Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Oh it's Thursday today

Morning all,
    Not sure what the weather has in store today, sun is trying to peak through, we'll see if it makes it.

I'm with Barb this morning, I'm afraid my husband has passed on his nasty cold to me. Nose is running and throat feels scratchy, thank you very much!

Have not taken down the small tree yet. I didn't get around to putting much up so I'm enjoying it a little longer. It has all my embroidered ornaments on it. Need to make a few more during the year to fill in a few bare spots.

Sewing room is in desperate need of a major clean-up which I can't seem to make myself do. I think this will have to be the year of finishing UFO's as I didn't really want to acknowledge just how many I have., Out of sight out of mind!

We'll, off to start the daily chores and get them out of the way now that I've had my coffee. Wishing everyone a good day!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am so very tired of gray, gloomy weather. It is warmish [50s-60s] but o so dreary. I want it to get colder so we can have some sunshine, please, please, please.
    I am with May regarding Christmas decorations, ours are slowly disappearing, a room at a time. Might get the dining room finished today. I love decorating the house but it is a chore to remove all the pretty things and where to store them? Our attic access is poor but it is large so we put a few bins at a time up there. Our DS helped get it all down and gave me grief about how much I have so not going to ask for help putting it back. I have discarded a bit but not nearly as much as he thinks I should.
    I laid out a scrappy quilt yesterday on my design area and will probably move some things around before sewing it together plus I want to begin fmq on a quilt for a friend about to start chemo. I am having trouble deciding how to quilt it, I want it to be beautiful for her.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Gloomy, dreary, rainy has just about driven me to distraction. I told my sister that even though we live in the south I am so tired of this wonderful (NOT!!) weather we've had I am ready to move to the Sahara Desert. I can live with a little cold but the endless clouds/rain is wearing me down. It's so hard to maintain a sunny, positive attitude I usually have. Better days ahead, please!

Gina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Geegee Gina, I know the sunshine will come to Georgia but I will tell you that we are grey here in NC mountains from rain rain rain. However, I know for sure that this makes me lots happier at 50 degrees and rain than 20 degrees and ice and snow so I count my blessings. Spring will be here before we know it. How lucky to be a southern American.
    I embroidered some today. DD was on the phone and I told her it would be good if I didn't have to stop and restart the machine for colors since I was doing a monocolor design. She told me all I had to do was disable the stop button. Well, duh. That saved me lots of minutes today. I should have all the embroider done in about 12 more hours, then I can do the quilting part. This quilt is already at about 300 hours. It doesn't look that good. lol.
    MIL is back in hospital. No bowel movement for several days, dehydrating and not urinating. We can't go visit with DH's cold. She has many good friends who are keeping us posted.
    DD related a sad story to me . Said she stopped to visit her bio=father over the holidays and noticed a couple of ratty old fleece blankets on the sofa. She said, "I should make you a quilt" and he replied, "why would you do that when I have perfectly good blankets" She said, you're right, they take a lot of time and when someone doesn't really want want, why would I. Her brother was with her and he said, Dad, she does great work, you should take her up on it. But, DD held her ground and said, "no, I wouldn't want someone to have one of my quilts that wouldn't appreciate it. and then, to me she said, "so , I wanted to say, I shouldn't bother visiting someone who doesn't appreciate having a lovely daughter either." But she is too nice to hurt his feelings.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

hope Mil improves quickly grammaterry,
    such a sad tale but so can completely understand, all that work & all on a quilt.

you can disable the stop button?? wow these machines are so amazing I really mean that in a nice way, am quilt intrigued . but wont press you for pictures.
    am struggling with the restart button on myself chuckling away perhaps need a boost button teehee.

well its just turned Friday, as typing, cannot see or hear the weather so must be behaving itself.
    sending healing prayers hugs, and well wishes, have a great day.

6. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Evening friends, I never did get in on Thursday, it was a busy day, plumber was here, DH had a doctors appointment, Kids and I waited for him at a toy store then we all went out for housewares. Not particularly interesting...

I need to pack up Christmas too, but it won’t take more than an hour or two. Trouble comes with transportation of storage boxes in and out of the house and a storage unit down the street....

Tomorrow DD has a dentist appointment and I need to go in to get some work done before school starts up on Monday.

DD’s EdPsych evaluation was a tough pill to swallow yesterday with her diagnosis being very different from what I had expected... so between that and DH packing up to live in a different state for the next 5 months, my demeanor has been as gloomy as the weather here in Atlanta.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post