Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh it's Thursday today

I had to look at the calendar. I kept myself busy yesterday trying to 'fix-up' my sewing room. Purging a little, I gave away 3 sewing machines yesterday. My neighbour knows an organization that uses these machines. Felt good to know that they are going to be used and not sitting collecting dust.

I FINALLY got the floor washed in the living room and hallway. It was just so filthy since we had the dog here and just no time to get 'er done, LOL!!

I have most of the day to myself as Les is taking his sister to an appointment in the city. I think I shall be back in the sewing room again today.

It is a little warmer today. I may venture out and get the mail today.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Oh it's Thursday today

Good mornin Monique and all......!!

The dreaded white stuff came down......but thankful not much stuck! Sure is cold. But the gurus (if they know anything) say mid 40's Saturday! And wait for it.....SUN! Been so long, not sure these ole eye will know what to do......not! Sure will be a wonderful sight!

I've been inspired to clean out my stash and organize it.....wow, what was I thinking. There's soooo much. But since it's everywhere and I'm mean EVERYWHERE, it'll get done. Gonna pitch a bunch, we'll donate. Hoping I do a better job this time. The last time, never made much sense (tried some else's idea). So this time, I'm winging it.

Happy for you Monique that you got the floors done. I can't remember how many times I've done mine since Christmas. There was soooo much glitter that I keep finding it everywhere. I figure by next year, it'll be clean.....finally.

Have a wonderful day! Hugs to all.

3. Thanks 201 Treadler, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

It was a busy morning, followed by a busy afternoon. The window guy came to install the trim. He'll have to come back. One piece was the wrong piece and they forgot to leave 2 long trim pieces. Sigh, but most of the windows are ticketless and clean now.

I had a guy come to look at the porch railing, yesterday. He's replacing the railing and turning the steps so they'll go out to the side of the deck instead of out by the house. They're replacing the front fencing on both sides of the house. Both sides will have gates now. Which I never understood why they put the gate on the smaller side of the house where it's sloped and not the larger side of fencing where it's flat. Oh well, it will look nicer. Check off one of the projects for this year. They'll be here Friday to do the work. Hopefully, it won't be raining!

I worked in my sewing room yesterday. I FPPed two heart blocks. Two more to do and I'll have February's door hanging about ready to go. Then it's on to the January SS project.

Anita, Monique, I need to join you in the stash challenge. Geez, I have found stuff I didn't remember buying. No way I know what I bought them for. I think it's time for a Block marathon to see what is calling to me. It will be more challenging to get into my sewing room with Jim going back to school next week and the kids will be here in the mornings again.

Best get started. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, comfort, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Not quite as cold this a.m. It's 15 deg.; yest. it was only 4. We got up to 42 deg. yest. p.m., so the house felt much warmer. I was glad for a sunny, warmer day. Had to dry the bathroom rugs outside. DH had a mishap with some water in the bsmt. bathroom; I ended up having to wash the rugs, mopping the bathroom, floor, etc. I also ran the vacuum. I needed lint-free carpet for rolling out the batting to measure & cut & laying out my quilt to sandwich it. I still have a good 1/2 roll of batting left. The panel baby quilt is all sandwiched, pin basted, & the edges mach. basted. It's ready to quilt. First I need to make a sample practice block.

This a.m. I'll cook up DH's Anasazi beans. Later on I need to run a couple errands. I hope to get to the FMQ later today. Due to the numbness in my L. hand, I can quilt for only 30 min. before needing to rest my hand.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!

Star lover, good luck with the organizing. You do have to find a method that works for YOU and your comfort level.

I'm working on a small wall hanging of 10 blocks on the embroidery machine. One block per day is the goal for now. January is a busy time at my office so quilting progress slows down.

Best wishes to all for your sewing projects today!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone....Jeff shared his Man Cold with me and I have quite a foghorn cough and sinus headache.

We are traveling nearly to Arkansas today to pick up a 4-wheeler Jeff bought online. We could have picked it up last week but the weather was calling for ice on the roads. Dottie will make the trip with us to give her a little break from the Girls. The Girls will be in doggy day care with our groomer. She has a nice facility and the Girls can bark all they want there. They have a nice indoor fenced play area where they can chase balls and each other. I hope to pick up two tired little Westies later today.

