Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Friday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Friday

Sherri ~ Congrats on the weight loss & the new job. What is the "keto endeavor"? Is that like an Atkins diet?

JCY...sort of.....
    Since I haven't done the Atkins diet, I can't be totally sure?
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

2. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

2 Congratulations Sherri! Wowsers! I hope you enjoy your new position.

Slow starting here, I could have been a night owl working in my sewing room last night if it wasn't beside Mike's bedroom. I finally got to sleep after 3, and up by 7:30. We'll see what I feel like doing today.

It's dreary and the railings and new fronts for the fencing is on hold until we find out where the underground stuff is. Hopefully, they'll be here by Monday to mark stuff. The only thing I'm not sure about is the AC condenser that's in the back yard and there's no paperwork on that to know who to call.

I managed to get one heart block sewn yesterday and half of a second. Mike decided to put JAG on, so I sat and watched JAG all afternoon. Which is probably why I couldn't get to sleep! Hopefully, I'll be able to finish up the last block and get the four sashed and ready to sandwich. During the day light hours, I don't care if I go in there to sew!

Monday will be back to homeschool and little kiddos. There won't be much sewing time in the mornings. Not sure what Morgan's schedule is for January. I don't know how she keeps up with all of it. Putting in for hours, scheduling days off, and then not getting what you asked for, or forgetting to get it in on time. It's a different world from teaching school. I knew where I'd be and when all the time.

Time to get busy and get somethings finished up, so I can clean up again.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, comfort, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anitamae56 View Post
    Wow! Wow! You look great! And what a accomplishment!! Very glad for you! And a full time position. Your life is looking is looking very good.
    It certainly is, keep up the good work.

5. Thanks Star lover, shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You look amazing. I know that takes great will power. And, I noticed thru these last months that your posts are more positive and bright and cheerful too. Now we can see why. The job offer is fabulous. I know that makes you feel good too.
    DH refinished the kitchen floor over the last three days and it looks wonderful. It should be a lot easier to keep clean with the new finish on it. Today I have to move the china cabinet back into its nook and put the things back in it. That will take most of my morning.
    Raining here, but 50. DH's cold is still going on but its been 4 days now and I don't have a sniffle yet. Knock on wood.
    MIL went home from Hospital last night. Hoping she is going to be alright now.
    Off to get some coffee and then tackle that clean up job.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sherri, you are half of your former self!! Oh my goodness you look great!!!! I bet it was super fun shopping for new clothes in way smaller sizes. Congrats on the new position too. Looks like 2019 is starting off on the right foot for you!

8. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, shermur thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon. I finally have time to sit down. I had an early morning neck massage and ran errands. I just returned from the vet where our pug gets laser treatment for her arthritis. I am off to get the final part of my root canal done.
    I did get the blocks put on my design wall yesterday. Now to find the time and energy to sew them together.

Congrats Sherri on the job offer and weight loss.
    Beth

10. Thanks Star lover, shermur, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Sherri, you look marvelous!! Keep up the good (and hard) work.

Gina

12. Thanks shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon all. I finally had some time to sit down and catch up here. I did some vacuuming and floor washing early this morning. I am trying to do a bit of un-decorating each day and then work on some organizing/purging. Today I went in to the extra bedroom upstairs which was a bit of a disaster area. I have some things I put aside to share with others who are into scrapbooking/cardmaking and then just got rid of other "stuff" that I really don't want/need and will not be useful to anyone else......like old scrapmagazines from the 1990's that used a lot of stickers in the designs. Nobody uses stickers anymore from what I can see. After that I had some lunch and then worked on some things on the computer. The files here need to be organized too.

Sherri, congratulations! You so deserve that full time position. It sounds like you are in a happy place now. And wow! you look amazing. I just happened to see a bit of Dr Oz today when I sat down to have my lunch and Montel Williams was on there talking about the keto diet. I am not sure just what it involves... other than cutting out sugar and adding more healthy fats. It seems that it is good for a lot of ailments and just overall good health. I may have to check into it a bit. Congrats again. What a wonderful way to start off 2019.

Well, dh will be home from work in a few minutes and he will want to chat about his day so I will scoot now. Happy Friday all.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

14. Thanks Star lover, shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shermur View Post
    Morning all to the first Friday of 2019.....so much going on!

I am still trying to organize my sewing room since the last move in September 2018....I have still have a lot to organize.

The office manager put in her two week notice at the new place of employment; yesterday, I was officially offered a full time position and I accepted whole heartedly!

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend planned.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

16. Thanks shermur thanked for this post