Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: 2018 Block set?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Angry 2018 Block set?

I sent an inquiry of when the 2018 Block set will be available to order....I did receive an email that the set isn't available yet and it is uncertain of when that will be? I guess I will have to wait until the set is available; I was hoping to order the set for myself for Christmas....oh well.....
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2018 Block set?

I still haven't received the last issue. Something to look forward to.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know who told you it wasn't available, but I bought mine and have it ready for after Christmas!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KPH View Post
    I don't know who told you it wasn't available, but I bought mine and have it ready for after Christmas!
    The complete set is not available yet. There is one with the box and 5 issues, but the last one of the year isn't in there.
    https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...dle-issues-1-5
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It is now available - which I think it just became available because the latest issue just came out. My block magazine came in the mail today.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, even though the 2018 Block set was not promoted complete (I ordered the set that offered the volumes 1-5 and did a separate order for volume 6) on 01/18/19. It is on the slow boat to China....11 days? Like I have stated before...the more hands that touch the package, the longer it takes to get to it's destination. I so wish a better alternative had been chosen rather than Fedex Smartpost......The sad part? Three day span between the label being created until it arrived in Olathe, KS sorting facility? And as of right now? The package traveled 1.5 hours in two days from Mamaroneck, NY to Windsor, CT. The package is now 2.5 hours away from me and the wait of 4 days is yet to transpire....YIKES! And when I first saw how long the expected shipment was (it was originally going to deliver 01/30/19). I called Fedex to see why it would take so long. Guess what the answer was? "This is the shipping plan that our client (M*) has chosen. The expected shipping plan is to be 1-7 business days."

Friday , 1/25/2019 7:16 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST WINDSOR, CT
    Departed FedEx location 6:54 pm
    Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service
    Thursday , 1/24/2019 6:31 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST WINDSOR, CT
    Arrived at FedEx location
    Wednesday , 1/23/2019 9:14 pmMAMARONECK, NY
    In transit
    63 amFEDEX SMARTPOST GROVEPORT, OH
    Departed FedEx location
    Tuesday , 1/22/2019 11:29 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST GROVEPORT, OH
    70 pmBROOKVILLE, OH
    In transit
    2:52 amFEDEX SMARTPOST OLATHE, KS
    Departed FedEx location
    Monday , 1/21/2019 3:58 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST OLATHE, KS
    Friday , 1/18/2019 4:46 pm
    Shipment information sent to FedEx
    Last edited by shermur; January 26th, 2019 at 08:02 AM.
    Sherri

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I had ordered the wrong set. I misread the year and was so excited until it got here and realized my boo boo. lol, oh well. Melinda is in for a surprise. I'll send that set to her.

I did get my 2018 set later. It was a rainy day, the mail main dumped it on the porch and the box was already split. I considered myself lucky that I had a raised mat outside the front door and I heard the thud of it hitting the ground since the box was already split. It could have easily been ruined when it would have fit in the mailbox and been protected.

I hope yours arrives in a better fashion than mine did.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KPH View Post
    It could have easily been ruined when it would have fit in the mailbox and been protected.

I hope yours arrives in a better fashion than mine did.
    Katrina...I hope mine shows up in better condition, too. My front porch is NOT covered either and as much snow/rain as we have been getting lately? I am thankful I am not working Tuesday and I can be home when the package arrives......
    Sherri

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

One thing to please understand is the weather of ice, white out road conditions where the snow was blowing so hard across the road you could not see the road and low temperatures that we have been having in Missouri has slowed everything down. Due to employee safety, MSQC has had some days that they have been closed. Very thankful MSQC cares about the safety of their employees. There were days that it was not safe for anyone to be out on the road. We had roads drifting back shut right after they were plowed, businesses and government officers were closing due to unsafe weather/road conditions. MODOT (Missouri Department of Transportation) and law enforcement were advising everyone to stay off the roads. Some schools were closed all last week. On Friday, my dad spent 21 hours on township roads trying to get them all open. And this was after he had been working on the road all last week opening them to turn around and redo most of them over again because of the drifting snow.

And this week we are headed for some very negative windchills. For the first time in many years, Missouri is actually have a winter.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

No, its Fedex smartpost and it isn;t just here. ANY thing from anywhere shipped that way is slower than evolution.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.