Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday hellos!

Good morning friends and welcome back to members who have been on hiatus.

Happy New Year Anita, great to have you back.

Well, everyone ended up going home yesterday after all. Maizyn would have stayed another day for sure and so would Greg but Ashley was expecting him to go home yesterday and not today. We had a wonderful family new year and it is always great to have my boys home with us.

My niece could use some prayers right now. I can't go into detail as I really don't know much right now but would appreciate your prayers.

And so life goes back to normal today. I managed to get into the sewing room long enough to deflate the mattress and get a little more organized. Lots of work to do in that department for sure. I need to start a priority list for the new year.

It is FREEZING cold today so I don't think I shall venture out today if I don't have to.

So stay warm and sew on.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday hellos!

Good Morning Monique,

Welcome home! Anita, Happy New Year to you.

I didn't accomplish much yesterday. We went to Jim's MIL's at noon until 4. Many games of Settlers of Catan were played. Jonathan sat in on the last hand. His dad won, again, but J almost had him. Mike and I had decided to help J, we just couldn't get the dice to cooperate. Mike and I had a late dinner since we'd grazed all afternoon.

Jim said Morgan's ER had a pretty quiet evening, only 1 'regular' drunk, nothing like being downtown at the ER! She's applied for a new Children's ER that will be further away from home, but a better chance on being moved to days. March she's going to a course that will help her move into administration. Her career is moving forward.

Today the guys come to finish the windows, the final inspection is done and the inside trim needs to be put on. Then the windows will be done. In the spring, this company has a sliding glass door sale, I'm going to see how much a new door will be. It will block the UV/ Heat/ and some of the noise from the ramp. I think in the long run it will be worth it.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get something done in my sewing room today. First step will be cleaning up the scraps from making my snowflake. Second step... pulling out fabrics from my stash. lol, clean up one mess to make another! It's a cycle, isn't it. I've found more layer cakes that I'd forgotten that I'd bought, which means I've forgotten what I've bought them for.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, comfort, wisdom and healing. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Monique and EVERYONE!

Oh I'm soooo happy to be back......sure did miss y'all. I've been trying to catch up and still have a couple more pages to go through.

The weather here has been crazy. We went one day from 56 to 20's the next. We've had white stuff and so much rain, I'm working on plans for an ark! There needs to plenty of room for my stash, machine and me!

Christmas was a blessing and so joyful. I fell and bruised my shin, knees, but saved the antique dish! Lost one, but I didn't like it anyway.....so there! Made my Christmas!

My eldest GS has pneumonia and is doing better. Gave us a scare. Monique, I'll be praying for your niece. Family is so important!

I slept through the major fireworks that welcomed New Years. DH "enjoyed" them and was finally able to go back to sleep. I didn't know a thing until I woke at 7 that am! Happy me! Called everyone to say happy New Years and they were happy I waited until later in the am. My brother tried to call me at midnight and couldn't, the lines were all tied up. I thanked him and told him I was checking for leaks in my eyelids and fell asleep. Wouldn't have like the wake up.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day! It's cold (25') and suppose to have some sort of fallout.....not sure what kind yet. So be safe wherever you are ......and stay warm. Hugs!
    Anita

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler, Monique thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year
    prayers for your niece Monique,
    weather appears to be in a state of limbo, not sunny or raining and no wind but its cold outside, was 15 degrees c approx. 59 degrees f in bedroom this morning, with fire on, didn't want to get up from within the warmth, am sat next to fire at moment, but have realised the eco fan that works on heat from fire, (amazing gadget) on top of fire when blows the warm air directly at you its cold when arrives, just needs angling and warm air returns
    ready for another cuppa here sending virtual cuppas, well wishes prayers, hugs to those who need.
    now where did I put those choc chip cookies to share too?
    have a great day

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, All ~ It's even colder this a.m.! Only 4 deg.! Our coldest morning yet. But...it's supposed to warm up to 40 today, & a chance of close to 60 by the end of the week. Up & down. I think the official high yest. was 18, but it briefly made it up to 24 on our thermometer. Sunny, but so cold. Two of the rabbits were out in the back yard. One went back under the shed. Their cotton tails sure get white & puffy in the winter time.

