• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Thursday, the last of one in 2018

WOW, a new year approaching. We had a relatively quiet day yesterday here. I did venture out to town to pick up a new pen (needle and insulin holder) for Les. Nothing else was open. Quick trip out and I took the dog for a ride. I didn't do much the rest of the day either except make buns to take to my SIL's for dinner. Dinner was great, 4 young ones making lots of noise, not used to that anymore.

Today Les and I will head out and get supplies for New Year's Eve. We have a seafood fest, lobster tails are on sale this week. Other supplies will be picked up as well.

I am looking for a new laptop. There are so many choices out there that I am having trouble picking one. Hoping that Phil can pick one out for me for what I need.

Happy Thursday everyone. I don't know when I will be back in the sewing room. No mojo right now.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • grammaterry
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2015

Re: Thursday, the last of one in 2018

Good morning Monique. Seems the forum hasn't had much going onthese past few mornings. Everyone is busy withfamily and entertaining.
    Yesterday we got a call that MIL was in the hospital again. We saw her Christmas and she seemed alright, tired, but good. Anyway, she apparently was in pain all night and called 5 * . The diagnosis is gallbladder infection. She was sure it was her heart because they said she needs a pacemaker . I think they are going to try to treat it with meds instead of surgery. Probably need to go to the hospital to see her today.
    Need to pay property taxes today. We always wait till the last minute. Hate to have them have the money to squander any sooner than we have to.
    Planted those 400 flower bulbs yesterday. I'm a little stiff in the hips today but the air was wonderful and ;it felt good to dig in the dirt.
    success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
    Terry of NC

Comment

• baslp
      The Guild President
      • Sep 2012

Good morning. A pretty quiet day here. I have a neck massage later this morn. I have been going through drawers and cupboards and making piles for donation and trash. With all 4 kids home it is rather loud around here too. I took off for awhile yesterday to pick up some things st the store.
      We are suppose to get rain tonight and tomorrow. I would like to get some blocks put together.

Have a good day!
      Beth

Comment

• KPH
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2015

Good Morning Monique and all who follow.

Slow moving this morning. I've been chasing the squirrel off the bird feeders. The cardinals are there now, and the mocking bird was on the fence. Hopefully, they'll be able to have a turn now.

The only time I went in the sewing room yesterday was to let the inspector, inspect my window. His sister wants to start quilting. He gave her a layer cake and who ever sold it to him told him it would make a queen sized quilt (what she wanted). I told him she'll have enough for a nice sized throw, but not a queen size with just one layer cake. He likes to bake, but with just him alone now, he's got too many goodies. lol, and after all that the windows are inspected and passed. He wasn't happy about the stiffness in the front two windows, but I told him- I wouldn't be heading out those window for egress with the front door, the sliding glass door and the garage door all within easy access. Could you see me crawling out a window that I'd have to move furniture to get to? lol, had to laugh.

Mike and I took the decorations down and packed everything up, labeled and stacked in the storage room. I'm ready for them to take the rest of the tarps/ poles and the grill to donation. That way the back of the storage room will be cleaned out. Howard's Napa toys can move to the back wall, then Mike can go through the boxes he packed from our house. What he doesn't want, is going to get donated. What he wants can be repacked and labeled so he'll know where and what it is.

Well, Jim called. Morgan worked last night, so he's taking the kids out. We're going to Michael's for ornament storage boxes. I need to get 1 for Mike's ornaments. He acted like he loved the ones I made for him. A set with jingle bells, a set with snow flakes and a set with the little bottle brush trees and those little styrofoam balls for snow. They'll go with the tree skirt and stocking I made for him. He and I both think we have one more year with the 'unbreakable' tree before we can go back to glass ornaments.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
        Katrina
        From NC, retired in FL
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2015

Good morning fabulous forum friends.

It's sunny and cold, so we will run our errands early as we are expecting freezing rain later today and overnight. DH had visions of slipping on ice again, so he has declared he will not go out after the rain starts. He needs to get some non-drowsy allergy meds.

Yesterday was quiet. I went to nail salon. This is my occasional treat, and they fixed three nails that chipped. I also bumped into a friend, and we caught up on kids. We were both girl guide leaders. I also went to Michaels and picked up some photo boxes/bins. There are 16 in a bin. Buy 2 get 1 free. I got 2 coloured ones, one for DH, and the other plain. I think these will be good to organize my small scraps & binding ends by colour. I also got some small baking cups, which I use for pieces of fudge.

Other than visiting mom, making a spaghetti sauce for tomorrow, I plan to get to my sewing room. I attached the binding on the Ombre Gelato Rainbow quilt, and almost finished hand sewing when I take a break in front of TV.

