Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday, Boxing day

Good morning my friends. I hope you all had a wonderful day no matter what you did. Les and I had a very quiet day, just the two of us. We had dinner with his side of the family and it was a lovely traditional turkey meal. It was so delicious. Today we got to my SIL's for a boxing day fondue. I had a video chat with Maizyn and I tried to have a video chat with Greg and Ashley. She got to see Rider but he wasn't being very social. I think he is camera shy, lol!!

Rider and I played outside quite a bit but Baby it's cold outside. It was a very cold day. I was cold all day.

I received a beautiful lap quilt from Sheena who was my SS swap partner this year, which I used when I had my nap in the afternoon. She sent beautiful and useful gifts in the package. Pictures to follow.

Not sure what I will do today before we head out for dinner. I do need to run to town and get Les a new needle for his insulin, his current one isn't working well.

So enjoy your day my friends. Safe travels.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday, Boxing day

Good Morning, Everyone ~ We had a quiet day yest. as well. Just the two of us. I got e-mails & pictures from some of the kids. I was tired, so I rested & read in the recliner quite a bit. I made it to the sewing room briefly. I pieced one block.

DH has an eye exam this afternoon, but otherwise, I have no plans for the day. There's a slight chance of snow tonight into tomorrow. The system will drop snow in the mts. & out on the eastern plains, but we aren't expecting much here along the Front Range.

DS#1 who works for the FAA in downtown D.C. is furloughed due to the gov't shutdown. If it's only for a few days, it will be ok; he's looking forward to a break from work.

Well, time to fix DH's breakfast.

4. Thanks Star lover, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A wonderful Christmas day. Guess what DH got me...he was so thoughtful...400 spring bulbs which I must get into the ground today before the 3 inches of rain coming tomorrow!! What a glorious spring I will have to look forward to. Plus, he listened...got me a box of prewound bobbins and a selection of 4 different kinds of stabilizer. And...I mentioned when I saw the ad on the TV about the nightvision sunglasses that I had difficulty seeing at night so he went to Walmart and surprised me with a pair.
    Well, we went to mil's to visit yesterday and she seemed so glad for Christmas company. We wanted to take her to lunch but alas, nothing ...was open except wafflehouse and McDonalds. There must have been a hundred cars at each of those places. So, no lunch, we came home. She said she had plenty of left overs and was fine. I was glad there wasn't much open since it would require people to have to work on Christmas. Ithought it was great.

6. Thanks Star lover, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. We had a wonderful Christmas Eve with my sons, my sis and bil. Then yesterday after having a nice Christmas morning breakfast with the boys, we drove to NJ to spend the day with hubby's brother and sis in law and their kids and grands, and Aunt Terri . Fun day. After we got home last night, we exchanged gifts with each other. Hubby spoiled me and gave me a table for my Featherweight machine!! I can't wait to get it set up in my sewing room.

Nothing pressing on the to do list for today. Hubby is off until Jan. 3.

Time to get some breakfast. I hope everyone has a good day.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

8. Thanks Star lover, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone.

I made a brunch yesterday morning for us and my GF Pat. We exchanged gifts. She is always so thoughtful - she got DH a train calendar and a Snoopy ornament. She got me a beautiful snow globe with a white owl. This year, I have been going owlie. Our gift to her is a girls' weekend away together, and I wanted to include a few spa treatments. She said she prefers to go away and shop. She kept our cats when we went to KS this summer, and always there when we need her. She turns 65 in mid January, so we are planning a weekend for then. She is like family, but one you choose. Our kids include her in family celebrations. We visited mom together. Mom is looking pale and more drawn. I hope it's just that she is bored and lonely. Her hip is healing well.

The rest of the day was quiet. We relaxed watching some tv. I cooked a turkey breast and thigh, with stuffing. It's small enough not to get sick of it. There are lots of leftover quiches, bacon, sausage for the next few days. I wanted to go sew, but rested instead.

Today, I have to go back to the manicurist. Two of my nails cracked after 2 days. This is a powder process and usually last 2+ weeks. You can't remove yourself. I think they were rushing the process. Then back home to sew. I am really tempted by all the fabric sales on different sites, but I must be strong and resist.

Have a good day everyone. Be safe on the roads. Stay warm. Stay dry.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

10. Thanks Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Boxing Day Monique. Enjoy your day.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

12. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

It sounds like everyone's day went well. Mine was a roller coaster of emotions, but it was wonderful. We started at Jim's for breakfast with his family and ended up with Morgan's family at Nana and Nandy's. There were 18 of us in total. What a wonderful family my son married into!

Today's big event happened a lot earlier than I figured. The windows are inspected and ready for the trim pieces. The company has been called and the trim pieces will be put in next Wednesday. So that will be another job completed.

I guess it's time to start packing up the Christmas stuff, so I can finish cleaning out the garage while it's not too cold or too hot.

Monique, I snuggled up under my lap quilt from my SS, Robin. It's beautiful and It looks great on the back of my sofa. I know what I'm going to reach for when I'm chilled.

Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

14. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning and happy Boxing Day. We had a nice dinner with our kids. Plenty of left overs for dinner tonight.
    I just returned from working out, so now I have to some chores around the house. Hope to get into the sewing room later today.

Have a great day.
    Beth

16. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I had to go check my calendar--when I'm not working, I forget what day of the week it is!
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good evening! Christmas was fairly nice and smooth except dh was so sick that just the children and I went to my parents. The weather was so beautiful that the children were able to play outside and enjoy which was a good thing because today is rain, cold and wind. We did go look at the Christmas lights in three different towns on our way home last night.

As far as gifts go, I was completely wowed by the gifts that my Secret Santa made for me. I would like to encourage others to join the Secret Santa 2019 - lots of fun and a great way to do some fun sewing.

As for my families gifts, the children were all in for a big surprise on Christmas morning, the wrapping paper that I bought unbeknown to me didn't rip. So they had to find the tape and open it from there. As far as gifts go, dh and I bought a printer (nothing expensive), because our other one broke a couple of weeks ago. It is nice to have a printer in the house again.

Have a wonderful evening everyone

19. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post