Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone buy fabric from Amazon?

yes, I have found fabric there I couldn't find anywhere else. Haven't been disappointed yet.
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Like 'em or don't for whatever reason, Amazon is a great resource for almost everything. I think it's been 10 years now since Amazon bought Fabric.com. I buy from both places. I always check Amazon for the same fabric I see from other places. In the case of Fabric.com, some Amazon distribution centers may have it in stock for less, and maybe free shipping too. You do have to shop them as wisely as one does anywhere.

JCY- I didn't see a blanket "free freight" policy. Perhaps you got a free trial Prime membership? If so, check your credit card statement. You are instantly billed for a yearly Prime membership, but have 30 days to cancel, and the cost is refunded- almost as quick as it was when they charged your card.

JJ- I ordered some binding clips (like Clover Wonderclips) only way cheaper.They were $6.99/100- shipped free. They were on my porch in 4 days. I didn't realize they were coming from China until I got the package. I just ordered 6 pair of Machingers gloves for $7.99 plus $4.99 shipping. That's like 5 pair free.

Amazon just built a distribution center here in Portland (Troutdale actually) that has 855,000 sq. ft. under one roof. That's almost 20 acres. It's also huge for our local economy.

Here's one I like- Jeff Bezos has a direct contact point for customer concerns. According to Business Insider he reads every one. Though you won't likely get a personal reply, he forwards the complaints to the appropriate department heads with a "?" mark as the only communication. It's a feared message from "the boss." He wants an answer as to why a customer complaint has reached his desk, and what are we doing to fix it, and how long will it take? Ever wonder about the value of a focus on customer service? The wealthiest man in the world doesn't- he knows!
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

3. Thanks dwil23 thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Anyone buy fabric from Amazon?

yes have bought from Textile francias who sell on Amazon UK they delivery really quickly in UK, and wrap fabric in tissue paper, its an 'event 'opening the package. the fabric has something on it so it stays in place when cut, I tend to attempt to wash off fabric in cold water shower and dry before use.
    did once order something from another company on amazon uk and had to use the refund facility, when the wrong fabric was sent, the company wanted to charge 20% of the fabric fee for restocking, but amazon saw they did not mention this on listing. thumbs up to Amazon..

over is it £20 buying from amazon, not sellers on amazon in Uk there is an option for a 5 working day free shipping,
    Last edited by 201 Treadler; December 28th, 2018 at 03:36 PM.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, In the distant past they were not very careful cutting, Lately (2019) I have had very good products, but I order only named fabric. I do also see they sell on Amazon and with free shipping I do use Amazon too.
    "A finished quilt is better than a perfect one that isn't"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I once bought a fat quarter bundle fom Amazon. One of the fabrics was quite obviously polyester and not cotton. I double checked the listing ("100%") and then contacted the seller. She sent me replacements quicker than I could sneeze! So in the long run, I was quite happy.

I think it all depends on the ethics of the seller.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Amazon is somehow connected with Fabric.com. At least Fabric.com takes Amazon credit cards and uses their member info. Doesn't Amazon know everything about everybody these days?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Amazon is somehow connected with Fabric.com. At least Fabric.com takes Amazon credit cards and uses their member info. Doesn't Amazon know everything about everybody these days?
    Amazon bought Fabric.com a while ago
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

All I know is anything I order from fabric.com is sitting at my doorstep in like 3 days max. And I am not a Prime member.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How did we ever get by without Amazon and Google?