Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Insane Night Owl

It has been a very productive couple of days here on the farm. Yesterday's big barn mucking out was followed by moving the last of 2018's kids out of the baby pasture and onto bigger things. I'd like to say that the boys all went to new homes, or had invites for supper, but no. The last 4 were transferred to the buck pen. It was a rather rude welcoming, but after a brief interlude, things settled down.
    We kept an eye on them as we schlepped 25 bales of hay up to the buck barn while it was dry. It is much more convenient to feed from inside the barn, than to have to haul a few flakes up, or even a bale, to feed every day.

Now to the insane part. I took Em over to Mom's for the night. They have some shopping plans for tomorrow and we will be meeting some family for dinner in the evening. I stopped at the Business Costco, and that was amazingly deserted. I dropped Em and made the tactical error of stopping in at Walmart.

CRAZY TOWN!
    I needed dog food, tuna fish, orange tic-tacs, a couple of t-shirts, York peppermint patties, mini-Swedish Fish, 2 insulated tumblers, & a pair of socks that Sandy must have to go with the pair I may not have actually mailed her two years ago.
    After hiking back out to the parking lot to find a cart, I managed to work my way through the store pretty quickly. They had all kinds of crap piled at the ends of the aisles so you could barely navigate one cart through, much less two. There were some close calls, but no major cart crashes ocurred!
    I wanted to. Check out the fabric, but I also knew I was likely to die of old age before I could get anyone to come cut it!
    The worst part was the check out lines! They took for ever and most of them were open for a change! In someways it was handy, as you could triple check the list while waiting.
    The lady behind me said she had been at the mall and it was almost as bad. She originally had two more stops, but that she was giving in and was just done for the night.
    I have decided that unless I'm getting a head, and shopping in the off season, most of my shopping will be done online. Waay to crazy out there and a few too many pairs of grumpy pants for my liking!

Did any of you venture out into the insanity in your neck of the woods today, or did you stay home and play with fabric?
    Whatever you did, I hope you had a good time!
    Hugs, Cathy
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Insane Night Owl

Might head out today weather permitting.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I went to bed early and it's now 4:30 AM! Will be getting dressed soon and venturing out to walmart! Pray for me! I'm hoping to beat the crowds!! Lol

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Socks? What socks?
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I ventured out to WalMart and played with fabric!

This is definitely a "small town" story. I was at the beauty shop when the person cutting my hair got a phone call from the manager of our local WalMart. They had just priced their Butterball turkeys at .50 a pound and the hams at $1.00 a pound. I told her there was no way I was going out there. Well, hubby came home and we decided to take the plunge. We ended up with a ham, two turkey breasts (.99 a pound for the breasts) and a huge turkey for less than $30. Walked right up to the self check out and so we were in and out of the store in 15 minutes. We parked in the furthest parking spot from the store so getting in and out took almost as long as shopping.

I hadn't been in my sewing room all week and boy did I miss it. I started cutting a quilt kit at 60 and finished a little after midnight. I'm ready for Sewing Thursday with friends beginning in January.
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Shopping on line isn't all that great and can getting quite frustrating when the store's site keeps closing doen mid order but at least you can be at home with a cup of coffee or some chocolate to help you through the process.

1st gift I ordered way back in mid November still hasn't arrived, checked its status again last night and now it's listed as back ordered. Think it's time to print out a photo of the item, box and wrap it and pit it under the tree .

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

May, if I have that much trouble and have not dealt with the company before, I'm leary of buying from them.
    It has been much less hassle for me than trolling through the mall or box stores to find gifts. There aren't too many things you can't find online.
    We have found some quirky stores out on our travels and picked things up way off season too. A much better solution to the feeding-frenzy vibe I was getting out there last night!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm home. Spent 2hrs shopping and got checked out right away. Glad I went when I did because there wasn't a parking spot in sight when I left. All and all not bad.......and I'm done!

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I did about 90% of my Christmas shopping online and it all arrived in plenty of time except one order and it's a nightmare. I placed an order with Macy's on the 13th. (I order from them occasionally and I've been a happy customer since Macy's bought out Filenes, a very long time ago). I got my shipping confirmation the next day....OH NO! the order had been split into 4 shipments and they were all going to be delivered to the wrong address (my son's old apt in CA, and we live in MA). Somehow during the order process, the address defaulted to my son's old address that was still in my Macy's address book. So I call Macy's. There's nothing they can do to stop it (you have 15 min after your order to make changes). They said they could change the address to mine on 2 of the 4 shipments. There is nothing to be done except to wait until everything is delivered, and hopefully the person living at that address will do the right thing and refuse the shipments. Three of the 4 were delivered and they're all being delivered by different methods: UPSurepost, UPS 2nd Day Air, UPS Ground and UPS Bypass UTR (whatever that is). And guess what? Macy's never did correct the address on 2 of the shipments as they said they would. I contacted UPS who said they will go out and retrieve 3 of the packages and return them to sender by the least expensive (slowest) method of shipping. So it will be close to mid-Jan before Macy's gets the returns. Macy's told me they would replace the order if it's all lost but who knows how long that will take. I'm so exhausted with the process that I just want to cancel the order. Oh, and although I ordered on the 13th, the order wasn't shipped until the 17th so this could have been avoided. Yes, it's nice that we can track our packages but all it really gets you is the ability to watch in horror as your shipment goes horribly awry.
    I'm thankful for so much in my life and in the grand scheme of things this is just "stuff" and it will work out in the end.
    Last edited by chelea; December 22nd, 2018 at 04:03 PM.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, MSN thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We got our Christmas lobster tails on sale for $7.99 a pound because the Hy-Vee newspaper ad was a mistake--it was supposed to say $7.99 per tail! lol The next day the butcher told my DH that they sold out of a month's worth of lobster in one day!

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post