I spent considerable time in the sewing room yest. It felt good to get something done. After cutting one edge of the border 1/4" too short (Grrr!), re-cutting another strip, I finally got all the corner stones set in. The quilt top is finished! The backing is cut, but selvedges not trimmed yet. I should be able to get this one sandwiched & basted today.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning from ATL - it's unseasonably warm down here, and constantly wet, though we were just in CT and NJ all of last week. We arrived home the 31st, but were up at 4 for our 7 am flight. Travel was easy and we're glad to be home. We had gone for my dad's 70th birthday, which is the 29th, and it was great to be able to have Christmas at home but still see family. Thankfully we don't go back to school until the 7th.

This morning I was up early making our Fast Pass plans for Spring Break. 60 days until another Disney Trip! My mom is covering hotel, and I'm covering park passes, so even though it is expensive we are really looking forward to it and by March, I will definitely need the break.

We have a friend coming to watch the kids, so will try to get more Christmas tidied up before he comes. DH and I will be able to go out for lunch together and then we have an appointment to go to. Part of our motive for coming home was to get some educational evaluation of my daughter, and so that testing was done last month and today we sit and meet with the Dr. for two hours. I've been in education long enough to know that there is something there, and I'm hoping that this will provide some insights to help her. I'm interested to see what comes of it.

I have promised said daughter an hour of sewing time everyday this week and yesterday she really did an excellent job and she is becoming more comfortable with a straight stitch at a machine.

We might go see Mary Poppins tonight, is it terrible that after a 5 day trip away that I don't want to do movies, I'd rather sit and sew?! ;-)

All my travels led to progress on Hexies and speaking of projects... I need to go to the 2019 group and make a goal list for myself! I was on track in 2018 until August, when work started, and all the things became so stressful and time consuming. Ugh, work ethic sure makes it hard to get to sewing....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

Happy new year for those who have been away over the holidays. It sure is sunny but cold here. It's -17C and not expected to warm up. Monique - sadly I must go out and brave the weather. But EH, I'm Canadian and used to this.

This morning I have to go see mom and hopefully meet wih administration to figure out the transportation for her follow up appointment next week. It's not at the hospital that she had the surgery but another one across town. Her hip is healing well but she is dead weight and even with wheelchair, it won't be easy. I need to figure out if she has boots that fit. She hasn't been out in winter in 3 years.

Tonight we are bringing my son to a nice steakhouse. It's my husband's treat for his graduation as a constable for PPS. Our main parliament building has now closed for 10 years of extensive renovations. I didn't get to go for one of the final tours, but I have been many times. The new House of Commons will now take place in the renovated West Block. It is super high tech but the exterior and much of the historic is preserved. The Senate are now set up in the old historic train station across from the Chateau Laurier. It is sad to see the Library of Parliament closed while the building gets renovated. It is so beautiful with all the woodwork.

Yesterday, the phone kept ringing with friends calling to wish us a happy new year. We feel very blessed for all in our lives.DH's youngest son is enjoying the heat and scenes of LA. He will be in for a shocker when he gets back later this month.

DH & I did get to the sewing room yesterday. I have sewed up a few more rows of the Boomerang blocks. I do have to number each block before I sew them. It's easy to mix them up as I chain piece. DH is waiting for me to do the applique elephants for the baby quilt he is making youngest GS. I will modify pattern so I can needle-turn using the Appliquik method. It currently is designed for raw edge.

Sending hugs to those in need and best wishes for those struggling with health, family or other issues. Stay safe on the roads. Stay warm and dry. Happy sewing.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

10. Thanks 201 Treadler, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ho! Hi Ho!
    It's back to work and school we go!

You all have a great day!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

12. Thanks Star lover, 201 Treadler, Monique thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon. I finally have time to sit down and post. We had a nice birthday dinner with our twins. My DH made Shepard’s Pie and I did the 2 sink full of dishes.
    I hope to sew some this afternoon. My DS wants to cook dinner for us tonight. I took him up on that offer. I just have to go to the store and get some of the ingredients.

Have a good rest of the day.
    Beth

14. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to see our folks back in this wonderful new year. I am determined to get my sewing room just cleaned up. I know that sounds like organization but I'll get sidetracked & just clean. Maybe that might inspire me, who knows.

Monique, will pray for your niece. You can't have too many for any of us.

Gina

16. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post