Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP Dec 14 - 20, 2018

My gosh, the holidays are approaching WAY too fast. I still have hopes to get the knitted throw done and the family tree needlework framed.

On the quilting front, there's finally been forward progress. I have all the sub units on Block 19 of "It was the 80s" finished and all I need to do is cut the four pieces that are more or less internal sashing and put the entire thing together. WHEW. This one has been on the back burner for way too long.

I got my donation block done and promptly forgot it on Quilt Guild night. I think I'll mail it to the past president with a note.

At least work is starting to get back to normal. How are thing in your world?

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Dec 14 - 20, 2018

The Tessalla pattern has been on my to do list all year. I was finally able to acquire a Gelato jelly roll at not full retail (this jelly roll rarely goes on sale.) I am in love with these deeply saturated graduated colors. I should have the first test block made later today. Then I will cut the whole jelly roll and go into full scale production mode.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4783.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	156429
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

4. Thanks threadbndr, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's coming way too fast, way too much life being thrown this way. Thank God my DD is hosting DH & all our combined brood on Dec 23rd. With mom is convalescent care, I am going every day, so I'm not getting much of anything done. Today I had a funeral-service to go to. I will be cooking the ham, patatoes & sweet patatoes. Easy breezy as they will propare the remainder.

Yesterday there was a Jingle Mingle at our LQS. I did not need, but I wanted and got 2 half metres of fabric. Pretty good. DH got a few quilt books. Tomorrow we will go to the country LQS to pick large spools of Glide thread. She also has a sale. Her prices already beat other stores. It might be hard to resist.

If I have time, I will make snap bags for GKs. If not, then later.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Tessalla test block completed. I am satisfied that I understand the instructions and am ready to move to mass production.

Name:	100_4785.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	156433
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

7. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    The Tessalla pattern has been on my to do list all year. I was finally able to acquire a Gelato jelly roll at not full retail (this jelly roll rarely goes on sale.) I am in love with these deeply saturated graduated colors. I should have the first test block made later today. Then I will cut the whole jelly roll and go into full scale production mode.
    Denise- Is that JR the ones from Maywood Studios?
    No- I'm not the test dummy for your dog's behavioral training class.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanquilts View Post
    Denise- Is that JR the ones from Maywood Studios?
    Yes the ribbon tied around the jellyroll says Maywood Studio. The fabric manufacturer is EE Schenck

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    Tessalla test block completed. I am satisfied that I understand the instructions and am ready to move to mass production.

Name:	100_4785.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	156433
    Oh Denise you are too funny. Mass production lol! You truly are a one woman quilt factory the way you crank out projects! I half expect you will finish this top before Christmas except for the quilting. You leave us all in the dust.

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post