Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP Dec 21 - 27, 2018

I don't know about you all, but I don't expect to get much crafting done this time of year (though I have prepped a couple of the hexagon appliques just to keep my hands busy). My days this week are going to be filled with church and music, family and eating, wrapping and unwrapping gifts, etc. It's not like my needles are going anywhere LOL.

Best wishes to everyone celebrating a holiday this week and even if you aren't, hoping for a great week for us all.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Dec 21 - 27, 2018

I hope to get a quilt finished before Christmas but that may just be dreaming. We are busy today with a woodworking project at our DS then our family Christmas is here tomorrow. Sunday and Monday might just be ME time, haha, we shall see if that happens. If it does I might just accomplish that goal.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been feverishly making Christmas cushions this week, the last one done last night. I won't even try to do anymore sewing over the next few days as I have all my wrapping to do. I use my cutting table and an old rotary cutter and ruler to cut paper, it goes much quicker this way. I've just got the wrapping, iron the table clothes and that's me done for Christmas preparations.

We will have our Christmas carol service Sunday evening, which I always look forward to. It's a lot of work (I'm the leader of the worship group) but worth it.

I have been sewing some redwork embroidery in the evenings which will go into a quilt for Christmas next year and will sign up for the UFO group once I've got my list together.

Merry Christmas to you all and a happy, healthy New Year.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been feverishly making Christmas cushions this week, the last one done last night. I won't even try to do anymore sewing over the next few days as I have all my wrapping to do. I use my cutting table and an old rotary cutter and ruler to cut paper, it goes much quicker this way. I've just got the wrapping, iron the table clothes and that's me done for Christmas preparations.

We will have our Christmas carol service Sunday evening, which I always look forward to. It's a lot of work (I'm the leader of the worship group) but worth it.

I have been sewing some redwork embroidery in the evenings which will go into a quilt for Christmas next year and will sign up for the UFO group once I've got my list together.

Merry Christmas to you all and a happy, healthy New Year.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's down to crunch time. DH embroidered the GK's names on fabric for me. I attached them to their xmas stocking which we keep here. That way they have what is personal to them. We will bring them to my daughter's home tomorrow as they are hosting the family dinner. Yeah for us. First time ever that one of the kids steps forward. If I have time, I may finish xmas aprons (in my dreams).

DH started piecing the quilt for his newest GS born in August. I will applique the elephants, over the holidays. It's not for xmas. I don't think I will get anything else sewn before xmas. Claire, like you, after Sunday it's going to be ME time.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

9. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post