Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Shipping Options and Merry Christmas!

To answer some of the questions, from MSQ's shipping info page:

"We are offering promotional 2-day FedEx Express shipping for only $12!

This new 2-day shipping doesn’t include processing time, but we’ll do our very best to get your package out the door in 1 to 5 business days. And remember, only our standard shipping can deliver to P.O. boxes, so be sure to use your home address if you want to use FedEx Express. "

FYI: FedEx "Express" is defined by FedEx: "within 3 business days"

Hope this helps those who find themselves debating if FedEx Express is a better alternative to standard shipping a.k.a. FedEx Smartpost ("Typically 2–7 business days based on the distance to your destination ")

2. Thanks dwil23 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

While $12 shipping isn't ideal, at least it's a start. To put it in perspective, this is the first time, to my knowledge, that MSQC has ever offered another option to standard shipping.
    Michele

To the world you may be one person. But to one person you may be the world.

4. Thanks dwil23 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Recent transactions.....

Order placed with FQS on 12/25/18 (3.5 cut of linen yardage and a charm pack on flash sale). Shipped out 12/26/18 via USPS and should receive by 12/31/18. 5 day turn around......

Order placed with M* on 12/26/18 (one pattern and Daily Deal/charm pack). Shipped out 12/27/18 via FedEx Smartpost and will receive 01/08/19....13 day turn around.....

Now, which shipping method is more suitable and makes sense? I guess when the shipping option was demanded; USPS was to be considered and it hasn't yet? And, I am not being impatient; it just proves which shipping service does it better. Like I have stated before; the more the product is handled, the longer it will take. Facts are facts....
    Last edited by shermur; December 28th, 2018 at 04:27 AM.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

6. Thanks dwil23, auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wlrquilts View Post
    I knew this would be the case. You wanted a choice, you got a choice and you still complain. Frankly, I think no matter what they offered you still wouldn't like it.
    I agree Wendy. Some people just aren't happy with anything that M* does, and quite frankly don't know why they are even on their forum. Some of the 'complainers' never buy ANYTHING from them....js
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear no! Lets not EVER strive for any improvement! That would just be criminal! Maybe that's why they have the Squeaky Wheel forum. Smart folk KNOW one squeak can be ignored, but with a constant squeal, SOMEONE will find some grease!
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

9. Thanks shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntstuff View Post
    Oh dear no! Lets not EVER strive for any improvement! That would just be criminal! Maybe that's why they have the Squeaky Wheel forum. Smart folk KNOW one squeak can be ignored, but with a constant squeal, SOMEONE will find some grease!
    Did not say not to strive for improvement...however many of their shipping issues are NOT their fault. Once it is out their hands, they have no control how the shipper handles it.
    BTW...you're Shirley Knot complaining again? Are you?

Marilyn......

11. Thanks sydneybean, MSN, cv quilter thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

I placed an order 12/26/18 and it came this morning.

It shipped regular smartpost.

I know many are having issues with fed ex being slow.

I am among the lucky that continues to receive excellent service from M* AND Fed Ex.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    however many of their shipping issues are NOT their fault. Once it is out their hands, they have no control how the shipper handles it.
    But HOW they ship it is totally under their control....and if a certain shipper continues to fail and they continue to use them....then it is their fault. Just sayin....

And yes, I realize this is beating a dead horse. They have no intention of changing. I have been told that. I just wish they would see that the shipping issues are causing them lost sales - and they are. I have talked to numerous people at guilds and shows who are fed up with it and no longer order from them. My Best quilting friend has sent many many many quilts in to be machine quilted. With one exception she has been very happy with the results, but the wait time for it to turnaround and then the shippping time is not acceptable and she is now sending her quilts elsewhere. I ordered the DD today and it has shipped already - that's great! But...it will now take 7-10 days to get to me. Fortunately it was an impulse purchase so not something I need. I ordered some fabric from California on Thursday morning and it arrived today. Two days from California by USPS. Now that's more like it! Here's the tracking to prove it ;-)
    https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...99938078030882

That's what I call good customer service!
    Last edited by dwil23; December 29th, 2018 at 10:01 PM.
    Donna

14. Thanks shermur, auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shermur View Post
    Recent transactions.....

