Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: the ultimate carry all tool bag?

My sewing group all went in and purchased our patterns at a group discount. This bag took 4 sundays of all day sewing. The list of materials makes this very expensive to make on an individual basis. I was unable to make mine during the group sew
    having got the pattern from craftsy, am not surprised you didn't finish!!

good grief its very confusing and very easy to get the cutting wrong per pattern,

it seems am very novice at cutting out in the designers way,
    am an self taught visual learner. so a you tube with the designer cutting out in her method, would of been useful.

there is lots of writing with sizes that takes some working out, have been scratching head trying to fathom it all out, and failed.
    others may find this easy to work out.

sometimes just got to go back to basics and work in ways which are comfortable,
    using the picture, & some paper and masking tape to put paper pages together, have drafted out a pattern from this picture of the outside and side panels, (have adjusted size of bag so my sewn storage items will go in) from here I can decide if use one outer fabric or embellishing in another way

still to draft inner divides but things are looking good in paper

even though am doing the bag this way the pattern and bag style will still be the designers copyright am impressed with the little touches to make this bag work.

when the papers patterns are finished will be able to gather supplies
    have a great day

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't ordered this pattern yet...I have been on the fence about it. Now wonder if I should.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deegles View Post
    My sewing group all went in and purchased our patterns at a group discount. This bag took 4 sundays of all day sewing. The list of materials makes this very expensive to make on an individual basis. I was unable to make mine during the group sew. Natalie sent me the pdf. I will never make the bag. If anyone is interested, I will trade patterns, or fabric. I can look and see what the supply list is.
    I have yet to see any of these bags at retreat or group sews. The thing the sewing group liked most about the bag was the pocket slider for slipping over a sewing machine trolly for only one trip for everything.
    Thanks for the review. The bionic gear bag takes a while also if it first or second one a person has sewn. As for materials, I tend to make do with what I have. ;-) I have snaps, zips, elastic and fabric. I sew for the grands so I assume I may have all it lists. But as for time or frustration I am glad you mentioned it. I may wait on this project for now

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 201 Treadler View Post
    having got the pattern from craftsy, am not surprised you didn't finish!!

good grief its very confusing and very easy to get the cutting wrong per pattern,

it seems am very novice at cutting out in the designers way,
    am an self taught visual learner. so a you tube with the designer cutting out in her method, would of been useful.

there is lots of writing with sizes that takes some working out, have been scratching head trying to fathom it all out, and failed.
    others may find this easy to work out.

sometimes just got to go back to basics and work in ways which are comfortable,
    using the picture, & some paper and masking tape to put paper pages together, have drafted out a pattern from this picture of the outside and side panels, (have adjusted size of bag so my sewn storage items will go in) from here I can decide if use one outer fabric or embellishing in another way

still to draft inner divides but things are looking good in paper

even though am doing the bag this way the pattern and bag style will still be the designers copyright am impressed with the little touches to make this bag work.

when the papers patterns are finished will be able to gather supplies
    have a great day
    Good idea. I have used cheap tablecloths or ugly fabric to make samples when I can't figure things out. And I agree, some designers don't make sense on paper and a lot of photos or video would be very helpful.

5. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I loved the purple one. But that's something I don't think I will ever do. Well I just don't have the time. lol
    Ginger snaps