Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Shipping Complaints

I've been reading of all the trouble a lot of you are having, I also ordered the DD bolt of fabric, & received it very quickly. That being said, I do have a suggestion, since your not getting your orders in a timely fashion.
    Instead of talking with words...talk with you pocket book! if most of us rallied around the "I'm not ordering another thing for ….days. If they received no orders for even just one day, it would definitely get their attention!!

Granted, some kind sole would have the task of getting this organized, getting enough members to make an impact,
    and for us to stick to the commitment. Complain with words is all fine and good, but if it's not getting results change your method of dissatisfaction. One last word, if there's someone who really needed the DD bolt of fabric I would gladly sell mine, for the same price I paid. It's disheartening when you need it now, and you can't get it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Shipping Complaints

Shipping is a tough subject. Mine came quickly too.
    Your offer is very kind, and please remember that no selling is permitted on this site.
    Happy Holiday Season!
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

While I can have empathy for a person who decides to shop elsewhere if they are unhappy with shipping problems they have encountered, trying to start a crusade on a forum kindly hosted by the company is not a route I'd be in support of.

A lot of us have a long history with this company. As usual I'm leery of anyone who comes into a forum.. new with only two posts listed and suggests something like this.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Kathryn,

I guess I'm in the boat of I ordered it but I don't really need it right now. I have Mayfield Indigo that needs a bright white, but I haven't decided on a pattern yet. I want it for when I am ready.

Anyway, M* is trying to figure out their own best practices. We complained about the other company, so they're trying something different. Well, it's not as good as the way it was. They have a contract, so eventually they'll be able to try something else. I think most of us have suggested having a variety of shipping methods to choose from and dropping the flat fee, but many other vendors offer the flat fee for shipping and their methods are quicker.

Now that the processing and getting the orders ready to ship is working more efficiently, the next piece of the puzzle is shipping. Given time, they'll get it figured out. I'm sure everyone knows, once it leaves M*'s hands, they just as much as us are at the mercy of the shippers.

Personally, I'm not to happy with FedEx, but I signed up for notifications and I can see where my package is. And, yes, sometimes my package takes the most round about trip possible. UPS/ Surepost was just about as bad with 1 order spending 4 days moving from place to place in GA just across the border of FL.

There are plenty of days I don't order from M* because there isn't anything I need, but I won't stop ordering when I do need because I can't always depend on being able to get someone to take me to a LQS.

Everyone here is on their own quilting journey.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

5. Thanks mommadeb thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

, but many other vendors offer the flat fee for shipping and their methods are quicker.
    This is very true. I have dealt with several of them, and will avoid shopping here til its fixed. Sad.
    Last edited by auntstuff; December 21st, 2018 at 11:13 AM.

7. Thanks SewMuchToDo thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm going to pass on the whole boycott thing. I have no ax to grind with M*. They have been nothing but a great company for me to do business with for many years.

And I noticed that you have (at the time I write this) exactly two posts on this forum, both coming at M* with guns blazing. The first post calling them liars and the second calling for a boycott on them. Hmm....
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, MSN thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I just see a suggestion. Where's the guns you speak of?
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntstuff View Post
    I just see a suggestion. Where's the guns you speak of?
    "Granted, some kind sole would have the task of getting this organized, getting enough members to make an impact,
    and for us to stick to the commitment. "

In my book this is where it goes from suggestion to activist post. But other peoples mileage might vary :-)

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

12. Thanks MSN thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Come on folks, boycotting this company after everything that they have done. I've had problems and they were resolved. I've also had problems with other companies and their attitude was very different. I will continue to support M*.

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, MSN thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Nah. I'll also pass on the whole boycott thing. I've been with this company for far too long, watching the growing pains and joys. I can hang in while they get the shipping wiggles out. And they will. Guaranteed!
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, MSN thanked for this post