Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Everyone! Late night with DD and family very early 4:30 am Santa with DD also. Its time for a nap!!

2. Thanks Star lover, Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas everyone— my DH made us breakfast . He and one of the kids ate tamales and eggs. I went for the waffles. One of my DD did give a new cookbook and quilt pattern. Now my DH is making the stuffing . Later he will make a palova (sp??)for desert. I plan on staying in my sewing room, so I am out of the way.

Have a great day.
    Beth

4. Thanks Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Let me add my Christmas greetings to those already posted. Slowly getting my meal ready, just needed a break from all the prepping. Presents all wrapped and snacks made, roll dough ready to turn into rolls, (thought about making Pillsbury cresant rolls, but then thought how disappointed everyone would be with that idea) Got the ham ready for the Nesco wrapped up tight in foil. I also made the jello poke cake that the kids used to love last night after church. Hope they still like it. LOL Anyways the party will be starting around 5pm, so it will be a late night for me.
    Merry Christmas to all and Best wishes for a healthy and happy 2019.

6. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We've had a lovely day, although dry quiet with just the two of us. My DD, SIL and DGS went to spend Christmas with his family and although it made us sad in a way, I thanked God for having the three of them in my life. And although they weren't in my house/town they were with me in my heart.

They will be back tomorrow and they'll come to us for the evening meal.

I'm going to iron some stabiliser on some Calico so I can spend the evening with DH watching TV whilst doing some handsewing.

I wish you all a happy Christmas and a healthy, joyous new year.

8. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas everyone. It's been a quiet Christmas Eve and Day. Just DS, DH, and me...and Mr. Boo, our cat. DS works at a restaurant and had to work yesterday, and he didn't get off in time for church, so we didn't go this year. His boss sent prime rib home with him so we had that for dinner last night. DS came over about 11 this morning and we had a late breakfast and opened gifts. Now everyone but me is napping! I'm going to make lasagna for dinner later and I have some chips, veggies and dips for them to snack on in the meantime. I called my mom last night. She seemed to be doing pretty good. I know she misses Dad but I think the busy-ness of the season helps. My brothers and their families will spend the day there today so she'll have company.

Hope you all have a blessed Christmas and New Year.

10. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pcbatiks View Post
    Just curious Cathy..............did you make it until daylight before opening your SS gifts????
    Yes. I actually had to wait until this evening to open them!
    I needed to make the cream cheese frosting for the rolls before heading out to Nana's. That did not leave enough time to enjoy opening them before we left.
    It was torture, but well worth the wait! I'll have a photo shoot in the morning when we have better light. Right now the colors look off and my phone wants to blur the edges or just not take the photo.

I hope you all had a great day!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas a day late. Was just entirely too busy with the grands yesterday morning, and after that I was just pooped. We woke up to no power, and it did not come back on til about 9am. DD and the kids do their Santa thing here because of her dog. They wake up there, open their stockings that Santa has filled there, then come here for the rest of their Santa gifts. They were her til about 2, then left to go do other family things. My DH got me a small serger (the one I had mentioned) as well as a Ninja Coffee bar, and a few clothes. DD gifted me a beautiful photo of my DH and I, that was taken back in November when she had family pics taken. Also some super cute comfy Pooh jammies, slippers and other cute things. My Secret Santa outdid herself with the beautiful things she made me. A gorgeous hand crotcheted afghan, lap quilt, and beautiful placemats among wonderful gifts I received.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

13. Thanks Star lover, toggpine thanked for this post