Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Shipping Complaints

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Girl View Post
    As I sit here reading these posts and others regarding shipping complaints, I find it sad that the most important thing to complain about in your life is shipping. Is it really that serious that you don't get your item as fast as you want it. If you need it that bad then go to the store or put your project on hold till your item arrives. Put this all in perspective, is this the worst thing happening to you? After loosing my Jim last month, believe me shipping is the least thing I worry about. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy and cherish your friends, family and loved ones.
    Georgie Girl, you really nailed what is important. If I could, I would hit the "Thanks" button 1,000 times for this. Hugs to you as you find your way through the holidays without your beloved Jim at your side.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

NO - NO - NO! No boycotting of M*. Totally uncalled for. It sounds like more of the problem is with the shipping/mailing carriers, not M* itself. I've been here on this Forum for several years & have purchased many items from M* & most of the time I have been very satisfied with the service. It's time to get some perspective on this issue.

3. Thanks sydneybean, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, with 2 posts on your belt , I would not call you a loyal supporter of this forum. If you were, you would realize that the bonds we have with each other are directly contributable to M* giving us this forum. And...they do GIVE it to us. We have formed friends, hugged (virtually) and cried and comforted and laughed with each other. I am so sorry that you have not found the joy we have and that you want to set up a drama . We will not boycott, because we are loyal and we have conscience . We will plan our purchases and we will wait. Sometimes we will be delighted that our orders came like speedy Gonzales and other times we will probably be disappointed that a drone didn't fly in and give us instant gratification.
    I hope you will relax and try to get to know us. Maybe see if you can learn a new trick or two from one of us or maybe teach us one. You might find that the community of the forum is worth more than a few days wait. I thought about ordering that DD you spoke of but I really didn't need it right now. I would have just added it to the shelf for something later on...so it wouldn't have mattered if it got here today or next month. It was a great DEAL.

5. Thanks Tracie T, Babs quilts thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Georgie Girl you are the voice of reason here and I wish everyone would listen to you. If the worst thing in your life right now is waiting longer than you want for your order to arrive, then life must be pretty good for you and you should thank your lucky stars you aren't battling some awful disease or mourning the loss of a beloved family member or friend.

7. Thanks pcbatiks, Babs quilts thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Flat shipping at $5 has been in place as long as I can remember. At first it was USPS Priority, those rates increased and UPS was contracted. Still charging a $5 flat rate now we have FedEx as the contract delivery system. I've compared shipping costs at a couple of other popular on-line shops for shipping based on one pkg of 10" squares and 5 yards of fabric. One company charges $6.99 and another would be $8.

One precut is shipped by them for the $5 rate (even found out that Hancocks of Paducah charges $8) ... but when you start adding yardage or more items to the order shipping increases. Personally, I think they need to either increase the flat rate charge or get rid of flat rate completely and start charging true cost. Don't get me wrong, I too have bigger things to worry about. But business models need to be periodically reviewed for the good of the company. And this would delete one frustration already faced in some peoples already stressful lives. Just my opinion.

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for stepping on so many toes!
    Guess you put me in my place didn't you?

Let's see if I got this straight. I'm considered as an outsider because I'm new, that it's your given right to complain...complain, & complain. But not do anything about it. Some of you complain, & then defend them all in the same breath. I figure your either part of the problem, or part of the solution...

Guess I need to take a refresher course on watching my P's & Q's. I certainly won't offend you any more.
    My apologies to all. Have a blessed day in spite of offensive posts.

10. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

When a child develops a bad habit you correct them (read complain.) From then on you give them time to correct their behavior.

One complaint among thousands of customers is insignificant in the business world ... but a multitude will bring it quicker to the attention of the business. The number of complaints can probably be attributed to a certain geographical area that the business can work to resolve with the shipping company. There is no quick fix ... there are contracts involved ... so things will not change for a while. But we have the patience to wait to see what happens. This problem has only recently developed (about a month or so.) I'm willing to stick with them until things work out.

If we didn't complain we would be part of the problem because they wouldn't know there was a problem. We are also part of the solution because we did bring it to their attention so they can start working to resolve it.

Your sarcasm is duly noted.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! can't believe this is going on the forum! I've been off the forum for awhile now as I didn't feel too welcome before and thought I'd try again. Don't get me wrong, no one was mean to me or anything but no one responded to my posts and I always felt left out I guess. Maybe it was just me.
    But I can't believe someone would suggest boycotting msqc! They have been so good to us! I know I've not ordered from other companies simply because I couldn't afford added on shipping costs! I can wait for my order here and like another mentioned, they have overcome their methods and shipping is out of their hands! I sometimes think being a small town has something to do with their shipping problems too. I do know that msqc is the only company that packages their products as well as they do! I never have to worry about my items taking a trip around the US! LOL Anyways, can we all be nice to each other? It's the holidays after all! Merry Xmas and happy holidays to all!

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, ktdid, Babs quilts thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

My most recent order on the 19th is in route. Fed ex shows the 28th as delivery......but it is in the next state over. If it holds true to the last 2 shipments time frame it will be here by Christmas eve. It has yardage and a template in the order. First time ordering yardage from M*.

Yup I rather like M*.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ktdid View Post
    I'm so sorry for stepping on so many toes!
    Guess you put me in my place didn't you?

Let's see if I got this straight. I'm considered as an outsider because I'm new, that it's your given right to complain...complain, & complain. But not do anything about it. Some of you complain, & then defend them all in the same breath. I figure your either part of the problem, or part of the solution...

Guess I need to take a refresher course on watching my P's & Q's. I certainly won't offend you any more.
    My apologies to all. Have a blessed day in spite of offensive posts.
    My two cents....again. Why are we spending time going around and around with the initial post and now the second one other than to demonstrate our commitment to a company who has helped us get what we need for our various hobbies, provided a community of people who have shared our loves, supported us in times of sadness and celebration? This forum has never in my years involved not welcomed a new member and provided all the support they could.

I applaud what M* and this forum community does for so many including many charities. I am certainly sure, particularly at this time of year, when so many have gotten the point across that we will stay and support M*, that our time could be better spent just ending this string which started with nothing but negativity and seems that it will continue to be. We have a right to state our opinions, all of us. It's time to let this one go.
    Last edited by MHG Winnower; December 22nd, 2018 at 09:33 AM.
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown