Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default 20 lbs of DIY Denim

ThredUp is an online site to buy gently used clothing. At the end of the year they often offer 'boxes" as a way to clear out excess inventory. They are currently offering a 20 lb box of DIY denim described as "20 lbs of crafty goodness for the artist in you." Upcycling at it's finest. I've always wanted to try a jean/denim quilt but my machine wouldn't be able to handle it. If you're interested here's the web site : https://www.thredup.com/rescues?link...qIXWhA-TiOpplk

2. Thanks Star lover, Judy, USMC, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 20 lbs of DIY Denim

That's pretty neat. It would be perfect for a beach time quilt for the kids.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have a jean ready to quilt and its huge. I don't know how to quilt it. Do you hand quilt them? I have it pinned and I put batting inside my daughter said maybe it should leave off the batting. I keep putting it off because of the quilting.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I tie my jean quilts. They are so heavy I don't think they need batting. My daughter says hers really helps with her anxiety and my nephew who is autistic won't sleep without his. Since his was a queen size I made it like a duvet cover where it buttons at the bottom. That way it is easy to wash and they can add a blanket inside if needed.

Our Salvation Army store has bags of crafty denim. Really cheap and usually a good mix of colors/shades.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot image trying o hand quilt through denim. I think tying it makes sense.