Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Tidied-up Night Owl

Today was an adventure!
    It was the first day of our Christmas break from school/work.
    Our area was expecting another round of high winds today. Last week we were hit with wide spread power outages, and one area had a tornado touch down! Washington doesn't get many tornados!
    I managed to get the chimneys of the hurricane lamps washed before the power went out. I finished scrubbing the bathrooms and dusting using my "wireless" cleaning items! About the time I finished, our power crews got the juice back on! Perfect! I got the house vacuumed and the furniture moved for the tree to come in.

While I finished the vacuuming, Hubby went down and started mucking out the barn. We managed to get that project knocked off today too! The girls are going to really appreciate the fluffy straw, and I'll appreciate the smell!

Now I can tuck into the sewing room without feeling too guilty!

Did any of you get stuff checked off of your lists today? What's up in your neck of the woods?
    Hugs! Cathy
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

2. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tidied-up Night Owl

Hi Cathy, thought about you Tuesday when I saw the news of the tornado. I knew you weren't in the path, but was still wondering how bad the winds were for you (and again today). This has been some wild winds we're having lately. Glad to hear you all are safe and sound.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Cathy,

I was waiting on supplies in the mail to finish my hand embroidery so I organized my four boxes of floss and cleared off my cutting table, then got some washed and ironed satin and silk fabric cut and pieced to embellish a different project (a Sue Spargo wool applique).

Then my supplies arrived and I finished off embroidering a wise man. I still need to sew it into a free standing doll. Then I'll have another thing done on my Fabulous Finishing Group list for 2018. The 2019 sign up is going on now in the Groups section, if anybody's interested...

All Craftsy classes are $19.99 today, it seems.

I hope all the goats and doggies are good!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

HI Cathy, Good to see my old Night Owl pal posting. Falling asleep and staying asleep has kept me from Night Owling this year. Oh yes I did cross something off my list for today, #2 - 10 am - have 2nd cup of coffee. That done I'm off to cross off a few more items. Have a Merry Christmas,

6. Thanks MSN, Sandy Navas thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

May, now that I'm working, I'm night owling a lot less. I have a bit of trouble being on top of my game if I'm only getting a couple of hours of sleep. While they are cute, those elementary kiddos are ruthless, and they sense weakness like a shark smells blood in the water!
    I just happened to think about it last night and thought I'd post since, if like me, there are people up sewing before Christmas!

Glad to see several others checked some things off their lists! I'm off to go find some coffee myself!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Sandy Navas thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Best laugh of the day, May. Glad you have at least two items crossed from your list today.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from you. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and 2019.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toggpine View Post
    May, now that I'm working, I'm night owling a lot less. I have a bit of trouble being on top of my game if I'm only getting a couple of hours of sleep. While they are cute, those elementary kiddos are ruthless, and they sense weakness like a shark smells blood in the water!
    I just happened to think about it last night and thought I'd post since, if like me, there are people up sewing before Christmas!

Glad to see several others checked some things off their lists! I'm off to go find some coffee myself!
    I didn't mind the kids as much as their parents. lol, Of course mine were the middle group (1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders). Having so many age groups and levels to work with, it was more of a juggling act than watching out for sharks.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post