Tomorrow I need to get serious about making a wedding quilt for DGS and his lovely fiancee, Kaytie. They say late May or early June is their target. I wish I knew what colors Kaytie likes. She seems to like a bit of vintage...Yes!! She may be a girl after my own heart in her love for quilts. She's quite down to earth.

I'm off to pack meals for the pups to take to day care and one to take along with us for Dottie.

Wishing everyone a good day....with love & hugs.

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Barb. Sometimes our guys share a little too much with us. Another dreary day. cold too and likely to rain but at least it isn't snowing.

Trying to get Christmas decorations away little by little while continuing to destash much of them.. Have to change garage overhang for their storage as it isn't safe for DH to get up there anymore. We have the right kind of tall sturdy ladder to reach everything on the overhang but DH no longer has the strength and/or energy to get up there. Before Christmas I asked DSons take certain boxes down for me and found out they do that chore just like their father did, just grab everything and drop it all in the dining room. New storage space will be backyard shed, there I can get the stuff myself. House does look a bit drab after the chore is done but need to get ready to face the new year.

Reminding myself, again. to get the new calender's up. I keep one in the kitchen and another on my computer desk and first thing I need to do is note everyone's Bdays so I don't forget them. If I had your age wrong last year it will be one year older this year unless you corrected me. Also note appointments, etc. All I have to do them is remember to look at the calenders, LOL!

Have a good day everyone and have a coffee refill on me. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COFFEE W SNOOPY 1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	156890
    Last edited by MissMay in Jersey; January 3rd, 2019 at 11:14 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,

I've been loosing track of days. I will be glad when a regular schedule gets going.

Yesterday I visited mom, but she wasn't doing as well. She had her hair done in the morning and was quite nauseous afterwards. They gave her Gravol and regularly check her hemoglobins. I picked up an apple Danish, which we shared. She enjoyed that. I will call the coordinator there to arrange next Monday's transportation to hospital. Hopefully she will do it, and not pass it back. I sewed another row for the Boomerang quilt. We went to a Steakhouse for dinner with my son. He agreed it was the best steak he has ever had. The decor is very classy also, and you don't get loud noise like you do in chain restaurants.

I changed the sheets and have 2 loads of laundry going this morning. We will be keeping 2 GDs this morning for a few hours. I am struggling to find an activity that won't cause them to fight and scream. This afternoon the furnace is getting its annual maintenance. I hope to get some more sewing done, when the girls are gone. I couldn't resist today's DD and 4yds diaphanous Ombre cloud to use as background. I also picked up the latest Block mag. I have been buying some of Jason Yenter's yardage over the past month from various LQS, it is such high quality and feels quite silky.

Monique, Anita. Good job at decluttering your sewing room. I know fabrics have to be organized the way you will be able to find them. I think others must be doing this as well. I got a call from a guild member, and she is donating 3 tops for VictorIa quilts. She is a topper, and usually pays to have them quilted. I told her we would take the tops, as we can quilt them. We also use a specific flannel backing. I am contemplating an offer from another guild member to go to a retreat at the end of February. Since I don't go south, this might be an option.

Have a good day everyone. Serious hugs for those in need. Be safe. Stay warm. Stay dry.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

10. Thanks Star lover, 201 Treadler, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. Sounds like we all have busy days planned. My morning has kept me busy. I have done a bit of un-decorating, fed the plants and cleaned up the kitchen. I will be leaving shortly to take Kathryn to the doctor. Joe has a long break in his classes today so he will meet us there "just in case". I will probably head home after he arrives and then be ready to pick Henry up if they send her to the hospital. Hubby went back to work this morning so I was up at 5:30. It will be nice to be able to sleep until sunrise once he retires.

I hope to get into my sewing room after I get back from the doctor's office. Not sure what I want to work on just yet though. I have a few projects waiting to be done. I also need to work on the closet where I keep all my fabric that is on boards. There is a shelf in it that I could use but right now it has all kinds of "stuff" on it. Not mine. Still things from Kathryn since it used to be her room. There are college textbooks, stuffed animals and who knows what else. I have an empty bin in the garage so I may just start to empty that shelf out later today and then see how I can most efficiently use that space.

Have a great day everyone.
    Last edited by Ginny B; January 3rd, 2019 at 11:16 AM.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Clouds and 44 this morning. I am off to work out, and then I have to go to BB&B to get some things for my son to take back to school. I need to sew today . I need to get my mojo back. I have all the blocks cut , now I just have to sew them together.

Have a good day.
    Beth