Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martelli upcoming Sale

Martelli will be having price increases in January. This is their last 50% sale for the old prices.

50% OFF*
    Three Days Only

JANUARY 3 - 5

Starts Thursday, January 3
    at 120 a.m.

Ends Thursday, January 5
    at 11:59 p.m.

This is our last 50% OFF "Everything" sale, so please take advantage of this opportunity!

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

2. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Martelli upcoming Sale

Will someone please tell me why the Martelli mat is so expensive (when not on sale)? What justifies that price? Does it last longer? is it a different material? are the markings better than on an Olfa? Does it have something to do with the color? What is it? Do you need the Martelli rotary cutter for best results?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure Chelea. I purchased my mat when I got the rotary cutters there (on sale)

I paid the higher price for their cutters because after trying two other cheaper brands I could never get them to work for me properly. These cutter I find are great and I can also cut many more layers than before and they last me longer. The mat I've had since I joined here and it's still lasting great.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chelea View Post
    Will someone please tell me why the Martelli mat is so expensive (when not on sale)? What justifies that price? Does it last longer? is it a different material? are the markings better than on an Olfa? Does it have something to do with the color? What is it? Do you need the Martelli rotary cutter for best results?
    They are reversible....mine is lavender on one side and yellow on the other. I think I have had mine at least seven years, maybe longer, and it still looks brand new.

They stand behind their products and everything I have from them (which is a lot!) is very well constructed.

I have the big mat, and when I got it at 50% off, at the time it was less than $100. I think I got a good value for my money, and would buy another if I had to.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

6. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Pat, do you use the Martelli cutter or another brand?

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the heads up. I just bought the huge mat, 45, 60MM rotary cutters and now am going to purchase one more X Large mat, with the rotating mat system. It is a lot of money but with 50% off, you cannot beat it. I only use their rotary cutters now, took time to get used to them, but with arthritis they are perfect. The mat is wonderful, lives up to what it says. The other items I bought were at the last 50% sale, what a find !!!! Oh also I bought some of the red rocket oil, LOVE IT. I use it on everything now, it is really nice and does work like stated. I probably will stock up on blades also, I have to keep thinking that it is just money .

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    Martelli will be having price increases in January. This is their last 50% sale for the old prices.

50% OFF*
    Three Days Only

JANUARY 3 - 5

at 120 a.m.

Ends Thursday, January 5

This is our last 50% OFF "Everything" sale, so please take advantage of this opportunity!
    Thanks! I got the curve master on the last sale. It is like magic the way it helps! I need to see what else I may want from them

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlie Wolf View Post

50% OFF*
    Three Days Only

JANUARY 3 - 5

at 120 a.m.

Ends Thursday, January 5

has anyone bought or tried the Martelli Light Box with 12x12 Translucent Cutting Mat?

It looks interesting. i have a small light box but this comes with a cutting mat so instead of tracing it sounds like you could cut things out right there.

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone try their non slip rulers or the rulers with the slots in them?