Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What is your preference?

I think it depends upon the set up of the home and even more so the friends. If there is the space available then staying out a friend's home is fine but if not a hotel would work much better. My in-laws stayed in a hotel when they visited when dh and I were first married because there was no room nor privacy available in the house that we rented. When we visit them, there is the space in both bedrooms and bathrooms.

I know a few couple that when they bought or built a house, they specifically made it so other could easily visit and have privacy.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I would say it depends on the length of the stay and how much it interferes with their daily routine. It is ok to stay 1-2 nights with friends that don't work nor have kids to take to school. I am having the same dilemma as the couple we visit every Spring for 2-3 days, have both had cancer surgeries during this year. They insist we stay with them as usual in 2019 but I'd rather we went to a hotel this time.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love staying in a hotel or even better a cruise cabin. We love to travel and cruising is best since you only need to unpack once.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting discussion. When we visit DH's family in KS, we stay at a hotel. Although his cousin wants us to stay with them next time we go, we probably would. Their place is clean and the guest room has a separate bathroom on a different level. It's almost the same set up as we have. We could have guests, be separate and private. DH family have not visited Canada in over 25 years and my family is all in town. We have a few friends from out of town, but since they are only an hour away, they don't stay.

When we travel, I like to enjoy the finer things, so we like to stay in hotels and resorts. Claire - we also enjoy cruise suite. I have the brochures out, and looking to planning a trip next year.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

7. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post