Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It is Monday and my last post of 2018.

Happy retirement. I've been 13 months now and no regrets. I feel like we are just now beginning to fully settle into the routine of not having a job. We love it. Our health is holding up and we have more than plenty to keep us busy.
    Tomorrow we will have the traditional southern good luck meal of hog jowls, black eyed peas and collard greens. I'll fix them early in the day and we will eat on them all day. Been doing that meal on New Years Day for 37 years and it seems to have worked. lol

2. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes for perfect stitches and Happy New Year to all!

This has been a year of life changes for DH & I in many ways and we are looking forward to 2019.

4. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Jocelyn, congratulations on your retirement! You taught that PA a valuable lesson about how to treat patients. You may call it being sassy, I call it being a patient advocate. Thank you for speaking up!

Michele, I find that grey skies have a huge negative impact on my mood. I struggle anyway when the days are so short. Add in cold and dreary, and it just pushes me over the edge. For me, decreasing stress at this time of year means simply not doing much for the holidays. I stopped sending Christmas cards years ago, and don't do any holiday baking. I gave the Christmas tree and all the decorations to the Goodwill. The only thing I kept were the Christmas stockings I made when DH and I got engaged. I avoid the mall, and change the radio station if Christmas songs are played. Many would (and do) criticize that I have no Christmas spirit. I'm sorry if I don't fit their vision of what Christmas should be. I can only do what works for me. But I'm always relieved when the holidays are over.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. I guess my point is that you are not alone in feeling sad and stressed at this time of year. Take care of yourself, and do something just for you.