Monique - I love seafood dinners. Enjoy it.
          Terry - I hope that you MIL is ok. Gallbladder issues are no fun. The new procedure surgery is not invasive, and if she's a candidate she should go for it.
          Katrina - wow, decorations down already. I see others put theirs away also. I guess I have always waited until after the new year, as we enjoy the glow of the lights it's also a lot of work to put the house back to normal.
          Beth - I realized that I have to go through the buffet and get rid of tablecloths that no longer fit any of the size tables we have. I have made so many over the years to fit the tables we had. I don't think we will ever use that many. Time to clear out and donate. Less is best.

Enjoy today. It won't come around again. Be safe on the roads today. Stay warm and stay dry.
          Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; December 27, 2018, 07:21 AM.
          Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Ginny B
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2012

Good morning everyone. It's nice and sunny here today. Yesterday was mostly spent rearranging my sewing room to fit in my new Featherweight table! Christmas present from DH. Got it all set up and ready to use. I do think I will need a small ott lamp for the table though. I saw a cute one at Nancy's Notions that I might get. I am very excited to have my Emma (my featherweight's name) set up and ready to use at any time.

Not sure what today will hold. I do have some baking to do so I think I will get that done along with some laundry. I also need to move some of my plants around. They need a sunnier location.

Terry, sorry to hear about your mil. Prayers said for a quick recovery.

I hope everyone is having a good post-Christmas week. Stay safe and warm all who are dealing with challenging weather.
            Last edited by Ginny B; December 27, 2018, 07:41 AM.
            Ginny B
            Levittown, NY

Comment

• KPH
              Missouri Star
              • Feb 2015

Back from ornament storage box shopping. Michael's had sold out, Hobby Lobby didn't have anything. I suggested Joanne's.. three boxes left and two of them were broken. I told Jim to take one of the broken ones, and split the boxes between the stacks that he has and ask for a discount since it is broken.

Bingo! He got them on sale, and 10% off the set that's broken. He can split those three layers between the stacks that I'd already given him.

Only thing, that left me empty handed for Mike's ornaments. Oh well. Maybe I'll check with Joanne's on line and order one this afternoon.

It's clouding up in preparation for the rain coming in tomorrow.
              Katrina
              From NC, retired in FL
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• LauraP
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2015

We had a quiet holiday. My youngest daughter is back in the hospital for a bowel blockage. They are going to try to treat it non-surgically since she already has so much scar tissue from other surgeries. If this had to happen she is glad it did it now as her husband comes off deployment in a few weeks. She doesn't want to be sick for that!
                I have a matching set of twin quilts cut out and the half squares marked so that's what I am going to work on today. Tomorrow we are going with friends to Yuma. One of the places we hit is Joann's so I will get a squaring up ruler.
                sigpic

Comment

• JCY
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jul 2013

Good afternoon, Everyone ~ I'm very late getting here. This a.m. was DH's medical procedure. Right after breakfast I headed out to the LQS. Got an e-m yest. that they are having 40% off selected partial & ends of bolts that she wants to move in order to make room for more fabric. Well, who doesn't want to save 40??! I thought maybe it would be just a few bolts, but she had 4 tables full! I took along a panel for a baby quilt to match fabrics for the borders. I found 3 options & bought some of each. Not sure how many yards I ended up with. I bought the last of the fabric on some of the bolts. I had a full sack of fabric when I left! More to add to my stash.

I needed to make a stop at Walmart. I've been waiting till after the Christmas rush & returns rush. Lots of cars in the parking lot, but it wasn't bad in the store. Check-out went fairly quickly. On the way home I went through the drive-thru at Chick-fil-A for chicken strips for today's lunch & the grilled chicken wrap to have tomorrow.

It's not as warm today. We started out at 24 deg. DH said it briefly made it up to 40, but most of the day it's been in the mid-30's. It's supposed to drop into the teens & even single digits the next couple nights. Brr. So far the snow has missed us.

A few yrs. ago Colorado legalized marijuana. We're seeing an increase in auto accidents due to drivers being under the influence. There was a bad wreck on I-70 W. of Denver this week. A 62 y.o. woman under the influence of both pot & alcohol crossed the median & hit another car. Both she & the other driver (a mother of 4 young children) were killed. The lady's 6 y.o. dau. is in critical condition in a Denver hospital. Very sad. I hope no more states legalize pot.

Terry ~ I hope your MIL will be ok. Next spring when all those bulbs bloom you'll have to post pictures.

Well, it's almost time for the news.

Comment

Working...
                  X