Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: IT COSTS HOW MUCH?????????

I was pleased that I was able to see her when I went to M* this summer. The cost was $25. She did say that now when she travels, it must include her DH costs. He is a big part of the trunk show. I would see her again. She is funny, inspiring and truly a grateful and humble person. You will laugh and cry.

Earlier this year, Jenny came to Canada, about an hour away, it was $150CDN for trunk show and meet & greet (3hrs). I did not go see her then as I had conflict on time.

I did go see Tula Pink' s trunk Show and Meet & Greet in March. It was also $150CDN. I know I could have bought a lot of fabric, but I don't spend money on movies or other events, so I splurged. She did not disappoint. She also signed my quilt made with her line of fabric. Now I can't give it away.

I did meet Lynn Hagmeier this summer at her shop when I went to Bennington, KS. No charge. Lots of photos. I did leave with a lot of beautiful fabrics. So that was my cost.

I would like to go back to M* with DH, and also visit Angela Walters shop in MO.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya. I wanted to go see her trunk show, and decided against it because of the price and the drive. It still gets me how much people spend to travel to hamilton, and then go to retreats that cost thousands. When you can stay home and sew for free.
    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

If Jenny came to my area, I would pay the $75. Much cheaper than a trip to Hamilton!

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that cost of ALL M* events has gone up in the past 2 years or so. As they have grown, so have their prices. That being said....Ron has always traveled with her as part of her trunk show. That has been the deal since the beginning. She won't travel without him.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......