Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's the first Tuesday of a brand new month and a brand new year

Good morning friends. My boys, my granddaughter and Les of course all rang in the new year together. We had a most lovely seafood meal. Then we sat around but I did fall asleep around 10ish or so but woke up long enough to see the new year arrive. Maizyn did better than I did, she stayed awake the whole time, hahaha. But at 5 after midnight she was off to bed and is still asleep as are the men. Just me having quiet time.

We had a snow storm last night, quite a lot of white stuff on the ground. Not sure if Phil and Maizyn will head home today or not. I know Greg is staying at least another day. Lots of seafood left and football on TV all day. I probably won't get into the sewing room today but I am sure I can find something to do that is if Maizyn goes home or not.

Have a wonderful new day today.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's the first Tuesday of a brand new month and a brand new year

Ah, Monique ~ We were posting at the same time. Happy New Year!

4. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy new year Monique and everyone,
    A brand new year filled wih hopes and dreams and good wishes. Your seafood meal sounds delicious. We went to the Mandarin. It was packed and they had new crowds lining up. The food was fresh and good, and of course I probably overindulged.

It's going to be a quiet day today, I hope.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

6. Thanks Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year! My twin girls turn 24 today. We will have a birthday dinner tomorrow night. It will be a quiet day here too. The rain has stopped, and it will be close to 60. I will have to get outside and enjoy the mild day.

Have a good day.
    Beth

8. Thanks Star lover, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year everyone!!

10. Thanks Star lover, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year! May peace, love, joy and perpetually filled bobbins bless you all.

lol, it does seem like someone could invent bobbins that don't have to be refilled every day.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks Star lover, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, MSN thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year everyone. Wishing all a Safe and Healthy 2019. As long as I'm wishing, I'm wishing that everyone really starts on their UFO projects. That is my goal this year. I have so many that need finishing and starting.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year! It was a quiet evening around here. Our two older boys went to a youth event from 7PM to12:30AM. They had a lot of fun, food, fellowship and spent a great way ringing in the new year. And for me, there was the option of the church bringing them home which meant I didn't have to get out in the yucky weather. At home, the other two children, dh and I made a batch of cookies and just had a quiet evening at home.

I spent some time work on organizing my planner and things that I want to do this year. The boys had so much fun that it took them a while to settle down. And I was going strong on my project that I think it was after 3 before everyone went to bed. So everyone slept in really late this morning.

Have a great 2019 everyone

15. Thanks Star lover, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy New year to everyone. I do believe that this year will be much better than last year. DH and I spent a quiet evening at home, and managed to stay up long enough to ring in the New Year. No grands today or tomorrow..so I will be taking it easy. Not ready to get back in to sewing just yet. Maybe in a week or 2.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

17. Thanks Star lover, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year from an absentee night owl.... I'll be up in the morning though so maybe I'll post again then! I received some messages recently nudging me to get back online.... I didn't intentionally vanish, but life in this country is hectic and exhausting!!

Maybe I'll just post a brief catch-up.... the good news is that I did get lots of sewing time today to kick off the new year. ;-)

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover, Monique thanked for this post