Order placed with FQS on 12/25/18 (3.5 cut of linen yardage and a charm pack on flash sale). Shipped out 12/26/18 via USPS and should receive by 12/31/18. 5 day turn around......

Order placed with M* on 12/26/18 (one pattern and Daily Deal/charm pack). Shipped out 12/27/18 via FedEx Smartpost and will receive 01/08/19....13 day turn around.....

Now, which shipping method is more suitable and makes sense? I guess when the shipping option was demanded; USPS was to be considered and it hasn't yet? And, I am not being impatient; it just proves which shipping service does it better. Like I have stated before; the more the product is handled, the longer it will take. Facts are facts....
    Update on the two orders...the order from FQS? Arrived 12/29/18, 2 days faster than anticipated. The M* order now states a delivery date of 01/05/19 rather than 01/08/19. Instead of 13 days, it is now 10 days to get to Vermont from Missouri. In many patron's opinions (including my own), that is still too long to ship via Fedex Smartpost. Especially, when it was proven I could get an order from Texas to Vermont in under 5 days?

I do agree with Donna (dwil23) on this....if bad business decisions are made and it effects the business in a "negative way"? I try to order on an average of at least once a month; if M* presents something I need or really want. Unfortunately, I am not blessed with a local quilt shop worth a darn (JoAnn's DOES NOT count). But, I DO NOT order near what I used to, just for the sheer fact that the shipping practices over the past few years are unacceptable per "standard on-line practices".

I have always commended Missouri Star Quilt Company for JENNY'S pre-cut movement and her tutorials. And, they have grown so much in the past 10 years. It amazes me how many "quilting people" in the New England states still have not heard of Missouri Star; of course, internet service and shipping can be challenging in New England. So, there is still an ignorance and it still amazes me. I also have a fear of, what if Jenny retires? What if Jenny decides to step down and the higher ups that be try to replace Jenny? That would break my heart and that too, would be unacceptable. JENNY is who ignited the fire and the passion with her techniques and knowledge.

But, I am from the state of Missouri; born and raised. And, I will always live by the creed...."Show ME".....
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

16. Thanks dwil23 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shermur View Post

I do agree with Donna (dwil23) on this....if bad business decisions are made and it effects the business in a "negative way"? I try to order on an average of at least once a month; if M* presents something I need or really want. Unfortunately, I am not blessed with a local quilt shop worth a darn (JoAnn's DOES NOT count). But, I DO NOT order near what I used to, just for the sheer fact that the shipping practices over the past few years are unacceptable per "standard on-line practices".

I have always commended Missouri Star Quilt Company for JENNY'S pre-cut movement and her tutorials. And, they have grown so much in the past 10 years. It amazes me how many "quilting people" in the New England states still have not heard of Missouri Star; of course, internet service and shipping can be challenging in New England. So, there is still an ignorance and it still amazes me. I also have a fear of, what if Jenny retires? What if Jenny decides to step down and the higher ups that be try to replace Jenny? That would break my heart and that too, would be unacceptable. JENNY is who ignited the fire and the passion with her techniques and knowledge.

But, I am from the state of Missouri; born and raised. And, I will always live by the creed...."Show ME".....
    I completely agree that their customer service has suffered considerably as they have grown. They have lost the 'personal' feel that it once had. Since Al, Sarah, and Dave stepped down from the every day running of the company the personality of the business has changed. It was never as apparent as it was at this last years 10th Birthday Bash. To many of us that have been to the past 5 or 6 it was 'underwhelming' to say the least. You would have thought that it would have been more about customer appreciation...but it was no where near that. It was all about the sell. From the vendors, to the 2 "Dinners with the Doans". You were hard pressed to see any family members, if you didn't pay to see Jenny. Al was out of town, and I did not see Sarah at all. I did run into Dave and Elisabeth on the patio once. I love the family, and consider many of them personal friends...but I sure do miss the small business feel that it used to have....before they outgrew the loyalty of their customers. If you look at Jenny when she is doing the tutorials, she doesn't have the same sparkle she used to have. As far as her stepping down, or them replacing her...that will be huge in terms of their business. I did wonder for a while if they were prepping Misty for that job with her Tuesday tutorials. I will continue to patronize them, and go to the fall forum retreat....but not sure I will do another Birthday Bash.

Marilyn......

18. Thanks shermur thanked for this post