• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lourixe
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2013

New group: "Finished is better than perfect" 2019 edition

How are your holiday preps doing? What about your UFOs? Did you -like me- progress a little, digress a little, procrastinate a little during 2018???

I will be managing this motivational group during 2019.

C+P of what it consists of:

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2019? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2019.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.

You are welcome to join us:
    Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2019? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2019. Here is how it works. First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.) Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well. We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
  • Cathy F
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Re: New group: "Finished is better than perfect" 2019 edition

We'll I got a few things crossed off my list which I was pleased with. The rest of my list got put on hold for new projects that had a deadline. I had to do 30 surgery dolls and gowns and sewed 15 wreaths for a service project so they took a bit of time. I also signed on as a vendor for our club's craft fair and that took quite a but of sewing. So all in all I did get plenty accomplished just not all the thing's on my list for this year.
    Looking forward to this year.
    Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      Missouri Star
      • Aug 2015

Thank you so much for starting up this new group for 2019. I have found previous year's groups a good way to determine my priorities and stick with them. Oh, sometimes, I've gone ahead and done extra numbers but then there are months where I rarely saw my sewing room.

I will join the group and write up my lists for 2019.

Suzanne
      Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Caroline T.
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2016

I participated in 2017 and found it so fun and motivational. I didn't participate in 2018 because 2017 was so successful that I didn't have but a few UFOs then. However this year I did create a bunch of new ones, so I'll be joining again in 2019.

Now to go start my list...….

Comment

• MaryUK
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2016

Thank you for taking up the reins and leading the group for 2019. I found this year's group helped me organise myself although I did get waylaid somewhat with Linus quilts and charity makes. I was pleased with the amount I got done but that's in part down to the fact I retired at the end of September 2017 so have much more time to sew!!

I've been gathering up my UFO's for 2019 along with projects I want to make. I really want to get to grips with applique in 2019 and the group will help me to get stuff done while playing with wool/cotton bits!!

I'll post my list when I've got it all together.

Comment

• jjmanago
            Machine Stitcher
            • Oct 2018

Not sure how much I will get done or how far I’ll get but I think I might try this. Over abundance of family responsibilities and a more than full time job besides, it’ll at least give me something in my spare few minutes to try to keep my focus! Now, where did I put my previous lists I tried to make last year? Lol

Comment

• URIBARRI-MAYOR
              Missouri Star
              • Nov 2013

Thank you lourixe por taking the reins of the group this year and for Sylvia also for encouraging us during these two years I hope that next year everything goes well and your health improves. My list 2018 has not been reduced much because I have been knitting enough jackets and shawls but this new year I will try to makes only patchwork and the list will be smaller and smaller, although untill January I will not do it because this Christmas I have a lot of time to look in the cupboards and look for the UFOs that I want to finish. But I want to take this thread to wish all the friends of the forum a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous Year 2019

Comment

• Sylvia H
                Missouri Star
                • May 2014

Thank you so much, lourixe, for taking over this group. I am looking forward to participating and getting projects done next year. I have an ambitious agenda, but I am going to do my darndest to get it all done. I did virtually nothing quilt wise over the last two years, but I did create a few more quilt tops - more UFOs to get finished.

I joined the group today, but I haven't posted my lists yet. Right now, getting ready to drive to NYC to pick up my daughter and her family so they can join us in PA for Christmas.
                If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

• GuitarGramma
                  Missouri Star
                  • Apr 2012

Lourixe, thank you so much for taking over the group this year. And Sylvia, thank you for running it these last few years.

I may join you half way through this year. There's so much going on with my mom and step-dad's situation that I know I won't be able to set a schedule for myself for the next six months. Or maybe I should make up my "list of twelve" and just do the six that come up when I do join you. Sometimes typing is a form of thinking out loud, yes? Off I go to sign up!
                  Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Working...
                  X