Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: If you plan to give a gift to your mail carrier:

My mail carrier is a gem! He is kind, courteous and says "God Bless" as he ends every conversation with patrons. In the summer of 2017' he pulled up in my driveway and apologized for forgetting to bring me some vacation hold cards which He had promised to deliver to me. next day, he was gone. Weeks went by, I would ask those who were delivering if they knew anything about him. No one knew. I figured he had retired or had been moved to another route. To my amazement, he showed up again this past fall, 15 months later, and guess what he had? My vacation hold cards! Turns out he had spinal surgery to correct a poorly healed injury he sustained while serving in the armed services in Iraq, and was rehabbing from the surgery! So, you better bet he got a Christmas gift from me! I stalked him yesterday and handed it to him in person. I thanked him for his service, both as my mail carrier and for his service as a veteran.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    My mail carrier is a gem! He is kind, courteous and says "God Bless" as he ends every conversation with patrons. In the summer of 2017' he pulled up in my driveway and apologized for forgetting to bring me some vacation hold cards which He had promised to deliver to me. next day, he was gone. Weeks went by, I would ask those who were delivering if they knew anything about him. No one knew. I figured he had retired or had been moved to another route. To my amazement, he showed up again this past fall, 15 months later, and guess what he had? My vacation hold cards! Turns out he had spinal surgery to correct a poorly healed injury he sustained while serving in the armed services in Iraq, and was rehabbing from the surgery! So, you better bet he got a Christmas gift from me! I stalked him yesterday and handed it to him in person. I thanked him for his service, both as my mail carrier and for his service as a veteran.
    Awesome! You should recommend him for a Quilt of Valor.
    Vonnie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quiltfreestyle, I just signed up for this free service last week. It is very useful because we get our meds through the mail.