Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Friday

Good morning friends. The first week of 2019 is just about over. I got into the sewing room yesterday and hemmed a pair of pants for a friend. I was glad to get those out of the way. I really didn't do much after that. I found a bag of scraps that I decided to cut up. Other than that the creative juices just aren't flowing really well at the moment.

Not sure what today will bring. Hubby stated this morning that he was cleaning out one of the closets. OH MY!! That closet holds a lot of toys that kids had when they were young. No no no. We shall see what gets tossed.

Have a good day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Friday

Good morning Monique and fellow addicts.....

Hope you keep what you want to save Monique, if not, hopefully they'll all find good homes!

Well the purging and reorganizing continues.......but I really like how it's going. Just a slow process. I'm refoldong every piece!! What was I thinking? But this way is much better, space and looks. So it'll continue.

I couldn't believe it......the sun shone yesterday! Not for long, but oh my.......it was gorgeous! There's a rumor that the sun will continue through the Weekend........I'm holding my breath, just in case. Not really, but it sure will be great, if they're right this time!

Going to try and see the meteor shower that suppose to be going on now.......somehow I always miss it.

Hope y'all have a wonderful day. Hugs to all.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all to the first Friday of 2019.....so much going on!

Week 25 of my Keto endeavor....I started on July 13,2018. Since then, I have lost 87 pounds total at this point with 4 more to go to reach my goal! The before photo was taken 07/01/18 and the after photo was taken 12/07/18.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fat Sherri 07.01.18 (233x800).jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	156898

Name:	Sherri 12.2018 (450x800).jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	156899

I am still trying to organize my sewing room since the last move in September 2018....I have still have a lot to organize.

The office manager put in her two week notice at the new place of employment; yesterday, I was officially offered a full time position and I accepted whole heartedly!

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend planned.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Sherri.....you look fabulous! Such a wonderful accomplishment!

7. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario, shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shermur View Post

Week 25 of my Keto endeavor....I started on July 13,2018. Since then, I have lost 87 pounds total at this point with 4 more to go to reach my goal! The before photo was taken 07/01/18 and the after photo was taken 12/07/18.....

I am still trying to organize my sewing room since the last move in September 2018....I have still have a lot to organize.

The office manager put in her two week notice at the new place of employment; yesterday, I was officially offered a full time position and I accepted whole heartedly!

Congratulations on the weight loss. My youngest also did keto and lost a whole person. And congratulations on the job offer. Where are you working?

9. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    Congratulations on the weight loss. My youngest also did keto and lost a whole person. And congratulations on the job offer. Where are you working?
    I am a title clerk for a car dealership near my home in Rutland, VT!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

11. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am a title clerk for a car dealership near my home in Rutland, VT!
    Good for you, glad that you have found a full time position.

13. Thanks shermur, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Wow! You look great! And what a accomplishment!! Very glad for you! And a full time position. Your life is looking is looking very good.

15. Thanks 201 Treadler, shermur, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ladies,

Congratulations Sherri on your weight loss. You look great and must feel a lot healthier. It's all good things happening in your life. That's fantastic.

Monique - Les is probably well intentioned with clearing our closets. Help like that is valuable. It may be difficult to part with some items, but if they go to good homes (your kids) or another home, it's worth it. Just ask yourself - when was the last time it was used.

I got up so early today. Couldn't sleep. I think I was restless from yesterday. We babysat GDs, then their parents stayed for lunch and visit. The furnace guy did annual maintenance cleaning. I also took down and packed up the xmas decor, garlands, ornaments, angel and Santa collections. That was a full 9 bins. We had a late light dinner, and I crashed early. We did keep the garland on the front staircase as it is more woodland winter animals and keeps the deer company until I put them away in February.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	196.0 KB 
ID:	156901

Three things on my agenda today. 1. Transportation for mom's appt on Monday. 2. Check out if stores are open on Sunday where my GF wants to stay next weekend. Then book hotel. 3. take down the large xmas tree. (Optional - quilting).

Oh - excited to have confirmed spots for my GF Dorothy and me ata quilting retreat at the end of February.

Have a good day. Stay warm. Stay dry.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

17. Thanks Claire Hallman, shermur, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~

Sherri ~ Congrats on the weight loss & the new job. What is the "keto endeavor"? Is that like an Atkins diet?

We hit 58 deg. yest. with lots of sunshine. It's supposed to be just as warm today, too. I'm glad the cold spell is over. I called the LQS to see if those bolts of fabric still were on the 40% off sale. They were! I went back for more of one of the fabrics & bought a little more of some others.

I didn't make it to the sewing room yest., but I hope to today. DS#1 called in the afternoon & we gabbed an hour. He's still on furlough due the gov't shut down. He's been doing several little projects around the house. This a.m. I plan to bake DH's spelt bread. He's waiting for breakfast, so no more time now.

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover, shermur thanked for this post