Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP Dec 28, 2018 - Jan 3, 2019

I plead the confusion that comes from being on vacation for forgetting to put up the post on Friday (oops).

Busy but nice holiday around here with my family all close. No snow, and at last it seems to be slowing down a little bit, thank heavens.

I did get a needlework project finished - a cute Christmas Candy Gnome, and also got another block hand appliqued for "Aunt Lottie's Garden" (#13 of the 30 I need for the center of the quilt).

Hope you all had a great holiday and have a safe and happy New Years celebration this week.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Dec 28, 2018 - Jan 3, 2019

I finally have gathered up all the supplies I need for the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt. I am not so sure I like her colors, but this is my first Bonnie Hunter quilt, so I am going with her suggestions. Now I just need to get caught up with the group. I had put aside sewing most of the month of December. I am really missing it. Long arm was acting up when I last was working on GS Gnome quilt, got to rip out a lot of quilting on it. I so dread that mess.

I hope everyone's holidays were full of fun and safe, love to all.

Teresa

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Not much quilting time lately. I am still working on the Tessalla pattern. I will probably use the alternative layout shown in page 6 of the pattern, not the way I have them laid out now. I love this Gelato ombre jelly roll.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4795.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	156769
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have several new projects needing attention thanks to a three day in town retreat with my guild. Lots of fun and lots of food to share. My projects are still in the car, didn't unload since I was home just in time to watch Alabama vs Oklahoma which really wore me out, lol.
    I will post some pictures when I can.

Wow, that is beautiful

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying to organise myself for 2019, things I meant to make as gifts didn't get done as I forgot about them, also have lots of kitted up projects which were forgotten as they were at the bottom of the cupboard. So I've sorted them and catalogued them in a folder, along with new projects to make throughout the year.

I desperately need more storage space and what I have isn't working so I need to change my sewing room around and do a deep clean. Only then will I start on a new project!! I just have to work out how to fit 20 hours work into 6 hours available time hahaha!!

8. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, I love the quilt you are making. Is it really made from a jelly roll ? Please don't forget to post a picture when your done

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMP View Post
    Denise, I love the quilt you are making. Is it really made from a jelly roll ? Please don't forget to post a picture when your done
    Yes it is made from the Gelato jellyroll by Maywood Studios. You will also need one black jellyroll (or white if you prefer) and the Tessalla pattern by Needle in A Hayes Stack. You will need a half square triangle ruler like the Easy Angle ruler or similar. This is a very clever pattern with virtually no fabric waste. I hate when you buy an expensive jellyroll and don't use half of it. This uses the whole jelly roll.

All the beautiful color shading. It is not me. It is all from the jelly roll. The pattern tells you what order to cut the pieces and what order to reassemble them to get the color shading shown.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got some sewing done after our Christmas dinner last Sunday. In the past week I have finished FMQing the friendship braid for my GF, the Ombre Gelato Rainbow quilt. Denise, this is the same jelly roll you used. Also started piecing blocks for the Jaybird Boomerang quilt. I also sandwiched the Canadiana quilt, so it's next on my Sweet 16. Also quilting two toss cushions.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    Not much quilting time lately. I am still working on the Tessalla pattern. I will probably use the alternative layout shown in page 6 of the pattern, not the way I have them laid out now. I love this Gelato ombre jelly roll.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4795.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	156769
    Denise, where did u get the gelato jelly roll, it is expensive everywhere that I have looked? Thank you!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anitamae56 View Post
    Denise, where did u get the gelato jelly roll, it is expensive everywhere that I have looked? Thank you!
    It is very difficult to find the Gelato jelly roll on sale. I paid $43 with free shipping. Not any ombre jelly roll will achieve this affect with this pattern. You can get the whole kit here if that helps ( all fabric and pattern). Also available in white

https://shop.americanquilter.com/136...-in-black.html