Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Janome 14000

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Janome 14000

Do you have the Janome 14000? If so, what do you like/dislike about it? I currently have the 9400 (6 mos old) and a brother nq1400e (embroidery only used 4 times) but I don't have room for both of them to be set up at the same time. So, I'm looking for a combo. I love the 9400 so I would like to stick with Janome and the 14000 is in my price range. Before I take the plunge I would love any feedback. Thanks!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Janome 14000

I have a Janome 15000 it is an awesome embroidery machine. I' m not sure what the difference is between the two machines. They are basically the same size and use the same size hoops. I know the 15000 uses WiFi for transfers of designs from computer to machine. That is convenient, but I could carry a USB stick 3 feet from the computer to machine, so it wouldn't be worth the extra money. I use the machine for garment sewing when I need zigzag stitches, but I mostly use my straight stitch machine for quilt piecing and General seaming. I think Bubby here on the forum has a 14000 and she embroiders A LOT OF things! You might try contacting her for more specific information.

I bought my machine during a Jenny Haskins embroidery seminar. The bonus of buying through that event was the tremendous amount of add ones I got with the machine, 165 spools of Jenny Haskins threads, all the stabilizers demonstrated in the seminar, software for editing and designing, 100s of free designs, and an iPad for the wifi feature. The first time my design transferred from computer to machine via wifi, I shrieked in delight and amazement! I was very glad to get all of the stabilizers, as that is the most confusing thing for me in doing good machine embroidery. If you ever find a seminar like that offered, it is a great way to learn tricks about machine embroidery. It is a glorified sales pitch for machines, but you can ignore the pressure if you don't want to buy. I took the seminar a second time sponsored by a BabyLock dealer. Got more ideas, free stuff and just turned my attention elsewhere while they were pitching machines.
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; December 14th, 2018 at 11:51 PM.

3. Thanks g8dhorse7, SuzanneOrleansOntario, MSN thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Janome 12000 and LOVE it!! It has a robotic arm and comes with HorizonLink (for editing embroidery designs) and AccuFil (for programming machine quilting). It's a beautiful machine. There are newer models of Janome but I will keep my 12000. If you have any specific questions you can pm me.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a 15000 and not sure of the difference of a 14000. They are fantastic embroidery machines as well as quilting. Janome resently upgraded to allow ruler work as it was impossible on the previous version. Something to do with the automatic pressure foot lift. The best thing was you only needed to upgrade your machine, not purchase a new one. Cost was minimal. Like Jean, I can walk to the machine to transfer a design and rarely use the WiFi connection. A few days ago Martelli sent an email out about a machine for sale that someone had ordered but was unable to pick up now, a 15000. I have purchased tables and machines thru them and I am sure that you can get a good deal. Hopefully there is one you can tryout near you and price to compare. If you would like to see the email, just let me know. You can’t go wrong with a Janome. It is a machine that will last many years.

6. Thanks g8dhorse7 thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I also have the 15000 and think that the basic differences between the 15000 and 14000 are the wifi connection and the number of built in stitches and embroidery designs. If you go to the Janome website you can do a side by side comparison of both machines.
    One thing about the 15000 and the 14000 is that the embroidery arm is behind the machine instead off to the left, taking up much less space width wise. The arm only extends about 2 feet behind the machine I think, not where I can measure right now. That was a selling point for me as I didn't have width space but plenty of depth space. It is also a heavy machine about 37 lbs so moving from spot to spot is not a good option.
    Just a few more points to consider.
    Good luck in whatever you decide. I love my 15000 it is an awesome machine and does a fantastic job of stitching and embroidery.

8. Thanks g8dhorse7 thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Yippee! I contacted the dealer I bought my 9400 from and he is giving me the full price I paid for it AND almost the full price I paid for my Brother nq1400e embroidery machine (purchased 2yrs ago from a local dealer) towards a new 14000! I was dreading trying to sell them online. I've never had good luck doing that. He did have to order the machine so it will be 10-14 days before it arrives. Perfect timing...after Christmas. I pulled the embroidery machine out of the closet this morning because I wanted to stitch a bag flap. After moving the 9400, unboxing the emb. machine and setting it up, hunting for the box with all my emb thread, setting my laptop up on my cutting table, and hunting for the design to download......I was done. I called the dealer right then and made the deal. LOL!

10. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!!

12. Thanks g8dhorse7 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

So happy for you!!! Enjoy your new purchase!!!

14. Thanks g8dhorse7 thanked for this post