Kona has a similar colour of the year, Splash.

image.jpg image.jpg

When I need a distraction from this, I FMQ pillow tops. image.jpg

My schedule is busy Saturday, Monday & Tuesday, so I may not be sewing too much this week. But who knows. Sometimes when I'm busy, I get to my sewing room more often as it de-stresses me.
          Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• DeniseSm
            Missouri Star
            • Nov 2013

Just finished my first 5000 yard cone of grey thread. It lasted two years!
            100_4796.jpg

I have finished all 20 blocks of Tessalla pattern from the Gelato jelly roll. Now I need to pick a pleasing arrangement and assemble.

100_4804.jpg
            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• Sylvia H
              Missouri Star
              • May 2014

Well, I'm going to make a try at it again to get back my quilting mojo! I have a flannel throw quilt to layer, baste and quilt. So that will be my focus for the coming week. I also have 2 doctor appointments and a quilt guild meeting this week. That actually makes for a busy week for me. My energy level is still variable. One thing I will be asking the new doctor is if I should be continuing my iron suppliments, or if there is something else I should be taking. The gastroenterologist who prescribed the suppliments is no help. I talked to a nurse a few weeks about this, and still haven't received an answer. Calling them back doesn't help - I always have to leave a message, and no one gets back to me! I will not be seeing this doc for any follow up visits!

Hope everyone has a good week.
              If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

• threadbndr
                Batting Beauty
                • Jan 2017

I saw that batting at JoAnns the other day. You'll have to let us know how it goes!

Comment

• DeniseSm
                  Missouri Star
                  • Nov 2013

Oh the possibilities. I had so much fun trying different arrangements of the Tessalla blocks. The pattern shows four different layout options on page 6. I like this arrangement best.
                  100_4808.JPG
                  Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• KnitWitRosie
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2014

That quilt is GORGEOUS!!! Absolutely stunning!!!
                    ~ Rosie ~

~ The "Dream Team" ~

Comment

• KnitWitRosie
                      Missouri Star
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by threadbndr View Post
                      I saw that batting at JoAnns the other day. You'll have to let us know how it goes!
                      I've got all six placemats done, just working on the binding today! It was soooooo easy! I literally breezed thru all six in no time! Used 10 different FQs for them and still have leftovers. Thinking I may go pickup the other design they have and do St. Patrick's Day ones

I'll post pics here in a few
                      ~ Rosie ~

~ The "Dream Team" ~

Comment

• Debbie MM
                        Batting Beauty
                        • Apr 2012

My plans for this week is to get my goddaughter quilt mailed and get the binding cutout for the other quilt that needs to be bounded
                        Debbie

Comment

• KnitWitRosie
                          Missouri Star
                          • Apr 2014

Binding is going on. Thinking I may just wait until they're all done and I have another few projects done and then I'll have myself a little hand-binding party.

~ Rosie ~

~ The "Dream Team" ~

Comment

• RockinLou
                            Missouri Star
                            • Oct 2014

I'll be at JoAnn this weekend... I really love your ideas .... I try to do holiday themed runners. This year I couldn't find my Christmas runner to save my life.... then randomly found it this weekend in a bin of old toys from when the kids were babies. I mean, seriously, only my husband could have placed it there!!!

I'm super busy but trying to carve out time for my sewing- last night I basted the little table topper and hot pad I made for myself last week and tonight I'm going to get the quilting going on the patchwork topper before I retire for the night. Progress.... every little bit counts!

Comment

• DeniseSm
                              Missouri Star
                              • Nov 2013

So excited. Just signed up for a hands on class on Thread Painting using a Frond panel at my local quilt shop for Jan 30. This will be my first hands on class in a year. We get to play with all different kinds of thread. I also learned that since I am long arm certified I can quilt charity panels on the long arm the last day of the month. Happy day. Wish me luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X